FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics

What are your feewings on guns?
Outlaw virtually all of them
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
FUCK YOU, DEY NEVER TERK MER GRRRRNS. I... KPN... M...GR! (keep things as they are)
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Outlaw outrageous shit that nobody needs like assault rifles
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Allow people to have, like, one specific kind of gun. That should be fine.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I don't care and I'm not going to vote in this poll
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author           Message
Magic Juan
(Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:43 pm)

Post     Re: Gun control! (you probably shouldn't read this thread)

Vito is a retard
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 am)

I've got your back, Vito. Never back down, man.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 am)

Vito, do you think people should be required to visit psychiatrists on an annual basis or something? We can (and should) certainly do more to make mental health services more available, but it's hard to impose that kind of thing on someone until after they've done something illegal.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 am)

Do you guys need my opinion on this?

Feminism.

Your society emasculates men. Violence is the last thing a man can do to recapture his manhood. Why don't we have girls who shoot up schools? Is somehow laws on gun control or health care different in their case?

Therefore, the first objective of your society needs men to regain their rightful position. You have men acting a certain way and having a certain role in society for thousands of years, and suddenly for the last 2-3 decades it all changes, and you DON'T THINK it will lead to trouble?

I'm not being very judgemental though, because I can see our own society heading towards the same path, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:16 am)

Also I agree that since that bitch Matt can't hide behind Theldorrin anymore, it is good opportunity to bring him down.
My Head Hurts 90
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:16 am)

*waits for Iceland to turn into a Mad-Maxian wasteland*
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:58 am)

Boy, I wouldn't even know where to start with feminism!

Its underlying premises alone are problematic, whether from a social perspective or an anthropological/evolutionary perspective, which is the infinitely more important perspective since we're fucking animals that don't understand that level of ourselves yet, and how being shambling bio-bags shaped by selective pressures influences fucking EVERYTHING from our psychology to our behavior, including most definitely our gendered behavior, and feminists need to stop denying/ignoring this as if it's not a key thing, or, more like, THE key thing.

And that's just the premises! That's before we even touch things like "patriarchy theory" (SHUDDER).

It's like hey, assholes! How about we try to work together to understand how things got to be the way they are, and let's start with biology, and let's maybe concede that our underlying nature (on BOTH SIDES) is awful, because being awful happens to be survival-adaptive in this horrible nightmare world that we're stuck in, rather than going with some combative us-vs-them bullshit creation myth that starts with all men in the world unanimously and conspiratorially deciding several thousand years ago to oppress women?

Geez, just the word "feminism" itself is problematic...

I'd LIKE to attack ALDP on principle for being a feminist, because I consider mainstream feminism in practice to be horrifically destructive to both genders and to society in general, however, things he has said in the past have suggested that his particular version of feminism might be a less-terrible version than the one that was shoved down my throat with great personal hostility in college, and that his is actually concerned about the problems faced by BOTH sexes. So maybe ALDP-feminism isn't so bad!

He'd have to enumerate his views in more detail for me to get a better idea. Until then, I don't really know! I don't really give a shit either! I don't take it personally when he thinks or feels a certain way about something!

FAR BE IT FROM ME to take what he says and unfairly read a massive amount of strawmanned shit into it based on some weird, hyper-emotional need to pass judgment!!!!
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:03 pm)

The core philosophy of feminism is fine, I just think in recent years, it's been abused by the oversensitivity that a lot of people have developed over the last 20 years. Feminists aren't the only perpetrators, as a society, America (and probably the West in general) has turned into a culture of victims. There is plenty of actual victimization, don't get me wrong, but even privileged groups want to believe that they're being harmed by everything. People seem to look for slights. It makes everyone skeptical to the point that real problems are ignored or false equivalencies are used to justify them.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:13 pm)

This is my favorite thread now.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
kakarot52
(Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 am)

ALDP is right. Gun control is way more important than mental health

because guns cause danger whereas mental disorders can arguably be repressed
Magic Juan
(Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 pm)

Thel is dead
MADali
(Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm)

;_; ?
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:07 pm)

Stop SAYING that!
ALDP
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:24 am)

Chris, you don't know what feminism is and you give no indication of ever having met or communicated with an actual feminist. I'm glad you can admit that this is about a girl with armpit hair and Lisa Loeb glasses cussing you out 15 years ago, though. It is clearly very significant to you how your moronic, unused retorts have crystallized over the long years since. Please never pretend to know anything about evolution ever again. I know, the theory of evolution by natural selection is fascinating and intuitive and everything. That doesn't mean every proposition that is intuitive and related to evolution is correct. You studied a soft science and you didn't learn much and here you are. Just... just shut the fuck up, please.

TL, the problem America has with a culture of victimization is (I'm sorry) white people who think of human rights as a zero sum game where THEY are victims if anybody recognizes unfairness in the status quo. The past decades haven't been about more and more people arbitrarily deciding to be victims, it's just that reactionary douchebags like Rush Limbaugh have built media empires dedicated to shitting on progressive values. You don't need to be sympathetic to these personalities to be affected by the grip they have on what we talk about and how we talk about it. Their bullshit is exactly what millions of aging Americans want to hear, and that is an extremely powerful force.

There will never be some precise universal scale of injustice that neatly settles every single disagreement anyone could have about how priority is assigned. Feminists are concerned with identifying and redressing the sex-based inequalities in our society. As a starting point this is insanely vague, so naturally it is possible for "feminists" to disagree with each other about stuff. And "feminism" from an outsider perspective is just a receptacle for caricatures of man-hating dyked out academics.

Things don't change without people grumbling about it and this will always be the case and there will always be an impression that those advocating change should have been more patient and diplomatic and detailed with outlining their positions. This doesn't mean that patience and diplomacy aren't important, just that they will always seem to be wanting.
MADali
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:52 am)

Its interesting how Matt takes the worst aspect of liberalism (feminism) and conservatism (gun control) and made this fusion his political philosophy.
ALDP
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:22 am)

You've got a zany and cock-eyed view of the way the world works, God bless you, you crazy kook
MADali
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:07 am)

Why did you change your post?
kakarot52
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 am)

ALDP, no offense but the whole "durr you never met a feminist" argument is pretty idiotic. Not only is feminism a MUCH more mainstream outlook and/or influence than you admit (though I admit far fewer people all out identify themselves as feminists); Chris lives in fucking Santa Cruz.

two obvious points. A bit subjective admittedly but your like some professor who tells her students "duh im a feminist" and expect everyone to be mind-blown about ideas they've been hearing for the past 30 goddamn years (even in middle america)
ALDP
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 pm)

I'm a bit at a loss that you don't understand my post, Outland. I thought it would be right up your alley.
MADali
(Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm)

You better hope Theldorrin is alive, because without his protection, attacks like this will only increase as time goes by
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: