FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faggy things from today's internet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 am)

Post     Faggy things from today's internet

This thread is for posting about all the things you hate about the state of the internet today and how OUR internet was way better than these new gen f kids's internet (the f stands for faggots or fairies or figgers)
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 am)

Post     Re: Faggy things from today's internet

Constantly updating my personal information for security requirment. Hotmail wants me to check if my phone number or second email is up to date by sending me a verification email or SMS. I keep telling it to remind me later. If any Russian hacker gets into my stupid spam filled hotmail account so they can send bitcoin spam to everyone, who cares, let them have it.
MADali
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:25 am)

Captchas. I miss being able to fill up a form without struggling to fill out more and more complicated captchas. Google's "click on the sign board!" captcha is like an antibiotic medicine. It is using my human skills to teach their AI to be more like humans meaning that their ability to replicate human behavior gets better, making future captchas even harder.

Also, I was on this site and the captcha was turning animal slowly until it was upright. It was like some gay flash game from the 00s.
MADali
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 am)

I fucking hate twitter and hate how it helped ruin the internet.

This example:
https://twitter.com/DanielTavana/status/960252532311371776

All this could have been a decent blog post instead of breaking it in bite sized hard to follow twitter updates. The death of twitter can't come fast enough.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 am)

Security is funny. The state of online security is clearly hilarious, as you can see from the nonstop firehose spray of security failures from companies that should know better. But if you really want to be secure, there are dudes who will tell you how, and their advice is more or less to abandon all hope of convenience and live as a weird tard whom everyone hates.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 am)

Captchas are probably going to get harder and harder until only teenagers can do them, and then nobody at all. I'm already surprised that new Google "just click the checkbox" thing works and hasn't been cracked. I more expect things to go in the other direction, with weird rotation problems like you mentioned and answering questions about a rendered scene. Probably the last one will be "click the tweets that contain sarcasm."

Keep in mind, there is no captcha that can't be beaten by offering something of low value, asking people to pass a test in order to get it, and then using that as the solution to the Google / Amazon / Equifax test that you wish to pass.

That's something Theldorrin would have said if he hadn't decided to be a literal pile of garbage instead. Live within me, Shuh, star of virtue!
MADali
(Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 am)

This blog seems to claim that they can hack google's captcha

http://rickyhan.com/jekyll/update/2017/11/10/bypassing-recaptcha.html

I wouldn't be surprised though. Doesn't seem to be that difficult to replicate humans by having the correct cookies, individual IPs, and mouse movement to copy human mouse movements (which can be learned by having the captcha on a fake site and just learning the movement).

Speaking of gay security, I really dislike how every shitty website wants me to have a super c0mP1ic@t3d p@$sw0rd(69+69). 99% of the accounts I have had in my lifetime are all worthless and don't care if its hacked, and I probably don't even remember if I even had them. Let me choose a shitty all small caps password so I don't forget it when I revisit the website 3 years later.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 pm)

The best is when
  • They don't say what the requirements are at all
  • They under-specify the requirements (what are "special characters"? Is space one?)
  • The requirements are NP-hard ("must contain two numbers, not adjacent; 4-8 letters, unless the length is 10 or above, in which case 8-12 letters; one unicode combining character; and a prime number of schwas")
  • The requirements, as enforced when setting your password, are less restrictive than the DIFFERENT requirements enforced when actually logging in.
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Sun May 06, 2018 2:14 am)

This new thing where all postings have to be archived by "46 seconds ago" "Yesterday" "3 months ago" "2 years ago". What's wrong with just putting the god damn date and time!
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat May 12, 2018 4:23 pm)

Yeah!!!

This is so confusing on YouTube, the way dates are rendered in video listings for all videos more than 12 months old.

Today is May 12th, 2018. If I come across a video that was uploaded on May 17th 2015 it will still be listed as "two years ago," because it won't technically have been three years until next week.

This method somehow ends up being both autistically strict and brutishly misrepresentative at the same time.

Hey Google engineers, with your creepy ass autocompletion sorcery, how about you apply your big dork brains to this problem?

It's May 2018. At this point, election night live coverage should not still be listed as having been streamed "1 year ago." It already looks stupid now, and it's going to look stupider and stupider until November!

At the very least, round that shit! Or adopt the conversational shorthand of simply subtracting [current year] from [referenced year].
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 pm)

If Youtube gave half a shit about communicating information with its UI then its URLs wouldn't be user hostile. Every news site manages to put the article title in the URL but Youtube can't be revealing that information without showing you ads.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sun May 13, 2018 5:30 pm)

And how about when a playlisted video gets deleted from YouTube, and it's left in the playlist, but with no identifying information (like a descriptive URL!) Hope you remember what the video was!

Only you won't, and not knowing will gnaw at you.

I'd rather just forget that the video was ever there than to be left with that maddening curiosity.
MADali
(Sat May 26, 2018 2:00 am)

pinterest for basically ruining google images
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm)

Ghost blocking on YouTube is infuriating. This is where your make a comment on a video, but it gets blocked, yet YouTube doesn't give you any indication that it was blocked because it still shows up for you. The only way to know is if you log out and try to find your comment. Outside of the obvious cause of the channel owner blocking you, it's often done for completely arbitrary/mysterious reasons. If you post a link, there's about a 25% chance that it will go through or be auto-filtered as spam.

I can understand if you want to deprive others of my hilarious/profound comment, but at least be up front about it!
Fagzilla
(Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:36 pm)

Ghost blocking is also a faggy thing from today's mainstream science!!!
Mike Dunn
(Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm)

Chris, what is your favorite ghost hunting television show? I like Ghost Adventures.
Fagzilla
(Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 pm)

Nowadays there is way too much deep, quality material on YouTube about paranormal topics to waste time watching any of the trash that the Old Media is peddling (which, as always, is just designed to sensationalize the paranormal and make it look silly).

*Pushes chin up at u*
Mike Dunn
(Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 am)

The main dude in Ghost Adventures is suh a dumb bro, I love it.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm)

The main dude is ... you?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm)

The main dude is ... you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: