FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism is Stupid (NO ALDPs ALLOWED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 am)

Post     Re: Feminism is Stupid (NO ALDPs ALLOWED)

case closed.
Mike Dunn
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:25 am)

I know Jason and ALDP have been screaming a lot in this thread, but I don't think I've commented up until yesterday.

My whole thing on this is, yes, I received a liberal arts education and now I consciously try to be less racist and sexist than I was when I was 17. I've made this decision based on shit that I've learned in class, but also because I've now physically met and made friends with people who aren't straight and white, and have heard first-hand stories of profiling and prejudice which gave me a broader perspective on the issues.

I think it is a huge problem to think that these issues don't exist, or are overplayed, or that they're a "card" that minorities or allies (LEL I MEAN SJWs AMIRITE?) play to gain sympathy, and I'm sure that ALDP and Jason do too, which is why they lose their shit when they see something like Vito equating Smokey the Bear advertisements to rape victim blaming.

It's all the more frustrating that not only do folks who eschew the concepts of privilege and oppression take such personal offense to those who do not. Look at any goddamn Reddit thread. SRS has been turned into a ridiculous boogieman when all they do is repost people saying racist shit. There are a shitload of people who actually seem to feel personally threatened by "SJWs", and any mention of feminism is met with rallying cries of "CALL IT EGALITARIANISM YOU PIECES OF SHIT". Dudes are getting butthurt by the mere mention of identity politics. "Triggers" have become a huge joke when PTSD is a very real issue for many people.

I just think it's all kind of insane. All I'm trying to do is go through my life without being a dickhead, and somehow that makes me an SJW radfem with explosive baby emotions.

And rape culture is totally real. Look at these fucking ads. I see this shit everywhere:
http://browneyedamazon.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/attachments.jpg
http://browneyedamazon.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/desktop.jpg
http://thecurvature.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pepsi.jpg
http://www.wgac.colostate.edu/Data/Sites/2/rsc-glamor-of-physical-violence.jpg

Ultimately, I get it if dudes don't want to be feminists or want to continue telling racist jokes like it's no big deal, and ultimately there are worse things that could happen, but I think it's fucking bullshit when these assholes try to flip the argument as if THEY are the ones being oppressed and their fucking "culture" is in jeopardy. Like, fuck off with that shit.

Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks literally come out of my anus when I fart.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am)

Quote:
It's all the more frustrating that not only do folks who eschew the concepts of privilege and oppression take such personal offense to those who do not. Look at any goddamn Reddit thread. SRS has been turned into a ridiculous boogieman when all they do is repost people saying racist shit. There are a shitload of people who actually seem to feel personally threatened by "SJWs", and any mention of feminism is met with rallying cries of "CALL IT EGALITARIANISM YOU PIECES OF SHIT".

Historically, when a long-standing cultural injustice is pressed or challenged, those who are "hurt" by the change (i.e. whites during desegregation) become reactionary and increasingly belligerent in their behaviors and beliefs. So, in the desegregation issue, for example, you got people like George Wallace who rose to power because they wanted to protect white privilege. Realistically, the white population was not actually threatened, but their perception of how things are (black people shouldn't be allowed to be treated like humans) were.

As far as I see, the vocal reactionary element on Reddit are a bunch of screaming children (Matthew Outlands) who have a false perception on how things should be. Assholes who can't differentiate between being funny and being hurtful. They feel threatened that their shitty opinions are being challenged, and that they feel somehow disempowered in that if were still the 1950s and women were in their place, they'd have a better life. They wouldn't. But it is easier to think so than it is to admit that you waste hours figuratively screaming through a keyboard at other strangers across the world.

Just like how pro-segregation people thought that they somehow would have a better life if black people weren't allowed to drink from the same water fountain as some white dude.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 pm)

Chris, the only reason you perceive the social justice posters to be the ones who are incapable of maintaining a dialogue or having a conversation or whatever (while, meanwhile, ol' even-keeled Vito's contribution to this thread is to snipe in his dumbass analogies, get called on them, cry LOL I TROLL U, and then engage just like everybody else) is because every single time this shit comes up the Chris Psaros Dance is exactly the same: popcorn eating GIFs, smarmy single sentence posts implying you're only here to watch the powder keg, and most importantly, that you're actually a moderate, level-headed guy who doesn't buy into the hyper-politicized atmosphere you're thrust into in this modern America of punditry and social media; you just want all the facts, no to buy into ideologies, etc. etc.

But, surprise surprise, nobody wants to engage you on this (not that you ever wish to be engaged like a normal human) because, when pushed, your opinions are never moderate, they're exactly what someone expects from a person who does not actually care about politics or the news or anybody else, he just doesn't like his liberal friends on Facebook using the wrong "your," so his actual opinions are indistinguishable from shithead privileged, libertarians like Vito and probably Matthew Outland. "Duh, feminism is everywhere, check the Internet. Duh, Trayvon Martin/Mike Brown/Troy Davis (who??) was no angel! Duh, good ol' Rush, no harm done teehehe."

It is so hyperbolic to say that, of anything you could say about me and Matt and whatever, that we immediately go to "if you disagree with us you are the most vile racist of our time, that you either know so, so fuck you, or that's exemplary of my point - we're just pointing out that your actual opinions are conservative and the fact that you cherish this misguided virtue of watching both sides argue from on high is why you deserve to suck a million dogs' dicks in Hell.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Dunn
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm)

Quote:
not a single person reading it has learned anything or changed an opinion in either direction

I did!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 pm)

Vito, we get it, your entire thought process on this subject consists of:

1. Nobody in this thread is admitting they're wrong and completely reversing their position so what's the point?????
2. I'm terrified of getting raped in prison! Women sure do have it easy in that department!!!!!!!!!

How the fuck were any of your posts in this thread trying to "step outside the subject," you dumb, stupid asshole?

Do you seriously think "I'm a straight white male and I don't want to have to think about feminism so much, it seems like it's everywhere these days!!" is a profound point?
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
kakarot52
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:16 pm)

Hank, cut the "I'm the fucking forum intellectual" shit. You were never considered as smart as Peter or Theldorrin (at least outside of literature blah blah),

you're not even as good at sarcasm, rhetoric or points as ALDP, nor are you good with citations (no one here is admittedly) as fucking MADALI or apparantly Mike Dunn. Fuck, I'm tempted to put fucking Psaros or Gimp Mask over you in that regard

Fuck you, Ace Kendo. Then again, I posted rhetorical bullshit and got it in return. I still make no apologies. I admitted my post empty, drivelling rhetoric. You probably thought your george wallace shit was anything besides.

Oh, and more thing; at least ALDP has read and likes feminist literature. There's no doubt that the rest of you guys unconsciously know better than to read shit like "the feminine mystique". Unless, Ace, you can tell me what your favorite masterpiece of feminist literature.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, you are an idiot if you don't realize that 99 percent of modern western feminism bullshit. In a way, you only need one percent to be right; but even that would apply more pre-70s or even pre-20s feminism to any of this internet shit.

I am not surprised to hear politically-correct crap from ALDP or Magic Juan; it's more Mike Dunn and Ace who are scaring me. Fuck, for the first time ever I'm glad I'm not from the northeast.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm)

Seriously I WISH I were being trolled. I thought this degree of pussyness in liberal societies only existed in stereotypes.

Or not; people in liberal priveaged socieites cannot be controlled by police-state tactics, thus they are distracted by horse-shit issues like PC feminism. It's the only way to control beasts like Ace Kendo.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm)

Apparently I touched a nerve.
kakarot52
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:27 pm)

Your apology for being a hoepeless homo as been accepted.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 pm)

I probably shouldn't have chosen 1950s as my example for how far back "men's rights" reactionaries want to push things. I will apologize for that, but it was a clear/known example to fall back on.

How women were treated in the 1950s is a well worn narrative, and one that we've all learned about in school, on television, etc., ad nauseam. It is a comfortable extreme. It is something that we know is wrong.

The problem is, that things still aren't perfect in society, that things are still balancing out, but we don't learn about this is school. We don't hear about it as a historical fact. Instead, it is something we currently live in. It is hard to distinguish and recognize and easy to poo-poo away, because it isn't a learned truth. And a lot of it is still so ingrained in our society, that it seems like an attack on society itself (which it is, thankfully). Things like Manic Pixie Dream Girls bullshit (ideal fantastical women). "Rape Culture." Fuck, it really can be scary to be a woman traveling alone in a big city---one of my good friends had to deal with some dude on the train who kept taking his dick out of his pants and rub it against women during rush hour on multiple occasions.

Outland, how about this. Tell me what you think things should be like. Explain to me what is right or wrong with how things are.
kakarot52
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 pm)

The world clearly needs feminism. I mean, look at Scandinavia; it is way more feminist than Saudi Arabia and this helps.

But seriously, this country is fucked; there just happens to be a total buttload of silver lining.

But ideally, the USA needs de-militarization, more rational drug policy. The reason why is this fits both the liberal and libertarian point of view; and is less of a red herring than bullshit discussions about feminism and pun control.

As stupid as libertarians are; they're actually right about 2/3 of the time.

It also needs a less passive and more actively sensible and dissenting populace. And if we're gonna go statist; yes, environmental and health issues are more important than other shit americans cherish. It's not manly or cool to get in to this aspect, but it is if you're going to make statist arguments.

Oh shit, fuck this.
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:36 pm)

Quote:
as smart as Peter or Theldorrin

It's lonely at the top ...
ALDP
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 pm)

Chris, do you even realize how self-righteous you are? Do you think being a coward makes you less of an opinionated douchebag? Under zero pressure from the board, you made a thread about Trayvon Martin just so you could call him a nigger, because your poor precious Facebook feed was, waaah waaah, too liberal for you. It's nothing new to say, but you are worse than anybody at this board in every way. Vito literally challenged you to a dick-measuring contest in an attempt to demean you and he's still less of a pathetic cretin than you.
kakarot52
(Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:56 pm)

FAggy Faggy!
(Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 am)

Did this thread get Outland to break character?
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:57 am)

God damn man.

ALDP and Jason are some seriously, deeply miserable SOB's.

dis shit just sad!
Mike Dunn
(Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:12 am)

no u
ALDP
(Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm)

Chris is totally cool and unperturbed except when it comes to Something He Saw On Facebook. Chris is the guy who is deeply upset by something he saw on Facebook. He has to go scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER!!" at his message board Facebook surrogates because he's scared of offending the people on Facebook who make him so unbelievably upset.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:25 pm)

Chris is like those idiots that post "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" and think they are being jesus christ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: