FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying carpets, camels, and terrorism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133, 134  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 pm)

Post     Re: Flying carpets, camels, and terrorism

The problem with Simpsons being in an eternal present is any reference to the past. I was always wondering how that was holding up since I stopped watching in like 2001, and apparently they've actually officially changed Homer and Marge's origin story.

That's kind of bullshit. Unless of course they made a hilarious, winking, self-referential joke about it!!!!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:02 pm)

I'm also going to pretend to have ceased paying attention to things years earlier than I actually had, and heretofore act as if I've only just come into the knowledge that you were championing The Simpsons as "just as good as it ever was" well into the mid-'00s and that you hadn't referenced this episode specifically at the time of its airing.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm)

Hasn't the Simpsons gotten better though, MADali? Like is it really as bad as it was in, like, 2006?

It would be cool if the show NEVER ended, like if Hank Azaria died of old age and the show just found somebody else to play his characters. What did they do about Mrs. Krabappel?
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm)

You'd better be talking to MADali, Jason.
Fagzilla
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 pm)

And by that I mean, it would be scary if I had known about and mentioned this episode at some point in the past, because if it actually came into my awareness before today I have literally zero memory of it.
Fagzilla
(Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm)

If I had stopped watching it in 2004, would that have any material effect on what I said?

Excuse me princess if I don't remember the exact year!
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:45 am)

Its more watchable than how it was years back, ALDP. Homer is a bit better than how he was back when all his scenes were him crying or something.

Whenever a character dies in Simpsons, they either actually kill the character or slowly remove him from the show. So, basically, if this continues, the Simpsons will just be a show about the remaining live voice actors.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:01 pm)

I am 100% certain you defended the show's quality as consistent circa 2004, and slightly less than 100% certain you mentioned that episode, but still certain!!!!!!!!
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:10 pm)

Man, imagine if marge or lisa died? I wonder if they'd just end the show or actually try to keep going with a replacement.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 am)

I just checked the ages of the voice actors. THey are all still relatively young (50s). Only Harry Shearer is 70.
ALDP
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 am)

Whoa, that's not young! He plays a lot of characters too.
Fagzilla
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:13 am)

First of all, JASON, I didn't say shit about the consistency of the Simpsons in this thread! MADali and I are two different people, HELLOOOOO! So I'm not exactly sure what you're "catching" me on.

Second of all, it was Ace that talked about the grunge episode, and while I replied in that thread (where, by the way, I was consistent about not having watched it in "like a decade"), I didn't know anything about the episode Ace was talking about except what he said about it, and I only paid just enough attention to Ace in order to go into a spiel about the difficulties of Simpsons continuity.

The only problem here is that I just repeated in this thread much of what I said in that thread four years ago, in eerily similar language, and that's depressing on an existential level that I don't care to go into now.
Roy
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 am)

I definitely remember you saying that The Simpsons is just as good as it ever was, because I CALLED YOU OUT on it. It was probably on an older board. So either you didn't stop watching for a decade, or you did, and threw down a blind claim that the show hadn't declined when everyone everywhere was saying it had, even though you hadn't actually watched it since 2000 (and even though there was no good reason to stop watching, since it hadn't declined in your opinion?). I think you later recanted after it was no longer possible to deny, and were mistaken about not watching it for about a decade in the linked thread, more like 5 years.
Fagzilla
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:10 am)

!!!***I HAVE MADE NO STATEMENTS OR CLAIMS IN THIS THREAD ABOUT THE CONSISTENCY OF THE SIMPSONS***!!!
MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:24 am)

Idiots.
MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 am)

The worst thing about The Simpsons is where they take a famous brand and change the letter, like Mapple instead of Apple. Why do they do that? Are they so scared of being scared? Family Guy and South Park has been pissing on everything for a decade now, and they never reword brand names, and nothing has happened to them.
MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:35 am)

Another thing I hate about Simpsons are how outdated they are. I wonder how old the writers are.

They still mock video games as if its the 90s. All their fake video games are either sidescrolling 2D games or 2d fighting games.

One of the episodes of this season was about pirating movies, an issue that was probably outdated even if it was done a decade ago. They even "parody" Pirate bay, which was started in 2003, eleven years ago! At least, its great that they didn't parody Napster or Kazaa.
MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:43 am)

So I wonder how old the writers for Season 25 are. I tried to google it, but I couldnt find their ages.
MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:50 am)

I wouldn't mind fucking this bitchy looking Simpsons writer

MADali
(Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:03 am)

The Simpons has 541 episodes, so 20 minutes an episode, thats 10,820 mins, which is 180.33 hours, which is just over a week.

Meaning, if I ever decided to marathon Simpsons, its going to take a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133, 134  Next
Page 132 of 134

Jump to: