FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:42 am)

Post     Re: Videogames: 2011

To be fair all Kirby games are shit. People just don't have the BRASS HANGDOWN to say so.
Roy
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 am)

Kirby Super Star was amazing! Especially with a second player controlling the entity. Kirby 64 was an even bigger letdown because I was expecting something on par with that. In fact, even better, because Kirby but with 64 bits of power!
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 am)

Nah, too short and 75% of the game was absolute filler trash. The GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE is about as exciting as the adventure mode in Brawl without the mediocre boss fights. I'm somewhat partial to Dreamland 3, though.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 am)

Did somebody say great cave offensive?? Let's get serious, boys.

http://gamesdbase.com/game/arcade/the-berenstain-bears-in-big-paws-cave.aspx
Seika
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:39 am)

Kirby 64 was the only game in the DREAM COLLECTION I hadn't previously played.
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 am)

I forgot about my unfinished Wii games

The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Legend of Zelda Skyword Sword
and I have still not beat Madworld

The Wii is in the living room where I rarely am, it is a cheap enough console now I should just buy one for the bedroom and it usually comes with Mario which still sells for 50 bucks anyways.
Mike Dunn
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am)

I found a copy of WWF War Zone at a Goodwill for $2, and oh man, it's all coming back to me.

"I could get in there and wrestle with fans like these!"
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am)

Welcome to the War Zone, this capacity crowd is on their feet! Hello everyone, I'm Vince McMahon.

And I'm good ol' J.R.!
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am)

That post is meant to be read with the tiny voices cheat turned on.
Mike Dunn
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 pm)

Don't take that ass-whoopin' personally, son.
Jason
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm)

Are you going to unlock Rattlesnake first or use your GameShark to get topless female CAWs?
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm)

Oh man, Vince McMahon... ANNOUNCING.

*timewarp*
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 pm)

My best nostalgic wrestling game is the arcade game, WWF Superstars (I think, I'm checking the images on google, and I think its the right one). I used to go to the arcades on weekend and button smash the shit out of the game.

I'm pretty much nostalgic about going to the arcades i general. So old, so sad.
Fagzilla
(Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 am)

One of those PS games had The King and J.R. doing the commentary, and that's the one I played, but I don't remember what it was called, since all WWF video game titles are mad libs created by combining two words from a fixed set of approximately 30 words and there's no reason to remember any specific combination in particular.

war fire rumble slam zone attitude
Jason
(Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:19 am)

Post     Re: Game of the Year

Videogames: 2014

January:
Bravely Default Demo (3DS, 2014)*
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS, 2011)
2048 (iOS, 2014)*
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC, 2014)*
PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords (PC, 2007)
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome (PC, 2011)
The Banner Saga (PC, 2014)*
Broken Age (PC, 2014)*

February:
Bravely Default (3DS, 2014)*
Dead State (PC, 2014)*
The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3, 2014)*
Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition (PC, 2014)*

March:
Titanfall (PC, 2014)*
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two (PC, 2014)*

April:
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, 2014)*
Spelunky (PC, 2013)
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 (PS2, 2010)
Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 (PC, 2012)
Dark Souls II (PC, 2014)*

May:

June:
WATCH_DOGS (PC, 2014)*
Sniper Elite V2 (PC, 2012)
The Swapper (PC, 2013)
Castle Crashers (PC, 2012)
Nidhogg (PC, 2014)*
Omerta - City of Gangsters (PC, 2013)
Remember Me (PC, 2013)
PAYDAY 2 (PC, 2013)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC, 2014)*

July:
Always Sometimes Monsters (PC, 2014)*
Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunken King (PC, 2014)*
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (PC, 2014)*

August:
Tropico 4 Collector’s Bundle (PC, 2013)
Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King (PC, 2014)*

September:
WWE SuperCard (iOS, 2014)*
The Cat Lady (PC, 2012)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (PC, 2012)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC, 2014)*

October:
Sunless Sea (PC, 2014)*
PAYDAY: The Heist (PC, 2011)
Hack ‘n’ Slash (PC, 2014)*
Evolve (PC, 2015)

November:
Valkyria Chronicles (PC, 2014)*
Massive Chalice (PC, 2014)
Redshirt (PC, 2013)

December:
Crossy Road (iOS, 2014)*
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC, 2014)*
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, 2014)*
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series (PC, 2014)*
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS, 2014)*
The Uncle Who Works for Nintendo (PC, 2014)*
This War of Mine (PC, 2014)*
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PC, 2014)*
Jason
(Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm)

10. The Uncle Who Works for Nintendo
This a relatively short Twine game which beat out a few runners up (Watch Dogs, The Banner Saga, and Burial at Sea - Episode Two) because I did feel like I was logically solving its puzzles (mostly) and it was really interesting, spooky, and features the best 100% unlock reward of all time: author's notes.

9. The Wolf Among Us
The big decision of this list was where this and Walking Dead Season Two would end up in relation to one another, and even though Telltale does a great job at making this game about the secret lives of fairy tales a decent human drama (which I'm sure is true to the source material), it never matches the pure pathos of Walking Dead (neither, of course, ever matches their predecessor, either).

8. Massive Chalice
I played this game a billion times and the one single time that I actually made it through and won was totally rocking. It's brutal and unfair like all strategy RPGs, and so much more could be done with the game's game of thrones, but it's still really good and I couldn't put it down and will pick it back up when it's actually finished.

7. The Last of Us: Left Behind
When I think back on Left Behind I basically just remember it as just an interactive Halloween-themed party store to mess around in for fifteen minutes, and I'm sure that does a disservice to the larger character work at play with Ellie, and equally to the part with the joke book. The Last of Us is PROBABLY the most sophisticated story a game has ever told, so adding onto it any further is precarious, and Left Behind doesn't do anything wrong, but I hope it remains the final word on the franchise. (Before that sweet movie comes out.)

6. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
This was a really good Metal Gear Solid level that I played for, like, forty hours between PS3 and PC. I'm left not at all confident that Phantom Pain will be what it claims to be, but that's how I feel about most games. I have no major issues with Ground Zeroes that don't involve the name David Hayter.

5. Always Sometimes Monsters
This is a game I wish I could place higher on the list, because it tries to tell a truly earnest and authentic story, but gets too often bogged down with that same type of millennial-written, pixel character-delivered levity that deflates the maturity of too many indie games. When it's at its most serious, and trying its hardest to flowchart your choices, Always Sometimes Monsters is the best of the year for narrative realism and innovation in games.

4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Shadow of Mordor has a supremely dull story. It's not offensively bad like some games, nor is it irritatingly poor like many other triple-As, it's just totally flat, as though a pie chart of time, money, and talent were made early on for the game and someone dedicated a slice to "sympathetic and compelling characters, navigable hero arc, and conclusive denouement," and then that slice got eaten by the slice labelled "best Arkham gameplay yet seen, total player empowerment, really amazing nemesis system (purpose TBD)."

3. The Walking Dead: Season Two
I had mixed feelings on Season Two all through the first four episodes, but the finale has to rank among Telltale's greatest output. There are a lot of red herrings when it comes to what you believe you'll be fighting for throughout this season, which was never a problem with the first (unless you were one of those dopes who got all enraged when they killed Carly because she was your honeypot), but by the time the ultimate conflict finally emerged, it was delivered so thoughtfully and ferociously that it's as vivid as any memory left from the first game. I'm still comparing it to the first game, though.

2. Wolfenstein: The New Order
Big surprise of the year, and I guess its placement over Shadow of Mordor, a likewise surprise (I surmise), is yet more proof that I care about story than gameplay so I should just watch movies. Except most people think New Order's story is hokey, just charmingly so. I think the best way to put it is that it has soul. Nothing was taken for granted in the design of this game, every creative element is considered and better for it. Maybe I am a sucker, but even though it's a franchise first person shooter, I felt more heart and ambition out of New Order than nearly any other game this year.

1. Dark Souls II
Dark Souls II ended up going sour for me, because I couldn't get enough of it and turned to the DLC, which I found completely shallow compared to the main game or the first game's add-on content, and to its PvP, which is just borderline terrorism. Still, the first time, or two, or three, I was going through this game, I was lost in it like a real adventure, the kind you don't normally have in games anymore. The type where you're genuinely wondering what sort of location you're going to travel to next, what the next creature to knock you on your ass will be, who's connected to whom, and always what the most fashionable armor is. With the improved online system, the frustration of Dark Souls is smoothed out considerably, as bosses become much more manageable with help, and you can go human at will by exploring and helping in other people's games. It was a perfect balance between challenge and fairness, for me; I was constantly immersed, hardly able to stop, and had my best time of 2014 with it.
Jason
(Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:01 pm)

That's because you're a productive member of society, who happens to be a white man.
Richard Cristopolis
~~~SNAKE...NOW IT"S MY TURN TO PROTECT YOU~~~
(Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:10 pm)

I didn't play VC on PSP but I'm glad I got to play it on the PC. It looks astoundingly amazing on 60 FPS. I am trying to get as many anime-inspired games in until I turn 30 in three years, as we all know males are barred from playing anime games from that point under penalty of castration.
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 am)

Diablo3, hands down. Vito, get my back on this.
ALDP
(Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:24 pm)

Did you escape from prison!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: