FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Derek Payne Video Game Quiz!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp.
           Author           Message
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm)

Post     Re: The Derek Payne Video Game Quiz!

Megaman Legends is wonderful and beyond reproach! Hahah she used a voice modulator to fool him!
Spamdini
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm)

Megaman 8 was rather good, wasn't it? Rather satisfying considering that 7 was such garbage. 2 & 3 are the best by far, but I think 8 would rank in right after that.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:20 pm)

It's about time for a megaman game that isn't battle network to be made.
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:21 pm)

The problem is that it didn't feel like a Megaman game. Honestly, there's no reason that a 3d Megaman game couldn't work, but Capcom is completely unwilling to spend any money on one. What they've done with the franchise is hilarious. They actually revive it with the Battle Network series which was pretty decent initially, but then they beat that into the ground with yearly sequels that offered only slight changes. Then of course there's the Zero games which was created because faggots like Zero and will purchase any piece of trash that features the character.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:22 pm)

Then there was that ZX shit that I found unplayable because the world map system made no goddamn sense.
Spamdini
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:23 pm)

I have yet to finish Megaman ZX, but I can't say I'm hooting and hollering over it. The Zero games were fun, but damned if you could beat one of those suckers without peeking at an FAQ from time to time.
Derek Payne
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:27 pm)

Zero games were essentially just Megaman X games except instead of the difficulty coming from hard boss fights or platforming it came from a retarded power up system (the levels and bosses are actually a fucking joke). Zero 4 was really the only one to get it right. The Zero series big selling point for me was that the game basically played like Bionic Commando.

I still have yet to play ZX. I'll probably pick it up used eventually, but I never wanted Megaman to turn into a halfassed Metroid game which is what that is.

Apparently Starforce is pretty mediocre as it heavily simplifies the Battle Network formula.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:43 pm)

THE CREATOR said he and his team want to make a Legends 3 but the Capcom brass won't let them.

Which is just good business because those games didn't sell.

Retarded children that will eat up the same worthless shit time and time again make for the best customers (See: Pokemon).
Seru
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:44 pm)

Wait, what the hell is Starforce?
Derek Payne
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:46 pm)

The thing is, that at least Pokemon has a lot of depth to the combat system despite such a simplistic outer appearance. Megaman Battle Network had the makings of a complex game, but after the 3rd one it never really fulfilled that. I thought that the games after the fifth one were going to take it in more of a strategy RPG direction, but that didn't happen we just got piece of shit Battle Network 6.

If Legends had got the boss battle aspect correct I think that it could've had a lot of potential.
Seru
(Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:56 pm)

Legends 2 had plenty of bosses.

The problem was they could all be beaten by running in a circle.
Derek Payne
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:24 am)

They also are fucking retarded Giant Robots which really isn't what Megaman is about.
Seru
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 am)

It will be thousands of years in the future when the world is covered in water.
Derek Payne
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:45 am)

Mega Man bosses (except for sub, intro stage, and end game bosses) aren't supposed to be towering behemoths. In general they're supposed to be near the same size as Mega Man and have a different presentation. It's hard to describe, but it's an important feature to maintain across the board in Mega Man games.

Also, Mega Man style combat doesn't translate well into 3-d because Mega Man becomes far too powerful. When you add the third dimension dodging is a joke. Castlevania games have had the same problem.
Magic Juan
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 am)

I thought Death in Lament of Innocence was very hard.
Derek Payne
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:52 am)

The bosses in Curse of Darkness were much harder. Curse of Darkness actually could have been an excellent game had Konami been willing to spend any time and money in stage development.
Seru
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:54 am)

Most older game series don't translate well to 3D.

And that's usually the fault of the developers because they have no experience with 3D.
Seru
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:56 am)

Like I said, that's the fault of the development team!

The main guy has said in a dozen interviews that he can't grasp 3D stage design.
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:00 am)

Mega Man fucking sucks cock

Well, I guess 2 was good
Derek Payne
(Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 am)

Yeah, but any idiot can see repeating the same room over and over again doesn't work in 3d. Honestly, if Ninja Gaiden can survive the 3d treatment Mega Man and Castlevania should be able to as well.

I would say Mega Man is far from sucking. Essentially everyone who has played video games is likely to enjoy at least one of the games from the various Mega Man series.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: