FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics

What are your feewings on guns?
Outlaw virtually all of them
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
FUCK YOU, DEY NEVER TERK MER GRRRRNS. I... KPN... M...GR! (keep things as they are)
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Outlaw outrageous shit that nobody needs like assault rifles
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Allow people to have, like, one specific kind of gun. That should be fine.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I don't care and I'm not going to vote in this poll
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 pm)

Post     Re: Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)

Matt shouldn't have kicked you and I apologize on his behalf, Vito.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:59 pm)

That's cute, Jason.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:00 pm)

I'm sorry you were such an incompetent op that your stranglehold on the chat couldn't continue.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm)

NYT: Supreme Court Gun Ruling Doesn’t Block Proposed Controls

Despite the sweeping language of a 2008 Supreme Court decision that struck down parts of the District of Columbia’s strict gun-control law, the decision appears perfectly consistent with many of the policy options being discussed after the shootings in Newtown, Conn.

Just kidding, Vito. wikipedia.com/laffer curve
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm)

Legal experts say the decision in the case, District of Columbia v. Heller, has been of mainly symbolic importance so far. There have been more than 500 challenges to gun laws and gun prosecutions since Heller was decided, and vanishingly few of them have succeeded.

I don't know why you're so attached to this gun control vs. mental health strawman, Vito. Does it just grieve you tremendously to ever diverge from Ron Paul's platform?
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm)

That is not an accurate narrative of how the current op status of the chat came to be.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 pm)

You must be the first imbecile who thought he was being completely reasonable.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:08 pm)

What they're saying, as with what ANTONIN MOTHERFUCKING SCALIA said when he wrote the MAJORITY OPINION, is that DC v. Heller does not prevent future gun control legislation. It supports the self-defense argument for gun ownership, it says Washington D.C. can't pass a law against individuals keeping a handgun in their own home. Hey Vito have you ever read wikipedia.laffercurve/laffer cuver? I think it addresses a lot of the topics you bring up.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm)

I have my own reasonable opinions I've based on shit that I actually see and that actually happens, not ghosts and something I heard George Carlin say that one time.

You have a bottomless supply of retarded personal anecdotes which your putrid mind somehow identifies as parables about the libertarian governing forces of the universe.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:15 pm)

“Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill,” Justice Scalia wrote. Government buildings in general could still ban guns. And the court said it had no quarrel with “laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

Justice Scalia added that laws banning “dangerous and unusual weapons” are “another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms.” He gave an example: “M-16 rifles and the like.”

When the case was argued in 2008, Justice Scalia suggested that other kinds of weapons and ammunition could be regulated. “I don’t know that a lot of people have machine guns or armor-piercing bullets,” he said. “I think that’s quite unusual.”
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:17 pm)

A-a-aldp, you don't have to be s-so b-b-belligerent and h-h-harsh.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 pm)

It's weird, to feel a sort of kinship with Vito right now.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm)

Vito, you are the one saying that gun control and mental health services are two opposing forces. You are the one who is convinced that it has to be one or the other, in your pitiful attempt to seem like you understand the nature of political expediency better than I do. Yep, addressing mental health is certainly "low hanging fruit" in America, where healthcare is just a given and nobody ever gets voted out of office f- *stops typing and just starts spraying shit out of his mouth and nose and fingertips*

I think you should really check out wikipedia.com/laffercurve for STARTERS, Vito. Your education about gun control should begin there.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm)

Also all the quotes are from the New York Times article that I linked. I don't need to google "supreme court gun control" to tell you how stupid you are.

Your argument is that gun control is hard so we should do something easy like completely overhauling the nation's attitudes toward mental illness. All you can do is repeat that over and over again because you have absolutely nothing to say but you need to affirm that you're still an ignorant libertarian piece of shit.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm)

Usually when I say something stupid and ALDP leaps onto the table and smashes a beer bottle on the table and flips the table over, I can generally at least say "yeah, I guess I can see how I deserved this, at least in part" but this is excessive.
FancyMichael
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm)

Photobucket
Jason
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 pm)

I've already linked tweets from that account in the chat, you fucking doofus.
FancyMichael
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm)

No ...
=(
Jason
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm)

And everybody laughed and loved them and congratulated me on finding something so funny and original.
ALDP
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 pm)

The first thing I said in this thread after Chris bumped it was "America needs more gun control and mental health services."

You don't need to "completely overhaul the nation's attitude on gun control" because a majority of Americans support most of the gun control measures being discussed. Yes, it is true that "gun control" is a term with a lot of baggage in American political discourse. If you ask a group of Americans if they're "in favor of gun control" they will respond far more negatively than if you ask them about particular components of gun control. If you ask old people what they think about entitlement reform, they will shout "Keep your government hands off my Social Security!" You, like many Americans, do not understand the debates you lumber into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: