FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much of your recycling goes instantly into the landfill?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu

?
100%
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
You can't have a poll with one option
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author           Message
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 pm)

Post     How much of your recycling goes instantly into the landfill?

Recycling is a lie we tell ourselves.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 pm)

Post     Re: How much of your recycling goes instantly into the landf

In my city, essentially anything with the triangle logo is recyclable, and everything goes into one big bin to be sorted later.

Who's honestly sorting all that shit and how much are they paid to care whether my "type 6" plastic fork gets tossed on the pile for dumping into the ocean?
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm)

I tried to be a good citizen and separated garbage from recyclables, but I drove to the recycling bins with my bags of stuff and was greeted with a sign that had a giant list of things that you weren't allowed to put in the recycling bins EVEN IF they had the recyclable symbol on them. This struck me as like a hobo complaining about the quality of the food at the shelter.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 am)

Doesn't anything that any industry does in a single day pretty much negate a year's worth of the collective environmentally-conscious actions of tens of thousands of regular people?

The answer is yes.

I don't know if that's a good reason to be wasteful though!

I'll put things in the recycling if its easy, but the second effort is involved, no, because any amount of effort means that I am incurring a cost without benefiting anyone or anything.

What annoys me, is people around me going to obnoxious, inconvenient lengths to be "responsible" while making literally zero difference, or going about their "responsible" actions stupidly and hypocritically.

Like this one guy who prints tons of soon-to-be-useless shit on his printer (ie, directions), but saves the paper, and makes sure to put it back in the stack so that the other side can be used to print some other useless thing.

Hey, how about not printing things in the first place! Put whatever it is you need on your phone, and look at it on there. I don't give two shits about "wasting paper," yet I use far less than he does.

Or like Lexy being completely, inflexibly unyielding about her 100% veganism, even though it's impossible to maintain CRUELTY FREE purity with that unless you go completely off the grid. If you drive a car or wear clothes or any number of other things, you're annihilating some animal somewhere. Come on, just take a single bite of this one fucking thing that happens to have some cheese on it, asshole!
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:56 am)

Jizz in her mouth and yell I WITHDRAW CONSENT just as she's gulping it down.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 am)

First world problems.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:49 am)

Tell your neighbor kids not to snoop through my shit when they're playing in the mountains of American garbage that end up in your shithole country.

#MAGA
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am)

It's weird that, in all the decades I've been thoughtlessly tossing plastic pizza box tables and dirty saran wrap into the blue bin, I've neither desired nor casually come across any context or evidence that any of this crap does anything. I don't have anyplace I can go to in my mind palace for a picture, even from fiction, of what happens inside a recycling center or what comes out of one or anything. They're supposedly separating my plastics into like ten piles and melting them down into new plastic - does that shit actually happen? How are they keeping the output from getting ruined by grease? Do they wash the plastic first?

When I snip the top off a resealable bag, and then toss it the recycling bin, they definitely reuse that half centimeter of lined plastic, right? No amount of effort is too great for these other people doing work for me and by doing it I'm living a zero waste lifestyle, right?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 pm)

You just have to take their word for it when they say that stuff is made of recycled materials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: