FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mafia rule suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner
           Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:41 am)

Post     Mafia rule suggestions

I'm putting up the sign-up thread for the next game soon, along with the revised rules, but here is where people can offer suggestions on how to balance the game, for now and all further rounds.
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:51 am)

Post     Re: Mafia rule suggestions

No aim at all. All communication should be done though pms (and the only people who should be communicating through pm are mafia and people with special roles), anyone who cheats and looks at other people's pms will be banned from the game. Townspeople can't communicate in secret in a real game they shouldn't be able to here.

No ghost posts outsides of a single accusation slinging post after you die and maybe a post to call everyone a faggot. Ghosts should be forced to post in their own forum, and they should be limited in their discussion of the game because they are not the same are live players.

Vigilante and Psychic should be the only special roles.

Anyone who proves their role via video or screenshot will be banned from the game. You can claim to be whatever role you want just don't attempt to prove it in an unfair manner.

If someone doesn't make a single post every 48 hours of the game they are removed from the game.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:52 am)

We've been playing with too few mafia.

This is from Wikipedia:

A good rule of thumb is about one mafia for every two non-mafia members. So one mafium (incorrect singular sometimes used in the game) for under five players, two mafia for five to seven players, three mafia for eight to ten players, and so on. For greater than sixteen players, games usually last too long and the dead become restless. Note that if six to eight are playing it adds excitement by not telling the townsfolk how many mafia are playing, hence the narrator can tell them "either one or two mafia" are in the game. The narrator should only reveal this after one side has won.

Add in a psychic and it skews even more in the favour of the townspeople.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:53 am)

The problem with no AIM is that people will just violate it.

Also you can look on the who's online to see what people are sending or looking at PMs.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:55 am)

In the first game things were pretty even, and the mafia probably should've won (because Yogurtman didn't listen to me).

I think in a game of 22 people 6 or 7 mafia would be fine though.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 am)

In the first game, the mafia delayed the game and that immediately cast suspicion on many of the members.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:00 am)

I didn't break the AIM rule, and I don't know anyone who did other than Vinny and Magic Juan. If people are going to cheat on a very simple rule than I just won't fucking play because that's retarded.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:00 am)

7 mafia would be good for 22 players in total.

That's 7 mafia and 15 townspeople.

We just played with 6 mafia and 18 townspeople.

And 5 mafia and 15 townspeople.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:01 am)

The mafia delayed the game because there are people who sign up and don't play. That's fucking stupid.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:02 am)

That's not why the game was delayed.

And technically it wasn't even delayed because the mafia had plenty of time. It's just that some people, myself included, like for things to happen as quickly as possible.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:07 am)

I'd also like to go back to night being only 12 hours. There's no reason for it to be any longer because the Mafia have significantly less to deliberate about and fewer members who need to vote. In a real mafia game nighttime would be very short.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:08 am)

Anyway, I don't think AIM was really the problem. The problem was that there were too many special powers that were entirely beneficial, and their use was confirmed during the night. Absolute confirmation of a living person's role should not be possible.

I think it'd be a mistake to disallow AIM, because people will just break the rule like they did in the first game.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 am)

No because people weren't really breaking the rule other than Magic Juan and Vinny (in fact the no AIM rule is what got Big Fagot caught). The townspeople aren't really supposed to have secret communications. Honestly, AIM will allow exactly what happened in this game to happen again and again. I think most people will be willing to obey the rule considering how shitty this game was.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 am)

12 hours is not that much time if you spend 8 of them sleeping.

Not to mention the fact that you're not going to be able to plan things out with the other players unless they all have a similar schedule and use AIM.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 am)

No it won't, because there should be no roles that are confirmed during the night.

The problem in this game, aside from the fact that there were too many beneficial roles, was the fact that you could have 100% confirmation that someone alive was a townsperson.
Theldorrin
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:14 am)

And while it may have been those two initiating the conversations, there were other people reciprocating.
Derek Payne
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:17 am)

We had 12 hours in the last game and it went just fine. The Mafia can send pms and plan during the day it's not that complicated.

I was under the impression that most people in the previous game were going out of their way to obey the AIM rule. If I'm the only one who obeyed it then that's retarded. Are you people really this incapable of following a simple rule for a game?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:19 am)

I talked with Mike briefly on AIM, but we didn't form any strategies or anything.
My Head Hurts 90
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:36 am)

I'm barely on AIM so I could play by the rule.

Seriously people, just do it for the fun of the game!
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:45 am)

I think 7 might be too many.

Remember, playing this on the internet is extraordinarily different than playing it at a party or in a classroom or whatever. It really is hard when you can't communicate with people in person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: