FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism is Stupid (NO ALDPs ALLOWED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:20 pm)

Post     Re: Feminism is Stupid (NO ALDPs ALLOWED)

ALDP, I don't apprecite you making rhetorical and defensive arguments against patriarchal scoeity when we have a "patriarchy conquered" thread to make the most solid points to show how rooted in utter common sense feminism is.

But you are right that the backwardness of non feminist middle eastern societies speaks for itself.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 am)

Wait a minute!

Society doesn't talk about rape??

Am I using a different Internet?

Is your Internet NOT one where roughly 90% of the major online media outlets and social networks are either under the control of, or in the process of coming under the control of, feminists blasting out an endless, 24/7 torrent of gynocentrism (dispropportionately, pathologically focusing on rape and rape politics), and where any other side is only ever heard below the article in the comments sections?

Can I trade Internets with you please?
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:59 am)

ALDP is raping you guys Confused
ALDP
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 am)

I just checked CNN because I know that's Chris's gold standard for news. No gynocentrism or rape politics to report.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am)

Don't you get it, Matt? CNN is a multimedia news conglomerate and not a blog or your friend's Facebook activity feed, so it's hardly indicative of the true nature of the world.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 pm)

Adlp is on the ropes!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:43 pm)

Gimp Mask, what did you mean by "Savage drunken beasts, leave us alone"?
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:43 pm)

I've seen a rape nearly occur that I stopped, vicious rednecks boozing hard and manipulating or literally forcing themselves on to women;two of my gf's were raped,.... men are pretty crude.

There are dudes like maybe yourself or matt that may not be unreal beasts, but yeah, alcohol women and the den of monstets out there are ... bad.
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm)

I like that you know Florida is in a a class by itself, but utils, I am not a hick. We are mostly transplants. I'm a polite, intelligent guy, and while Florida is in a class by itself, my brother lives in NY. It's got some real shit but I would not flippant in my tongue espouse malignant stereotypes so easily.

Im stupid though.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:34 am)

I wrote a really long post, but when I clicked sent, I got, "
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. "

I had previous copied half of the text before, so I have that left. I wrote a lot on "victim blaming" and "different shades of rape", but fuck it, I think you get the idea.

---

To be able to control the discussion a bit more, I'll try to split them if possible.

1) Rape in the Media

a) Anti-rape Posters aimed at Rapists: Matt claims there are no anti-rape campaigns,

A cursory search through google easily proves this wrong.

This website has some posters aimed at men (helping out female friends). Their about me page says,
"Our public awareness materials have been distributed and sold across all 50 states and 20 foreign countries...
We’ve created materials for more than ten state and federal agencies; in 2009 we created posters, video PSA’s and training materials for the military through the Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office."

In regards to posters aimed at would be rapists, there is the "Don't be that guy" campaign.

In the posters in that link, you can see the message you were hoping groups would send out, which is to drunk people. The first text is, "Just because she is drinking, doesn't mean she wants sex"

b) Rape in popular culture

Split this into two different sections. Directly & indirectly condeming rape.

Indirectly goes back to my comparison of shows about solving murders. It doesn't need to make a clear, moral exploration. But the fact that the rapists (or murderers) are considered as "bad" people in the film that needs to be caught and punished, has an affect in the viewers mind that the action is negative. If the mystery was to catch the rapist (or murderer) to give them a cash prize or a medal, then it would mean something else. But when a person watches it, and sees the rapist as the bad guy in the show, this re-inforces the idea in people's minds that Rape is Bad.

Some examples, such as mentioning Family Guy's jokes about rapes, only re-inforces my point, because Family Guy's is supposed to be different from the norm. Family Guy goes against the status quo for its humor. So when we see it making fun of rape, we know its not repeating jokes that are representative of comedy in popular culture, but the opposite of it.

Rape is explored in all kinds of films and tv shows in all kinds of countries. A Turkish tv show "Fatmagül'ün Suçu Ne? (What is Fatmagül's fault?)" is dubbed into Farsi and is being currently aired. It is 80 episodes and is about how a young village girl is raped and her life is ruined because of that. According to wikipedia, apparently it is shown in various countries, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Arabic countries, european countries, etc.

Another example is the Iranian film, "I am a mother" released two years back in Iran became very popular and was about a girl who was raped by her father's best friend. The girl trusted him, they get drunk, and he rapes her.

These two examples are at the top of my head from "patriachal" socities, so I'm sure there are many, many more examples in western countries.

Here is a simple experiment I decided to do. I got a list of "best teenage show"

I then decided to see how much of the shows has anything about rape or sexual abuse.

My So-Called Life: There seems to have been a near rape incident in the pilot, "Rayanne is drunk as a skunk, gets hit on my some douchebags in the parking lot, nearly raped actually"

Friday Night Lights: "Tyra gets up to leave. The guy tells her to be careful, and I think the twist will be that she wrecks her car. But the guy follows her and shoves her in his truck and tries to rape her, and she fights back and stabs him with the cigarette lighter and slams his hand in the door. He drives off, and she's sobbing and picking up her things when Landry arrives. "

Gilmore Girls: No examples

Laguna Beach: Apparently, this is a reality show, so it should be excluded.

Pretty Little Liars: "Now, the way this episode of PLL was written, we are meant to sympathize with Hanna and cringe at the other Liars’ behavior. They’re victim-blaming her, but the show is not victim-blaming her. The show is doing the exact opposite thing. The show is saying, “Hold this girl in your heart because her friends are blaming her and she’s blaming herself for something that was absolutely no-question not her fault. It’s not her job to not get assaulted by a grown man. It’s his job to not assault her.” And obviously that’s correct and obviously the Liars are going to come around to Hanna’s side on this thing."

The O.C.: "Ryan Atwood finds out about Trey's attempted rape of Marissa Cooper, and confronts him. They fight, and Marissa arrives as Trey is in the process of strangling Ryan. She shoots Trey in the back, and it was unknown if he would live or die. "

Dawson's Creek: "the road where they manage to work out their differences, and they later save Audrey from an attempted date-rape"

Gossip Girl: "There are multiple rapes that occur in the “scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite” of Gossip Girl lore. In the pilot episode alone, there are two instances of rape."

One Tree Hill: Nothing

--

rest of the shit I wrote I lost, and I don't feel like writing it again now.
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 am)

I don't have much to offer except for rape being portrayed as an okay thing to do in a lot of Pokemon hentai doujins I've read.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 am)

There is a lot of rape fanfiction, and a lot of rape erotica is written by women. Why?
kakarot52
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:39 am)

Because rape is the number on female fantasy!

Everyone has deviant fantasies; but for the deviant fantasy to be the number ONE fantasy is the only sign of deviance IMO. Women are sexual deviants and think the patriarchy owes them something for it!!
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 pm)

I think the THEORY on rape fantasies is that they're less about rape and more about losing control, except in a safe, controlled situation of fantasy. Bitches don't actually want to be raped for real.
ALDP
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:26 pm)

It's funny that you quote text from the first page and not the second.

Typically, sexual assault awareness campaigns target potential victims/women by urging women to restrict their behaviour. We know through our work at Battered Women's Support Services and research confirms that women are, on a daily basis, taking remarkable steps to prevent victimization, and that targeting the behaviour of victims is not only ineffective, but also contributes to how much they, the offender and the larger public (including law enforcement and justice system) blame women after the assault. Here's more information about Sexual Assault - Rape. The behaviour of men, including the sense of entitlement in regards to sex and access to women's bodies is what is being challenged through this campaign. Don't Be That Guy is urging men to end rape.

Since you need it spelled out for you, yes, it is factually incorrect to say that literally nobody is telling men not to be rapists. It IS correct to say that a far more common message is telling women not to get raped. In the horrible example that you think shouldn't be controversial, a woman is screaming and holding her crotch while the text gives a non sequitur about 33% of reported rapes happening when the victim has been drinking. Not even being drunk, just drinking. What a useful tidbit! And the imagery is so helpful too. If women stopped drinking, the number of reported rapes would drop by a third!

Quote:
Indirectly goes back to my comparison of shows about solving murders. It doesn't need to make a clear, moral exploration. But the fact that the rapists (or murderers) are considered as "bad" people in the film that needs to be caught and punished, has an affect in the viewers mind that the action is negative.

If the moral isn't the point of the story then it isn't reinforcing anything. It's there for appearances and does not disprove anything I've said. For somebody who rails against Western decadence, you sure believe in the moral soundness of our media. You can give examples of movies that are about rape survivors in the real world, but they're a drop in the ocean compared to movies and TV shows where rape is just an amoral way to ratchet up the intensity of the plot. Your list of teen shows featuring sexual assault is meaningless.

As for Family Guy being unique in featuring rape jokes, let's all appreciate cursory Google searches some more.
ALDP
(Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:35 pm)

Vito, you've written more in this thread about your actual stupid beliefs than anyone has written countering them, so stop being Chris and acting like "just trollin" gives you an out from the heinously stupid things you say. Just shut the fuck up, you slimy idiot.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:27 am)

Two Broke Girls is pure garbage.
MADali
(Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:27 am)

Quote:
It's funny that you quote text from the first page and not the second.

How is that funny? the reason I did it was to give it a clear focus, because if we just go on quoting each other, the debate will be choatic.

Quote:
Since you need it spelled out for you, yes, it is factually incorrect to say that literally nobody is telling men not to be rapists.

that's what you initially said. You initially said, "but there aren't any messages telling men not to be rapists". When I literally proved that wrong, you shrug it off.

"It IS correct to say that a far more common message is telling women not to get raped. "

Here you are changing the goal posts. First it was "there aren't[b] any messages[/b]", now its "far more common".

Which is a bit more difficult to dispute.

But if yo were looking at this situation fairly and with an open mind, you woudl also see that statement is most likely also wrong.

I have the example of rape in the tv shows. Most, if not all, didn't have victim blaming. How many fo the tv show examples pointed out the women of being at fault and that she could have prevented rape?

But that is, obviously, not a precise science.

There is another way you can test it. Why not google image search rape posters, and then compare the campaigns?

Okay, let's try this out.

There are two comparisons we need to make. See how many posters fall in "tell men not to get raped", and "telling women not to get raped". Posters should be a legitimate campiagn, so we exclude any crappy joke posters or other random website images.

So, (1) as represented by manly blue will be "MEN, DON'T RAPE" and (2) will be "WOMEN, DON'T GET RAPED" and will be shown as pink.

First page image results for "rape posters"

So, lets see, thats 9 for "men don't rape" and 1 for "women don't get raped".

That should prove your statement incorrect.

Interestly, check that ONE image for "women don't get raped". It links to a BBC article that says, "West Mercia police has apologised for a poster campaign which an anti-rape charity called "inappropriate."

Which just proves my point furthur. If the "women don't get raped" messages were far more common and it was the status quo, then it wouldn't cause controversy.

That is also why the first poster I mentioned cause such controversy. Controversy over posters or campaigns doesn't suddenly pop up when everyone has been doing it all the time.

You can also continue the google search experiment. Do a google image search for "rape awareness posters".

Results, all, or almost all depending on how you interpret it, is aimed at rapists. Go on, google it. Then google 'stop rape", "against rape", "say no to rape", "anti rape posters", and its almost exclusively aimed at telling people not to rape.

The lone exceptions usually cause controversy, because of how against the norm it is.

----

I'd like to talk about victim blaming and the role of media too as indirectly affecting people, but lets see if we can get through this first.
ALDP
(Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 pm)

Nobody said there was a hidden meaning, your posts explicitly out you as a scumbag.
Jason
(Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:42 pm)

Hey, shithead Vito, I haven't made a long post in this thread either. Keeping your opinions on a subject brief and pithy doesn't compensate for them being idiotic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: