FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics

What are your feewings on guns?
Outlaw virtually all of them
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
FUCK YOU, DEY NEVER TERK MER GRRRRNS. I... KPN... M...GR! (keep things as they are)
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Outlaw outrageous shit that nobody needs like assault rifles
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Allow people to have, like, one specific kind of gun. That should be fine.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I don't care and I'm not going to vote in this poll
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author           Message
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm)

Post     Re: Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)

Quote:
ranchers owning a firearm

If farmers don't have shotguns, the planet is doomed.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:27 pm)

It always bothered me that the generally accepted parlance for the DBZ farmer is "farmer with shotgun."

A lever-action shotgun, that shoots bullets??

Toriyama-sensei is spinning in his grave!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 pm)

It shoots peas.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm)

Guns are the complete opposite of pot, in that nobody under 40 is willing to tolerate their existence, yet they won't stop being legal.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm)

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to collect enough firepower to take on the government anymore. No gun in the world will save you from missiles and stealth bombers and shit like that. But I don't think gun ownership is inherently wrong because how else are we going to stop the police?
Theldorrin
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am)

Remember when the police went around talking about how they'd use tasers as a substitute for guns, and yet instead they started using them as a substitute for virtually everything but?
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 am)

Ice Cube will swarm on any motherfucker in a blue uniform
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 am)

I guess, if guns really would have helped fighting an oppressive government, the black militia in the 60s would have won.
ALDP
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 am)

Yeah, that illusion does seem like something that only a white person in America could hold at this point. Although I guess a lot of those white people really think they need to arm themselves against all the Mexicans and blacks...
Ryoko's Biatch
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 am)

I read about one case where a local chapter of the NAACP allied with the NRA in the 60s to defeat an ambush by the KKK and the police to kill their leader. But, yeah, it's the sort of thing that isn't sustainable against a modern national government. You'd need the support of military leaders, and, at that point, you've probably already fucked up by putting the military in power.

Still, fuck the police.
Theldorrin
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 am)

Wasn't the NRA affiliated with the KKK?
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 am)

They're probably affiliated with anyone who wants guns.
Mike Dunn
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:25 am)

It is definitely fucked that we're the only country in the world that has a psychopathic assault rifle massacre once or twice a year, but when you compare the number of deaths by machine gun/assault rifle per year to the deaths by illegally acquired handguns, it becomes clear that banning ARs is a bandaid solution pushed by nanny state liberals who are more concerned with stamping out relatively harmless "gun nut" culture than actually exacting any kind of effective change in our society.

Listen, I'm super liberal on literally every other issue. But I feel like the way that liberals handle the gun control issue is the same way that Republicans handle pretty much every other social issue: Alarmist bullshit scare tactics which eschew facts and violate human and constitutional rights in order to push the cultural agenda to which their party is tied.

"GAYS WILL DESTROY OUR FAMILIES UNLESS WE BAN GAY MARRIAGE."
"ABORTION WILL DAMN US ALL UNLESS WE BAN ABORTION."
"THIS GUN VIOLENCE WON'T STOP UNLESS WE BAN ASSAULT RIFLES."

I'm all for gun control, I just think there are more effective solutions.

As for the militias thing, that was just a joke. I just think people should be able to own whatever guns they want as long as they are positively not insane.
ALDP
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm)

Hey retard, ASSAULT WEAPONS LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND ARE USED FOR CRIME IN CANADA AND MEXICO. THAT'S WHERE THEY GET THEIR ASSAULT WEAPONS. This isn't some benign quirk that is acted out on shooting ranges with whitebread bitches like you. Being alarmist about the proliferation of consumer weapons that are made for killing a maximum number of human beings in the shortest amount of time isn't comparable to being alarmist about gay marriage and abortion. Americans are so retarded about guns because the gun lobby has made the entire subject political leprosy that nobody wants anything to do with.
ALDP
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm)

Like Theldorrin said, handguns and grenades should not be readily attainable. I don't understand how gun advocates think that the deadliness of other existing weapons is somehow a positive for assault weapons.
ALDP
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 pm)

The Vice President of the United States shot an associate in the head with a shotgun
Mike Dunn
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 pm)

I'll concede that exporting is a serious issue that I had not considered. MAYBE I'M A RETARD OK?
kakarot52
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 pm)

ALDP did make a good point about exporting

But if ALDP gave a shit about arms and terror caused in foreign countries, he would be protesting the Pnetagon/military-industrial complex (which does a ton of exporting, of course) much more than gun control issues. That's going to happen even if the American public is disarmed.

Gun control is unconstitutional (according to Alan Dershowitz, the constitution probably gives the right to bear arms. Interpreting it any more strictly than this is a dangerous precedent for other amendments)

Excessively difficult to enforce (yes, that alone is no argument I admit. But it is practically reaching red-herring levels given how constipated american energies are)

And probably not even good for the economy.

In any even, this discussion is of no moral value; little more gun control is going to happen at the federal level and nobody is gay enough to listen to ALDP. Sorry for wasting our time
Theldorrin
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm)

Why do you think the constitution is perfect, Hangly Man?
(Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm)

here's me firing my ak-47

*pulls pants down and gatling dick fires bullets through everyone's head*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: