FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Explain stupid shit, Derek Payne.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp.
           Author           Message
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:26 am)

Post     Explain stupid shit, Derek Payne.

This is the thread where Derek explains stupid shit.

Why do so many motherfucking nerds like Transformers, Derek Payne?

I never thought they were that special.
Supah Ted
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:45 am)

Post     Re: Explain stupid shit, Derek Payne.

Our Convo went a little something like this..

See I was in the Hair Dressers getting my hair done and the girl who was cutting my hair started flirting.

Now obivously I wasn't interested in her, she had that real ' I party and have sex too much ' look about her. Something that I personally dont find very appealing.

So in the middle of cutting my hair she says -

Girl: So... do you like to party? ( in a kind of slutty voice )

I had to think quick, this was my one chance to woo that girl I've never wanted..
I replied with -

Me: Only when It's Mario Party

She gave me a funny look and didnt talk much after that, Had to pay the full price and I never saw her again..

Looks like I just dont have a way with girls after all ermm.gif
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:49 am)

Well I attribute the enjoyment of Transformers to two things.

One, nostalgia weighs in as heavily with other nerds as it does me so regardless of how imbecilic something is as long as you enjoyed it when you were younger you'll enjoy it now (a healthy sense of irony is required for this one to work). Nostalgia is incredibly powerful, and it's why there are You Can't Do That on Television conventions and fifty year old imbeciles insisting that the original Star Trek is anything but trash.

Two when there's both a long lasting and terrible tv series (multiple tv series actually, there was never much time between the original inception and modern times when there wasn't a transformers so on the air), and a long lasting and terrible comic book (that also takes itself way too seriously) inherently some alpha nerd somewhere is going to declare it awesome and a bunch of other nerds will jump on his nerd bandwagon. Add the power of the internet to this and it gain enough momentum for people to actually think a large chunk of the population really does enjoy the thought of robots turning into cars or gorrillas (keep in mind that nerds are the most vocal and powerful voice on the internet because really they got here before everyone else).

Then as a minor note Transformers has always been heavily pushed on kids and the nerd community because the toys have always been expensive as fuck (really 30 dollars for a whiny faggot that turns into a cheetah?). That's why I don't think GI Joes ever gained the momentum because the toy company couldn't charge you the price of a video game to have a single figurine.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 am)

Makes sense!
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:38 am)

Transformers are awesome because you can start with a giant robot equipped with many guns, and he can transform himself into a giant pistol built for a hand much larger than any that exists.
Theldorrin
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 am)

The 80s really had awesome toys. Things nowadays don't have nearly the articulation. They're basically immobile models.
My Head Hurts 90
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:19 pm)

The Beast Wars toys are fucking awesome and are fairly recent.

I also used to buy a lot of Spawn/McFarlane shit because when I was 14 my love of chains and belts rivaled that of Vinny's. I still like them!
Stupid Fucking Faggot
Stupid 30 fuckbag who likes DBZ
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:45 pm)

I've been working on the Transformers PROBLEM myself.

Transformers fans are very interesting.

They tend to have this creepy, HYPER-EMOTIONAL connection to it, and I want to understand this. Especially considering that it's not a soap opera or a novel or something that people could more understandably get their pussies wet about. It's goddamn robots!

But these people are seriously insane. I've always kind of known that there was an army of Transformers psychos lurking amongst us, but the movie has really brought them out of the woodwork. Their LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS about how things are being done in the movie, their VOCALNESS about it and the lengths they will go to to attack Michael Bay, campaign for changes, etc. has really been something to see.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:59 pm)

Misfitman really likes Transformers, particularly Megatron.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
Stupid 30 fuckbag who likes DBZ
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:16 pm)

LazyTown is Stephanie.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:37 pm)

When you're five and you have a toy that can be a dinosaur AND a robot, it is the best thing ever.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:06 pm)

I can tolerate Transformer nerds.
Let My Love Open The Door
I do God's work of raping BITCHES!
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 pm)

I liked Beast Wars but made no effort to keep up with it when it stopped being on right before I went to school.
Derek Payne
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:30 pm)

GI Joes were far better toys in the long run because they were cheap to replace if you broke them and infinitely more poseable than fucking Transformers.
Let My Love Open The Door
I do God's work of raping BITCHES!
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:31 pm)

The only thing GI Joes could transform into were naked guys and guys in various stages of magnifying glass-induced melting.
Theldorrin
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 pm)

Are we talking about the dolls or the action figures?
Derek Payne
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 pm)

I'm talking about the 3 3/4 inch GI Joes. What faggots played with with gussied up Ken Dolls ones? Not anyone I know of.
Theldorrin
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 pm)

The action figures were very awesome. Especially with all of the vehicles and whatnot.

And everyone had some, so that when you played with other people you could have massive battles.
Derek Payne
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 pm)

They were.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:03 pm)

Why do you like Rygar so much?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: