FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAFIA II: Don't Trust Anyone
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner
           Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:02 am)

Post     MAFIA II: Don't Trust Anyone

This is MAFIA.

It takes place in a fictional town by the name of Pizza Paradise.

It is the story of two warring groups of players: townspeople and Mafia.

The two teams are out for one another's blood. Every Day, the group as a whole elect to kill one of their own in an attempt to reduce the number of Mafia. Every Night, the Mafia assemble in secret and pick off the townspeople, one at a time.

Townspeople earn victory when all the Mafia have been exterminated. Mafia earn victory when they are equal in number to the townspeople.

Days last for exactly forty-eight hours. As soon as a majority vote is reached in that time, the accused will be lynched immediately. If he is a townsperson, the sun immediately sets and Night begins. If he is a Mafia, the townspeople can continue to confer for the remainder of the forty-eight hours, and potentially kill another with a majority vote. There is no limit to the amount of lynching the townspeople can do within the forty-eight hours, provided that they successfully lynch Mafia each time.

Once Day is over, Night begins. At this point, Mafia are able to deliberate and tell me which one of the townspeople they want to kill. Night has a time limit of twenty-four hours. If the Mafia reach a unanimous decision in that time, the victim is killed and Day begins. If there is no unanimous decision, a victim with a majority vote will die. If there is no majority vote, no one will die. Any Mafia absent for two Nights will be killed.

In this game, I have allowed all forms of communication. Players may speak to one another over AIM or how they like, but those who speak to one another are advised by the subtitle of this game: don't trust anybody. People may lie - in fact, it is a brilliant strategy to do so.

Let me say now: in my private messages to players, I will use no distinctive and uniform language, so do not believe anyone who claims to replicate my words to prove they are the role that they say they are.

All that said, these are the possible roles of the game:

Townspeople: The default role. There are no special powers given to this role by nature. They play to survive and have one vote each Day and sleep during the Night.

Mafia: The enemy. They are disguised amongst townspeople and of an untold number. They have one public vote during the Day as townspeople and a private vote together at Night. They are told immediately who the other Mafia are.

Psychic: One person will have the townsperson role of Psychic. Every Night, save a Night he is chosen by the Mafia to be killed, he may ask me privately the identity of one player and I will tell him. He will not find out if the person has a special role.

Psaros: A new role, which will go to one or even more townspeople. The person playing this role will be told that he is a Psychic and will have the ability to ask me a player's identity each Night, but every answer I give him will be a lie.

City Protector: Every Night, this townsperson may tell me one player he wishes to protect. If that player is targeted by any attack, he will be immune to it and survive. The City Protector may not protect himself, nor the same person on consecutive Nights.

Beloved: This role may go to either a townsperson or a Mafia. If and when this player is executed by the town, the person who cast the deciding vote will be so overcome with grief that he will kill himself as well. No penalty will come to the Mafia if they kill him during the Night.

Blackmailer: Every Night, this townsperson chooses one player and chooses who they will vote for the next Day (he must choose the target during the Night, not during the Day). That player will be contacted and told he has been blackmailed and who to vote for. If he does not comply with the voting decision or reveals publicly that he is being blackmailed, his identity will be revealed.

Gambler: This is a townsperson. Every Night, he may contact me and guess who he thinks the Mafia will kill. If he is correct (and only if the person dies, not just if that person is targeted), the following Day he gains any one of four benefits, chosen randomly: protection from death for a Day and a Night, the ability to ask me one player's identity the following Night, the ability to kill one player of his choice that Day, or the ability to resurrect one player from the dead. If he is wrong three times however, he will be killed.

Commuter: A townsperson who is often out of town. If any Night he is targeted by Mafia or anything else, I will flip a coin. If it's tails, he is out of town and immune to the attack.

Lovers: These two characters are lovers, and if one dies, the other has one free kill that he must take the following Day. If he hits a Mafia, he survives, but if it's a townsperson, he will also kill himself out of grief.

Heir: The Heir begins as a normal townsperson, but will receive the special role of the X person to die, if he had one, where X is a random number to be decided when giving roles but will not be told to the Heir.

Special Touch: This townsperson may select one person each Night and assign him one power of the following: protection that Day (applying to a potential Mafia kill the previous Night, which the Mafia will not be notified of), one kill that Day, one resurrection that Day. The person with Special Touch may not target himself, nor may he target the same person twice in a row, nor may he ever give the same person the same power.

Poisoner: This townsperson may place poison on himself any Night he chooses to do so. If he is targeted by Mafia that Night or the town that Day, the first person to target him (whether or not anyone else does) will die. If no one targets him, he will die.

Bomber: Every Night, the townsperson with this role may choose to plant a bomb on any player or not, not knowing their identity. If at any time all living players of either team have bombs on them, the bombs will go off and that team will lose. The Bomber automatically has a bomb on himself at all times.

Evil Soul: This is a townsperson, but if targeted by the Psychic, he will read as Mafia. He will still read as Mafia to Psaros as well. He's just so evil.

Vigilante Major / Vigilante Minor: At the start of the game, the townsperson who is Vigilante Major has three bullets he may use to kill any person during the Night. If he hits a Mafia, he gains one more bullet. When the Major dies, all bullets he had goes to the Minor, who assumes his power the following Night. The Minor will not receive any more bullets, even if he kills a Mafia.

NOTE THAT THESE ARE ONLY THE POSSIBLE ROLES. SOME MAY NOT BE USED, IN FACT.

To sign-up, post to indicate that you are playing.

Last edited by Jason on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:59 pm; edited 9 times in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:06 am)

Post     Re: MAFIA II: Don't Trust Anybody

June 1, 2008.

Welcome to Pizza Paradise.

Signed:
1. Triple Life is... Trip Carlton, a twenty-three year old undergraduate at Pizza Paradise University. Being intelligent, soft-spoken and with a bright future, he is black in name only. This preppy youth is working on a prestigious degree and has made it no secret that he intends to throw his hat into the ring for the vacated Mayorship.

2. Magic Juan is... Magical Juan, a thirty-two year old enigmatic character, this Hispanic man came to town recently and has yet to find work or a home. Spending each night in the alleyways near town square, during the day he approaches the children of Pizza Paradise, testing them with little math questions and word problems.

3. Mike Payne is... Richard Payne, is the seventeen year old illegitimate son of Michael Payne II and a Taiwanese prostitute. His mother is allegedly the cause of Michael II's failing health. Although he had no access to the Payne fortunes as a child, Dick decided to leave his foster parents and move to Pizza Paradise upon learning that the half-brothers whom he never met had been killed.

4. Pizzarino is... Maverick Soulliano, a twenty-eight year old police officer. One of the few surviving officers of the Mafia attack last year has made him incredibly anal and by-the-book. He reports even his colleagues for minor infractions and accepts nothing less than perfect abiding to the law by all citizens of Pizza Paradise. Although none want him as chief of police, he cannot be denied the role much longer.

5. Space Ghost is... Jordan Fitzgerald, an eighteen year old senior in high school. He has a basketball scholarship to Pizza Paradise University, and is in peak physical shape. A top pick by all scouters for the national college league, he is a pride of Pizza Paradise, a shining beacon of light for the city's public image after 2007's murders. He knows this, and makes no effort to remain humble.

6. John Buis is... Johnny Boy Buis, twenty-five years old, he is mentally retarded and lives with his parents. He works at the shipping docks at Dead Nigger Gulch, and often gets taunted by the hoodlums of the area. He tries to stay in good spirits but has been known to fly into a retard rage and has had to be brought down to the police offices a number of times, to the shame of his aging parents.

7. My Head Hurts is... Brett Carlyle, a twenty year old star athlete at Pizza Paradise University, he is kind of nerdy but also very sweet and a great basketball player. Having been in the most recent relationship with Morgan Danglenut, he took her death very hard and tried to slit his wrists. But he is out of the hospital now, and in therapy, and ready to play some b-ball!

8. Derek Payne is... Michael Payne II, the sixty year old bedstricken patriarch of the Payne estate. He is nursed by his wife, Victoria Payne, and in contact with the city by an elegant ivory phone brought to him by his servants. His ill-spirits of late have mystified many, and the murder of his sons has only made him fall ever weaker. That is, if he even noticed.

9. SuperPsaturn is... Percy Saturn, the twenty-four year old survivor. Revered by the town as one of the two men who finally stopped the Mafia terrorists last year, Saturn briefly took to fame, using it to actually have sex for the first time. Soon, though, his grief over the loss of his best friend Derek became too great, and he faded into isolation. Currently, he spends hours each day in his personal gym, and has actually gotten himself into rather good shape.

10. Seika is... Nicholas Aries, twenty years old. He is an emo musician, who dropped out of school last year and passes his nights singing in coffee shops in the area, moaning about the girls who never loved him. He's talking to some people on the Internet about starting a band, but so far no one has come through.

11. Peter Jones is... Solation (as in I, Solation), a mysterious twenty-six year old man who bought "Mad" Hector Dorrin's house at the police auction for an extraordinarily high sum, allowing no competition. A shadowy graduate of Pizza Paradise University's Computer Science program, word around town is that he spends all day, every day continuing Dorrin's research into artificial intelligence, independently financed, and never seeing the light of day.

12. The Vinny Mac is... Penno Voce, a thirty year old small, vocal man. He runs both Pizza Paradise's coffee shop, Melted Cheese, and its free love night club, Bubbling Hot (also secretly referred to as Thick Crust by Pizza Paradise's gay population). Operating one by day and the other by night gives him little time to sleep, but he manages. He has earned some public ire for what some consider insensitive remarks on the victims of last year's terror wave.

13. Clotho is... Justin Clotho the Shadow, the other survivor. Now twenty-one, he never took well to the media attention of being the man who technically murdered Matt Hall. Clotho lives a solitary life, though he and Percy Saturn remain close. He has been undergoing speech therapy, but it is very frustrating with a portion of your tongue missing.

14. Theldorrin is... Terrence Daniels, a twenty-nine year old private detective. He came to Pizza Paradise one month after the murders, seeing a business opportunity with the police force in shambles. He does well for himself and has become a trusted face in the community, but he does yearn for the chance to solve a mystery like the one that hit the town in 2007.

15. Yogurtman is... Hal Lanners, Brian Lanners' twenty-three year old younger brother. Their parents dead, Hal was the only person who was able to identify the bodies after the fire. He inherited the land where the house stood and has recently finished building a new home for himself there. He would have been best man at the wedding. He's currently just made it onto the police force, despite a lack of formal training, much to the chagrin of Maverick Soulliano.

16. Rice is... Zhou Shi-Shin, the forty-eight year old disgraced father of Zhou Win Chi. While at first he called for the blood of Derek Payne and Percy Saturn for killing his child, when Saturn was one of the two men who saved the town, Shi-Shin softened and began to more actively participate in town affairs, in the hopes of restoring honor to the Zhou name. He currently runs an after-school Go camp for youngsters, in Win Chi's memory.

17. Mautty is... Miguel Sanchez Mauttie, thirty-two, the brother of "Thick Spic" Carlos Mauttie, the first man in Pizza Paradise killed by terrorists. Mauttie was at the time in prison for peddling drugs when his brother was killed, but since his release he has been out for vengeance. The mustachioed Hispanic may find it. With Muhammad Ali-Jazeera's death, Mauttie owns the biggest gun shop in town, and deals under the table.

18. MADali is... Najeed Obama, a twenty year old foreign exchange student. He speaks English well, and chose Pizza Paradise as his place of study due to his interest in the killings. While not fully accepted by the town at large, he does well and keeps to himself. He lives with the Carlyles, and is friends with Brett, though not often in public, as Brett has enough social trouble as it is.

19. Clay Easton is... Clay Weston, the sixty-five year old ex-retired chief of police. He rejoined the force after Brian Lanners' death, having retired in 2001. He runs Pizza Paradise's scant police force well, with a nice mixture of by the book, old school discipline and kindly old man charm. He is often at odds with the strict Maverick Soulliano, who clearly wants his job, but Weston tolerates him, as he does his job well, and Weston really would love to retire once more safely and spend the rest of his life with his beloved wife.

20. Ace Kendo is... Josh Hank, a twenty-eight year old English professor at Pizza Paradise University. With two published novels, he is a minor celebrity in town, having missed last year's murders as he was out on a book tour. While he can be somewhat smug compared to the rest of Pizza Paradise's wholesome stock, he means well and participates in town affairs. Although he was mostly joking, he has once or twice thrown out the words "Mayor Josh Hank" to his students.

21. Servbot is... Caprician "Cappy" LeBron, a twenty-two year old senior at Pizza Paradise University. While he was once a decent student and respected on the basketball court, he has recently fallen into drugs and been kicked out of his home. Some doubt he'll even graduate, as reports have begun to trickle in of muggings perpetrated by someone fitting his description. Cappy can occasionally scrounge up the money to stay at the motel every so often, but where is on the other nights is anyone's guess.

22. Morgan is... Eve Danglenut, thirty-eight, Morgan's mother. While Eve used to keep gently to herself and live off of welfare, unemployment and alimony, her daughter's death has sent her spiraling downward, and her home is now an urban legend of vomit, trash and cat shit. The whines of mangy, ratty cats can be heard for yards on all sides of her home, and it's said that Eve herself lives only off of vodka and catnip.

23. Spamdini is... Roger K. Goodman, forty-two years old with an all-American smile. Roger is in Pizza Paradise for one purpose, and that is to become Mayor. While he has spent his life in quaint Pizza Pavilion, an all-white, rich, conservative town, when the Mayorship of Pizza Paradise was vacated, he quickly traced his lineage to a relative who lived in Pizza Paradise in the nineteenth century and made himself seen at all local sports games. The elections are rumored to have a date set very soon, and Roger is ready and waiting.

24. Meems is... Francis Betty, a nineteen year old freshman at Pizza Paradise University. Betty is a simple girl, who has generally stayed out of trouble her whole life. She resents her parents for keeping last year's killings a secret from her and now lives solely with the motivation to assert her independence and free will. While she worries about the possibility of another wave of murders, part of her imagines it with great, terrible excitement.

Last edited by Jason on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 am; edited 9 times in total
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:11 am)

I will play and I want to be the serial killer so bad.
Magic Juan
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:12 am)

I'm in.
Jason
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:14 am)

I removed the Serial Killer since he's just too overpowered.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:16 am)

Whatever, fag.
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 am)

Post     Re: MAFIA II: Don't Trust Anyone

Triple Life, I liked your Hinata PP!

Anyway, I'll play!
Captain PUNisher
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:28 am)

I'm playing.
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:30 am)

Mike, it was getting such negative reviews!
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:32 am)

I think Seru said it sucked.

And that was about it.
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:07 am)

ill play
My Head Hurts 90
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:21 am)

I'm in.
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:31 am)

I'll play.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:22 am)

I'm in too.
Seika
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 am)

I'm in.

Blackmailer is pretty good, but some of the new roles (Psaros) add too much of a random element to an already random game.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:07 am)

It did suck.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 am)

The special roles sound cool but I don't think all of them should be used in a single game (I read the part that said they may not be but I'm just WEIGHING IN (hoho) with my opinion.) If there is a BELOVED role that causes the deciding voter to commit suicide I don't think there should be a LOVERS role as well. Also the EVIL SOUL role seems really unfair to whoever recieves it as it has no benefit like all the other abilities do.

If we're going to use a vigilante then I think at the very least it should only be one person with noone to pass the role off to when and if that person dies. Poisoner sounds like an overpowered role as well but at least it has the balance of killing the user should they not be targeted.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:54 am)

A) I didn't understand the Heir's powers.

B) The Psaros is about as powerful as the Psychic, and in fact based on how they respond to the Evil Soul, the Psaros is actually better. Have you ever read one of those logic puzzles where some people lie, some people tell the truth, and some people alternate but you don't know which is which? You should alternate for the Psaros. And I guess if you do that, just make the Psaros too stupid to notice the Evil Soul's evil soul, and treat it normally, because otherwise it's too complicated.

I'm going to play this game.
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:22 am)

poisoner is overpowered if you know they will be coming after you but other than that it is still a chance and will make people think before ganging up on someone. It isnt that bad and might make people throw caution before deciding to attack someone.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:40 am)

I'm in.

Of course, there's too many roles like others have said, but the only one I have a big problem with is the one that can RESURRECT. The EMOTION of the death is taken away if they can be bought back with the dragon balls.

There should probably be 5 special townspeople roles maximum. Do we get to even know which roles are being used before the game starts? If not, that'll be quite the clusterfuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 1 of 65

Jump to: