FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veganism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm)

Post     Veganism

Is anybody here vegetarian or vegan? Have we talked about this here within the last half-decade?

Lexy is a skinny little vegan sissy now, and it's a pain in the ass and made me sad and I felt hurt, abandoned, and betrayed by her shift from the default "whatever" position to radicalization and ideology, but I'm getting used to that from the people in my life if you know what I mean, hehe.

Having said that, I can (now) definitely respect veganism and think that it's a strong position with multiple fallback redundancies. Whether you want to argue for it on the basis of health, suffering-abatement, ecological concerns, resource optimization, you name it, you can remove any one, or even multiple, support columns and the structure will still remain standing without a problem (unlike on 9/11 amirite?)

So which of you pussy-ass bacon haters is mocking God in this way and why? LOL, bacon!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 pm)

Post     Re: Veganism

It's so nice to see your principles collapse with the slightest exposure to opposing viewpoints from someone you can't compartmentalize as a stupid liberal on Facebook.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:02 pm)

Good job not returning, by the way!
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:33 pm)

Chris Psaros wrote:
I'm a gay little girl who loves cocks and I would rather have a mouthful of jizz than a mouthful of meat, and moreover I don't like eating meat.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 pm)

I'm pretty much a vegetarian. I ordered a pizza a few days ago and they accidentally gave me an extra meat one. I kept it in the refrigerator as a form of denial but I think I'll throw it out now.
Mike Dunn
(Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 pm)

I don't have a solid argument in favor of the meat industry. I pretty much completely agree with vegans that eating factory farmed meat is unethical. But I'm a weak addicted babby so I still eat meat anyway.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:18 am)

If animals didn't want to be eaten, they would stop being delicious.

Checkmate, vegans.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:57 am)

I still eat fish basically because if someone told me "hey, the guy who kills the fish is sick today, can you shove this live fish face first into a blender?" I'd be all "yeah, so to be clear you definitely don't want tail first?"
Jason
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:35 pm)

FTU used to make fun of me for being a vegan, even after I stopped being one. Good thing now everyone is a politically correct, thought policing SJW.

Eating meat is immoral.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:04 pm)

placeholder post
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:41 pm)

Welp, I don't imagine anyone will be contributing a stupider viewpoint than that, ever.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:41 pm)

That was my placeholder reply.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:13 pm)

Hey, how about that pedantic correction about "stupider" not being a word? Almost as bad as "electrocute"!

Rezist layngvej fashizzim.
Fagzilla
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:11 am)

Jason wrote:
It's so nice to see your principles collapse

lol, my "principles."

Even though I have been known to obnoxiously bang pots and pans about things around here, it was always with the awareness that my attitude on those things would evolve, or maybe even go in the opposite direction. I consider attitude-inconsistency over time to be a feature, not a bug, so pointing out that it happened isn't some kind of gotcha.

Jason wrote:
opposing viewpoints from someone you can't compartmentalize as a stupid liberal on Facebook.

I don't have an aversion to opposing viewpoints, or "liberals", I have an aversion to polarized and unyielding viewpoints, and echo-chambers.

Jason wrote:
Good job not returning, by the way!

When did I say that I wasn't going to return? I went away for a couple of years to train!

Mike Dunn wrote:
eating factory farmed meat is unethical

I agree that factory farming is suffering-intensive. You can humanely kill the shit out of animals in more reasonable farming environments though, and I try to mansplain that to Lexy, but she's not having it.

I was more surprised to learn how hardcore animal products can be on the human body, even in moderate amounts.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:50 am)

I get what you mean about it being theoretically possible to kill animals humanely but I don't think that any profit maximizing enterprise could ever achieve that under any system of ethics that would leave room to do the killing at all. How do you go "we care super hard about these animals so therefore we need to be really careful how we go about creating millions of them so they can die for us and make our cheese plates more interesting"?
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:59 am)

Even just the part where you create them, and wrench them out of the peaceful perfection of nonexistence into this world of cancer and diarrhea, is immoral.

I guess at least the billions and billions and billions of animal lives that are involved are nothing compared to the swelling tide of AI suffering that will soon overwhelm our species' collective moral ledger.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 am)

Beyond avoiding unnecessary suffering, applying morality to eating animals seems like a bottomless pit. Appeals to the natural order don't really work because we can and have come up with better ways to do or avoid the "natural" is so many circumstances, but meat is something we fucking desire to consume. Meat tastes good because our body wants those fuckin' nutrients. I know we can get most of the same nutrients from non-meat sources, but meat tastes better and I selfishly value that above animals. It's probably a shitty way to look at it, but fuck it.

Personally, when I eat meat, I try to eat all of it just so their deaths are slightly less pointless.
Fagzilla
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:28 am)

It's also useful to remember the gulf between the human mind and the mind of the animals that we eat. It's easy to accidentally anthropomorphize these dipshits.

Our horrible brains offer many more ways to suffer than that of a cow, who won't even react to a dead cow on the ground next to him, let alone understand that he'll eventually be dead too, or what "dead" even means.

The animals we eat don't have a care in the world. They can experience pain, and emotions, which should be considered (I guess), but that's about it. They don't have any concept of what it means to exist or not exist, or to experience any sort of apprehension or fear of non-existence. It's something to envy really.

And for that, they should be killed.
Utils
(Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 pm)

I was from 2012 to late 2016. I did it for health reasons, not moral reasons.

The simplest way to explain it is if during that time frame you offered me meat from an animal you hunted and killed yourself I would eat it without hesitation. On the other hand the thought of eating meat from the supermarket made me sick just to think about.

Why did I stop? It's complicated but sufficed to say there's no vegan option in the [SLEEPAWAY CAMP]. You eat what they serve you and there's no substitute for the meat they serve. They don't give veg options. I abstained from eating meat at [SLEEPAWAY CAMP] for as long as I could. But then very recently I had a critical PT test coming up and I felt like if I didn't eat meat my performance would suffer. so I did it.

I kinda never stopped. This was in June. Since then I've been giving less of a shit about my health/body. It's not good. I gained 15 pounds.

I need to watch Humans and shock myself out of this slump.

But yeah, never in that time did I demonize others for continuing to eat meat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: