FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREATEST GENERALS OF ALL TIME
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm)

Post     GREATEST GENERALS OF ALL TIME

1. Alexander the Great
2. Tamerlane
3. Prince Dorgon
4. Belisaurius
5. Frederick the Great
6. Julius Caesar
7. Genghis Khan
8. Hannibal Barca
9. Napoleon
10. Bernard Montgomery for turning the tide in WW2 at El-Amein

I think these are the greatest generals of all time (except for the Spanish Conquistadors such as Francis Pizarro).

Honorable mentions are Scipio, Robert Clive, and Suvorov.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid

Last edited by kakarot52 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:37 pm)

Post     Re: GREATEST GENERALS OF ALL TIME

general lee, bitch
kakarot52
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 pm)

no american general remotely merits consideration for the top 10 greatest generals in history
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm)

Get STUFFED!
ALDP
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:37 pm)

alexander the geek
tamerlame
prince dorkon
balishit
fuck
julius gaysar
gaynghis khan
hannibal gay
crapoleon
retard montgaymery
ALDP
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm)

Only two of those generals even knew what guns were
kakarot52
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 pm)

Napoleon is such an overrated loser.

"durr I beat 2 to one odds at Austerlitz!"

Yeah well Robert Clive beat 25 to 1 odds at Plassey, Pizarro took over an entire empire with 200 men, and Frederick took 8 to one odds at Rossenbach.
(Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm)

Pizarro fighting an army of tens of thousands with 200 men and utterly routing them WHILE SUFFERING NO LOSSES might be the most insane historical event of all time.

Also, you are trolling me hard with that Bernard Montgomery shit. Jesus.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:23 am)

I'm more stunned that you're not upset with the omission of Patton.

There was a time when that might have been a bannable offense.
Fagzilla
(Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:24 am)

Oh, maybe that's what you were implying...
kakarot52
(Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm)

So next would be:

11. Pizarro
12. That Arab guy I just linked
13. Robert Clive
14. Suvorov
15. Duke of Wellington
16. Duke of Marlborough
17. Oliver Cromwell
18. King Kamehameha
19. Hernan Cortez
20. Scipio Africanus

Another honorable mention would be Chiang-Kai-Shek

Last edited by kakarot52 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:26 pm)

Colin Powell
kakarot52
(Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am)

Yeah, I was thinking whether or not to base generals on odds overcome; yet it's generally counterintuitive to say that the Conquistadors or Robert Clive were the best generals of all time. Ditto for people who overcame great odds but with a great fortress.

reliable Victories aren't a measure; I wouldn't consider Wellington or Marlborough the greatest ever.

I used to think conquest was an overrated measure; but, now I do not. Subduing the enemy is the goal after all; so Genghis Khan is therefor not overrated by much.

Gosh. Also ALDP; at least 3 of those generals knew of rifles and firearms (a gun is a penis not a weapon)
(Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:00 pm)

Major General Hobart Gay
Fagzilla
(Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:02 pm)

Hobart R. Gay

Hahaha!
Fagzilla
(Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:34 pm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Butt
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 pm)

I have a picture of Major Payne fucking Major Butt in the ass with a caption that reads "Chris Psaros."
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm)

Holy shit, there is an amazing argument on Archibald Butt's article about whether he was gay or not:

A wide range of reasons were given why Butt never seemed interested in women. Chief among these was that Butt loved his own mother so much that there was little room for anyone else. Even Taft thought this explanation was true.[59] At the time of Butt's death, rumors swirled that he was about to lose his lifelong bachelor status. News accounts said he had a teenage mistress who either was carrying their unborn child or who had already given birth to a baby, or that Butt was engaged to a Colorado woman. None of these rumors were true.[60][61]

Some speculation exists that Butt was a homosexual. Historian Carl Sferrazza Anthony has written that Taft's explanation only "vaguely addressed" the real reason Butt failed to marry.[60] Davenport-Hines, however, believes Butt and Millet were gay lovers. He wrote in 2012:[23]

The enduring partnership of Butt and Millet was an early case of "Don't ask, don't tell." Washington insiders tried not to focus too closely on the men's relationship, but they recognized their mutual affection. And they were together in death as in life.

Historian James Gifford tentatively agrees. He points out that there is clear documentary evidence that Millet had at least one homosexual affair previously in his life (with the American writer Charles Warren Stoddard).[62] But any conclusion, Gifford says, must remain tentative:[63]

Of course there is no conclusive evidence that Archibald Butt was gay, and I find it highly unlikely, given Archie's careful self-image control, that he ever committed to paper any overt thoughts of such a nature. He was too canny an individual for that, too conscious of the risk in military and political ranks, where such an idea would have put a quick end to any hopes of advancement. So I can only suggest that my research results in an "impression" that he was homosexual.

Titanic historian Hugh Brewster confirms that Butts' roommate and companion Frank Millet was indeed homosexual, revealing a cache of explicit love letters, dating from 1874, from Millet to San Francisco poet and writer Charles Warren Stoddard. ( "Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage" ( Crown, 2012), pp 48).

Throughout his adult life Archie shared his quarters with different people. At the time he had Frank Millet as a housemate he also had as many as three additional people sharing his quarters. This was a common practice to cut down expenses. In addition, not only had Frank Millet's affair with Stoddard ended many years before he met Archie, he had also married and fathered four children. He was very devoted to his wife Lilly and roomed with Archie when he needed to be in Washington where he had a studio.

The political climate of the day makes the "don't ask, don't tell" argument immaterial. Any perceived lapse of moral judgement on the part of Archie, whether it were real or simply suspected, would have resulted in a major scandal. Even if a homosexual relationship were ignored by the elite of society, it would have been a major political weapon. Archie lived in a Goldfish bowl and could not have escaped detection.

There are as many reasons to declare that Archie was not Gay as there are to suspect that he was.
Fagzilla
(Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 pm)

You WISH there was an argument about whether you're gay or not!
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:56 pm)

Duke Wellington Austin and femnazis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: