FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual personal update thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:35 pm)

Post     Re: Annual personal update thread

owned
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:29 pm)

Married Since June 2009
Just refinanced my house to lower the payment by $200 bucks. It was just over a year so I lost equity but will make out in the long run.
This March I will have worked at the same company for 2 years.
I need to start studying for my CCNP so I do not have to pay 300+ to just pass the CCNA again.
I switched internally to be full time support. It is a stable time slot and because I am in debt I have been taking up holiday and weekend shifts.

I just bought an Intel NUC to build a home domain on. After I pay a round of bills I will buy 16gigs of RAM for it (8x2). I do Bing searches on 3 accounts because if I do my max points a day I earn a $5 Amazon card every 17 days. For 3 accounts that equals almost $30 a month for wasting time on the internet. I recently have taken some dance classes with my wife. We are doing Rumba and the Tango.

One cat died a while ago. My current animal status is
2 dogs, 4 cats, 1 tortoise, and 6 chickens (1 rooster and 5 hens.)

My current home lab is an
ASA 5505 (unlocked for Security+ license)
2504 WLC with 2x 1702i APs
synology ds214+ (only 1 bay used with a 2TB drive.)

If my work does another NFR I will get a WS-C3560CX-8PT-S. It would be about 400 bucks that would complete my small home lab.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 am)

WTF is a home lab? Do you use it for experiments?
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 am)

Technical experiments I guess. It is just technology in my bsement that I can simulate issues on that might pop up in customer environments. Or a way to familiarize myself with technology.

Right now I have an ASA 5505 (firewall) and Wireless controller. Through my work I can buy Cisco gear cheap every so often. I need about 400 bucks for a gig layer 3 switch with POE on it. It is not a big home lab but I can mess with transit vlans and routing a bit. With the ASA I can build VPN tunnels to other peoples houses.

I just bought the NUC and once I get some RAM in it I will install ESXI 5.5 then run some Server 2012 VM's on it. That will be my AD. Then I can setup 802.1x on my wireless network.
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:14 pm)

Where can I buy your book, Seru? I'll even go into that hipster shit Chapters if I have to.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:13 pm)

When it's published. That might take another year at this rate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: