FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of the Year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:12 pm)

Post     Game of the Year

Something I would really like is for people to list the games they played this year along with their personal top ten.

Please consider doing so. You don't have to take a lot of time on it.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by Jason on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:14 pm)

Post     Re: Videogames: 2011

Asterisks denote games released this year and eligible for my top ten.

January:
Fallout: New Vegas
Tales Of Monkey Island
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
The Sims 3
Back To The Future: The Game

February:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy X
Stacking*
Call Of Duty: Black Ops

March:
Red Dead Redemption
Final Fantasy XII
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

April:
Dead Space
Portal 2*
Bioshock
Dragon Age: Origins

May:
Dead Space 2*
L.A. Noire*

June:
Monday Night Combat
Dinner Date*
InFamous 2*
Mass Effect 2
Beyond Good & Evil HD*

July:
Spiral Knights*
Yakuza 4*
Catherine*

August:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution*
Assassin's Creed

September:
Magic: The Gathering - Duels Of The Planeswalkers 2012*
Pokémon White*
Dark Souls*
God Of War Collection

October:
God Of War III
Batman: Arkham City*
Mirror's Edge

November:
Uncharted 3*
Bastion*
Assassin's Creed II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection*
Chrono Trigger
Modern Warfare 3*

December:
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword*
Driver: San Francisco*
Final Fantasy VII

Last edited by Jason on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jason
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm)

Jason's Top 10:
10. Uncharted 3
9. Bastion
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Yakuza 4
6. InFamous 2
5. Dark Souls
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
3. Portal 2
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
1. Catherine

Honorable Mentions (games removed from top ten):
1. Driver: San Francisco

Possible amendments (games I've yet to play):
1. The Ico & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection
2. Saints Row: The Third
3. Rayman: Origins
4. The Witcher 2

Last edited by Jason on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Theldorrin
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:16 pm)

That list is so short!
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm)

Or did you only list games that you played for the first time?
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm)

I listed any game I felt I spent a considerable amount of time with during the year, regardless of whether it was my first time with it or whether or not I completed it.

So, no. I'm sorry you find it short!
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm)

I'm not going to order these by when I played them or by how much I liked them, but I'll try to make as complete a list as possible.

Portal 2: If you liked Portal, it's more of the same but better in every way.

Magicka: Dumb and buggy, at least when it first came out, but pretty fun to play with your bros.

Bioshock: Fuckin' excellent. I wish I would have played this sooner. I really had the wrong idea about it when I first saw screen shots back when it came out, luckily Steam has great sales.

Bioshock 2: Slightly less fuckin' excellent. These two games made me look forward to Bioshock Infinite this year.

Braid: Gay. Waste of money, even on sale.

Global Agenda: Free to play MMO. S'ok. Could have been a lot of fun without so much micro-transaction bullshit and more levels.

DC Universe Online: A lot better than I expected, I'd say it was better than City of Heroes if it had more power sets. I'd like to save Gotham City with my bros, but I think Calvin is the only one who got it on PC. I keep thinking I should start playing this again, maybe I will eventually.

Limbo: Really fun puzzle game with an incomprehensible story, but who cares about that when the game is cool? Pretty short, but worth buying in my humble opinion.

Magic: The Gathering - Duel of the Planeswalkers: It's like the card game you know and love except on a computer and you can't make your own decks. Thank goodness I got this game for free! Still, it was better than I expected.

Machinarium: Shit. Fuck this game.

Spiral Knights: Decent free to play MMO. I didn't spend much time with it, but I didn't hate it.

Final Fantasy XIII: Surprisingly pretty cool. I really don't understand all the shit this game got from dork ass nerds. The paradigm system was fun and I couldn't give a fuck about linearity since all JRPGs are linear anyway, even if they let you imagine they're not. Plus, Fang and Vanille are totally gay together, and they probably invite Lightning in for threesomes. Also, I liked this game.

Infamous 2: Better than the first and I really liked the first one a lot! I'm glad they made the morality choices do stuff besides change the color of your electricity.

(Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3: Pretty rad. I think I suck at this less than any other fighting game I've played, but I also made more of an effort to not suck. Hopefully that made a difference.

Uncharted: Cool. Nate Drake all trying to solve mysteries and steal treasure and stuff. Plus, Nazis. Everything is better with Nazis involved, even tangentially.

Uncharted 2: Cooler. Nate Drake all trying to solve mysteries and steal treasure and stuff. Plus, yetis and surviving train wrecks. Everything is better with yetis and train wrecks involved, especially directly.

Uncharted 3: Haven't finished it yet.

Assassin's Creed II: A lot of fun. Who would have thought it would be this cool to be an Italian guy who climbs up tall buildings and then jumps off and stabs people in the neck? Plus, a cool story that gives you the ability to kill historical figures from the Italian Renaissance.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Also a lot of fun. More historical figures to kill with wrist blades and now you can buy Rome and train bros to help you fight the pope's son and other evil dudes. As a bonus feature it includes the use of a magical fruit (not Leonardo da Vinci).

Assassin's Creed: Revelations: Finally, Ezio is too old for this shit. And it shows in a mediocre story and shitty new den defense mini-game. The gameplay is mainly the same and the end is kinda cool, so it's reasonably enjoyable anyway. Luckily, when you level your assassins up, you can eliminate den defense forever.

Batman: Arkham City: Fuck yeah! This game is better than Arkham Asylum, which was pretty great. There should be more games about Batman beating the shit out of criminals.
Magic Juan
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:31 pm)

Starcraft 2.

That's it!
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:57 pm)

I am assuming this includes games that I've played over several years, and not limited to only a 2011 playing.

(Games that I have continued to play over the years)
Europa Universalis 3
Victoria 2
Minecraft

("New" games (to me))
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Medieval II: Total War
The Witcher
Shogun II: Total War
Tropico 3
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition (I owned and have played the original, but not for a few years)
Bully
Limbo
Assassin's Creed II
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Terraria
Magicka
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Cities XL 2011
Portal 2
Osmosis
VVVVVV

I also have a ton of games waiting to be played, including:
Batman: Arkham City, Hearts of Iron III, Psychonauts, Costume Quest, The Binding of Isaac, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., The Witcher 2

I left out a lot of the smaller indie games that I have played, but not of any significant amount of time.

Portal 2 and Skyrim are my two favorite games that came out this year. I need to pick up Skyward Sword now that I have my Wii back from my sister.

I barely played any console games this year. I still haven't finished Red Dead, which I want to finish. If Last Guardian ever comes out, I guess I'll buy a PS3, but otherwise, no interest in console gaming at the moment. I can imagine getting a 3DS, though.

Last edited by Action Hank on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:08 pm)

How did you like Bully?
8 bit orgy
There's no fucking way Obama will win FL and NV. There's like to democrats to speak of anywhere here. Even the younger adults are voting for McCain. Honestly, I never even met a democrat in Florida, period.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:11 pm)

Anyone not playing Battlefield 3 is missing out on the best online party since Unreal Tournament.

Forget about whatever Call of Fag shit you heard about, THIS IS THE GAME TO GET.
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:24 pm)

***PC***
Counterstrike Source
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Crysis (finally beat it)
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2 (think I got these STEAM sale the end of last year)
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate ---
Crysis 2 ---
Deus Ex HR ---
Duke Nukem Forever---

***PS One Classics***
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Xenogears---
Chrono Cross---
Metal Gear Solid---

***PSP***
Tactics Ogre
Lunar Silver Star Harmony

***DS***
nothing new did not play it much besides Castlevanias

***Wii***
Madworld---
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword---

***PS3***
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Final Fantasy 13
Super Street Fighter 4
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions---
Demon's Souls---

(just bought on January 1st the MGS HD collection)

--- (Have not beat)

Top 10 - Judging this by when I was playing a game how little did I put it down

1. Batman Arkham City
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
3. Portal 2
4. Counterstrike Source (I have had it for so long but always get into it here and there)
5. Team Fortress 2 (Play this a lot more this year)
6. Tactics Ogre
7. Assassin's Creed 2
8. Deus Ex HR (Up yours only recharging 1 cell!!!)
9. Mass Effect 2 (being on the computer limited how much I played it)
10. Final Fantasy 13

Last edited by johnbuisthegreat on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jason
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:16 pm)

Here are some dumb reviews that no one will read but that I enjoyed writing.

January:
Fallout 3's bloom fell off the rose. Only occasionally compelling and so buggy that it crashed during the ending and I didn't care enough to try to watch it again.
Tales Of Monkey Island
While it sags in the middle, most of its puzzles are satisfying. The final chapter was nice but it suffers from that Telltale problem of making me feel like I'm doing it a favor by laughing at its jokes.
Metal Gear Solid
Remains an excellent experience, even as its gameplay decomposes. Its depth as a game was legitimately transcendent.
Metal Gear Solid 2
Gameplay suffers in the modern era even more than its predecessor, due to its fleeting resemblance to current standards. Story is a bit sadder in retrospect as several of its threads were cauterized by MGS4.
Metal Gear Solid 3
The best-told story in the series. Gameplay still drags but the actual game design is worthy of its high esteem in an especially prestigious era.
The Sims 3
Silly nonsense that is at its most enjoyable, for me, when shared with friends. If the next Sims game had some sort of implemented streaming mechanism, I'd be euphoric.
Back To The Future: The Game
Puzzles became too tedious by the end of the second chapter. The story and casting still impress but I'm unsure if I'll ever power through.

February:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Apotheosis of the series' controls. One of my favorite games, ever. Some parts disappoint, of course, but I remain in the apparent minority which found its final scene perfect.
Alpha Protocol
Technical issues ruin something otherwise very intriguing. I probably cursed myself by attempting the platinum, but its crashes did it no favors either. Abandoned when I checkpointed after a game-breaking bug.
Final Fantasy X
Arguably most memorable for its excellent ending, its take on the battle system made all Final Fantasy games' prior instantly obsolete. Inconsistent but personally beloved.
Stacking*
Unsure of whether or not I'd purchase this, given the choice again. Undeniably charming and its notably short length is rich with thingstado, but struggles to be considered an legitimately full game.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Perhaps singularly better than any Modern Warfare game for its self-contained story, but was still tiresome at times. Like all Call Of Duty games, it doesn't wear out its welcome, nor did it leave me with lasting memories.

March:
Red Dead Redemption
Glad to have given this another try. Found the story well done, especially in the back half, and the amount of content impressive. I hope that some cues from this game are taken by GTA V, but not all.
Final Fantasy XII
I like this game a lot more than I should one that I've abandoned four times without completing. I'm sure that I'll finish it someday, so I eagerly await an HD release with trophy support.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
It's possible that this game, generally applauded for its openness, will always feel restrained for me due to my experience with the tabletop game. That dampens my enthusiasm for ever finishing it more than anything.

April:
Dead Space
Suffers from a problem too common, where unmitigated stress will cause the whole experience to just feel tedious. Finally finished it this year in service to its superior sequel.
Portal 2*
Almost insultingly a product of the best minds working in gaming today. Writers knew exactly how to advance the first without being derivitive. Developers play it slightly safe.
Bioshock
Still leaves me unsatisfied. A kernel of brilliance and a mature premise and setting remains mired by clunky shooter gameplay and design.
Dragon Age: Origins
The obnoxious DLC ad in the campsite was almost merciful for finally giving me an excuse to give up. I wish I could like this game, but I never will and its business shenanigans help me accept that.

May:
Dead Space 2*
Set pieces rival industry leaders, but don't surpass them. Trades the tedious moments of Dead Space for moments of frustration and annoyance.
L.A. Noire*
Possibly my biggest disappointment of the year. Assigning right and wrong answers to the completely arbitrary interrogation system flies in the face of its purpose and overshadows what little else the game offers.

June:
Monday Night Combat
Barely tried it, won't judge it too harshly. Cannot see it thriving in a world that includes Team Fortress 2, which is a death knell for such a game.
Dinner Date*
Any altruistic pride I had for finally buying it was washed away in disappointment shortly thereafter. Not bad, but a poor ambassador for story-driven indie games.
InFamous 2*
Competent, satisfying gameplay, attractive character designs and a plot which is not only superior to the original's but also becomes genuinely poignant and intriguing. Both of its endings were surprisingly memorable.
Mass Effect 2
The Mass Effect series is arguably the most exciting thing in gaming right now. This game expands the promises made by the first exponentially and will remain satisfying even if the third can't achieve.
Beyond Good & Evil HD*
Immediately waxes off the original's accumulated nostalgia but sufficiently delights by the end to ensure it remains somewhat treasured.

July:
Spiral Knights*
A chore with cute art design.
Yakuza 4*
Perhaps too long for my taste, but was nonetheless a very pleasant surprise. Consistently enjoyable and occasionally touching, I will never not cherish a game that makes me feel Japanese.
Catherine*
I took to its controversial gameplay better than most and felt genuinely enthralled by its final stages. Its story options are extremely well done and left me with an ending which I felt fit perfectly.

August:
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Age in all aspects doesn't diminish the impenetrably strong foundation of a well-designed Hyrule flourishing with once innovative and now classic dungeons. One development in returning was a new appreciation for its writing.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution*
Choice falls to the wayside of efficiency in the gameplay, but it maintains a compelling atmosphere and good characters throughout. I am seemingly alone in enjoying its bosses.
Assassin's Creed
Often frustrating, but there is much to be said for its framing device and, honestly, the game itself shines more brightly in the shadow of its sequel.

September:
City Of Heroes: Freedom
A definitive demonstration that no amount of character customization can ever absolve the ultimate and unrelenting tedium of an MMO.
Magic: The Gathering - Duels Of The Planeswalkers 2012*
Fun while it lasts but lacks all potential staying power without custom decks. Of course, that's exactly what they want.
Pokémon White*
Further obfuscates why exactly every Pokémon since the original (or arguably the second generation) has fallen flat. If I had to guess, it's worsening monster design and unchanging plot, but I couldn't say for sure.
Dark Souls*
Absolutely worth withstanding. Intimidating, daunting, but also borders on haunting. Could possibly be the truly deepest game I played the whole year.
God Of War Collection
Weaker in retrospect but not shamefully so. They are well made but not meant to be experienced, by me at least, more than once.

October:
God Of War III
Better than I originally credited it. Rich with spectacle and quite beautiful. Will never be my favorite game but it is lasting.
Batman: Arkham City*
What made Asylum great was improved, what brought it from greatness to perfection was lost. Unfocused and sometimes dizzying, the story could have happily been twice as long if the city wasn't a dull gliding backdrop.
Mirror's Edge
All the creative ambition in the world can't overcome some glaringly bad choices in design. No matter how much I wanted it to.

November:
Uncharted 3*
Difficult to ascertain where exactly it deteriorated from 2, but the answer lies somewhere in the interminable combat sections and the unfulfilled promises of the story. Desert section shines; would be a better game without guns.
Bastion*
I consider it a spiritual successor to Braid. A beautiful, hand-crafted title which gnaws at the player for days after it ends, possibly upsetting in its understatedness.
Assassin's Creed II
To me, felt spread too thin between city design, character design, story and gameplay, bringing no aspect to par, bearing endless promise and frustration. And this was before it became annualized.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*
Boasting quantity over quality, I spend half my time with the game marveling at the enormity of the world and half dreaming of my next character in the hopes that that one will provide me with some feeling of connection to it.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection*
A couple of niggling cuts to the PS2 titles bother but finally making Peace Walker a playable experience earns it tremendous appreciation from me. Looks fantastic and should prove definitive for a very long time.
Chrono Trigger
Sometimes I think I've uncovered the appeal. Its highly touted virtue hasn't been fully exhibited to me yet, but I've not given up, despite the truly irksome loading times on the port.
Modern Warfare 3*
Shallow but never offensively so. It ended shortly and conclusively, which is ultimately all I could ask.

December:
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword*
Began with an unexpected surge of joy at being once more a part of a Zelda game, soon motion controls brought the mood down to a point where every minor frustration is treated with a miserable unwillingness to continue.
Driver: San Francisco*
Occasionally frustrating but a pleasantly told story and satisfying driving mechanics lifts my opinion of it minutes after every lost race. I'll anticipate the next Driver title if they retain the shifting premise.
Final Fantasy VII
Like watching a dear relative slowly waste away, what was originally so magnificent about the game is inhumed further in obsolescence with each passing year. But maybe that makes the game all the more heartrending.

Top 10:
10. Uncharted 3
The continued adventures of characters worth following is enough to keep the game afloat on my list, despite a couple of design stumbles.
9. Bastion
Its gameplay isn't something I'd ever go out of my way for, but dynamic narration is exactly the sort of thing on which every game developer should be working.
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Its character system makes one feel rewarded for their time investment and while its streets may be relatively bare, they're evocative.
7. Yakuza 4
Marries a humble, understated story with its city's quirkiness in a way that should be incongruous but comes off as all the more charming for it.
6. InFamous 2
Offers a respectful payoff to players of the first game while surpassing it in every essential way.
5. Dark Souls
Its interconnected world is astounding and the sparse, cryptic NPCs kept me tightly drawn to the game even when I was desperate to quit.
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Peace Walker is a wonderful for-the-time-being conclusion to the series and the collection ranks highly on my list for allowing me to play it.
3. Portal 2
Becoming only more powerful in retrospect, the game careens between hilarity and desolation so deftly that I would have absolutely faith in a third.
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Ranks so highly because, rather than being a refinement of what games are, is a groundwork for what they should become.
1. Catherine
An all-pervading sense of style married to a wonderful sense of place and flirting constantly with a sense of supernatural horror gives me my favorite game of the year.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 pm)

Man, I thought my burning video game passion had cooled until I made this god damn list. It has not.

Not in order of personal favourites.

Games I Fucking Played, Bitches

Batman: Arkham City - batman x joker

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - For the FIRST TIME EVER my complaints outweigh the amount of praise I have for a Zelda game. Well, other than Majora's Mask. This had better be the death knell of the Wiimote.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten - The game I played the most! Over 150 hours and not yet completed. I want to murder the world.

Marvel VS. Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 - Noob garbage for idiots.

Skyrim - Rock the dragon.

Fate/Extra - nero-chan is so tsundere~<3

Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - Now with 50 percent more pedophile jokes.

ZHP: Unlosing Ranger VS. Darkdeath Evilman - Probably one of the most bizarre games ever created. Bonus for including a Toradora! cameo.

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Still good.

Persona 3 Portable - Female Main Character is a slut.

City of Heroes - Terrible character designs.

Arcana Heart 3 - No comment.

Red Dead Redemption - John Redcorn sure gets typecast as a NATIVE AMERICAN a lot. He can probably voice white characters you god damn voice actor casting Nazis!

Hard Corps Uprising - If you ever wanted to play Contra while simultaneously listening to the Guilty Gear XX soundtrack then you're in for a treat.

Games I Bought and Didn't Play

Catherine - Embarassed
Dark Souls - Confused
Mass Effect - Rolling Eyes
Dragon Age 2 - Cool
Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story - Laughing
Dissidia 012 - Crying or Very sad

Games I Played For Like An Hour Before Dismissing Them Forever

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - Where's my fucking social links, bitches?
Atelier Rorona - I, uh, liked the art design? Then it played like Dragon Warrior II.
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? - No. You can't.
Spiral Knights - Spiral Piles of Shit.

Games I Played For the Sake of Other People

Dead Island - Ugliest character models I've ever seen.
WWE All-Stars - Kind of neat!
WWE 12 - Who the fuck are all these wrestlers? They suck!
Raw VS. Smackdown 2011 - See previous comment.
Seika
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:30 pm)

DS

Ghost Trick - Great but short as hell and has even less replay value than Ace Attorney
Pokemon White - Pretty much the best Pokemon yet
Radiant Historia - Seemed decent but then I got distracted by other shit and never got back to it
Solatorobo - Basically Megaman Legends but with animal people
Professor Layton and the Last Specter - yeah if you've played any other Layton games you know what to expect

3DS

Mario Kart 7 - faggot cheating computer. Still excellent.
Ocarina of Time - Ocarina of Time
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Good 2D platformer that nobody played

PSP

Dissidia 012 - prishe <3
Ys I & II Chronicles - It's fun, really!
Trails in the Sky - See Radiant Historia
Persona 2 - A lot better than 1 but 3 and 4 are still way better
Fate/EXTRA - saber-sama <3

PS3

Ar tonelico Koga - Yeah, if you liked the first two games you'll probably like this one, otherwise you won't care
Catherine - Fuckin' blocks, I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Wii

Skyward Sword - Solid!

Older shit

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers - sux
Cross-Edge - Garbage
Megaman: Powered Up! - fuck Gutsman's stage forever and also every other stage with ten thousand bottomless pits
Suikoden 1 - Better than I remember!
Suikoden 2 - Great!
Suikoden 5 - Super!
Suikoden Tierkreis - Eh...
i'll play metal gear solid 4 this year really

Considering I only played 16 new games this year, I didn't play two of them long enough to really form an opinion on them, and Ocarina is a remake, a top 10 list seems a little pointless.
ALDP
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 pm)

BioShock: I bought this game on sale and played it once. I bet I'll play it again, someday.

Braid: I bought this game on sale and thought it was cool. I stopped playing before I beat it because I knew playing it wouldn't distract me from the stultifying agony of existence. I might play it again someday.

Europa Universalis III: Chronicles: Apparently I played this game for 333 hours in the past year. I think I started getting the hang of it around hour 150. I have to give the designers credit for not putting anything at the end of the game to indicate that you won. I bet they would be like "Is not the point of game to win, is thrill of conquest the point of game!" I think this game was made in Europe. 10/10

Terraria: This game is fun, I tried playing it while listening to lectures about existentialism (I was taking an existentialism class last semester). I remember a couple of things from the lectures that I listened to twice. I haven't dug to hell or explored all that much. I like to build a castle on top of a mountain so I can go back to my castle at night and then hollow out the mountain until it's morning. I think this game is great for people with obsessive compulsive tendencies, but that's probably true of most games. Lots of FTU folks bought the game in the last Steam sale, so maybe someone will figure out multiplayer and we all can finally build the 2D American fagtown we've always dreamed of. 8/10
Theldorrin
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 pm)

We should play EU3 at some point.
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:07 pm)

Bully was good, but I am not a fan of Rockstar's unforgiving quest failures that has kept me from finishing a single one of their games. I think the farthest I ever got was to the last set of quests in GTAIII before giving up in a fit of rage.

I think I've only played a few hours of Bully so far. Eventually I might get back to it. I've watched streams of people playing it, and I liked what I had seen (why I bought it).

I'd play FTU Terraria or EU3, especially now that it is winter and I'm around at night/weekends.
Jason
(Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm)

Bully is awesome, I hope you make it through.
Mike Dunn
(Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 am)

Shadow of the Colossus
Mario Galaxy
Chrono Trigger
Street Fighter IV

None of them were released this year, so I don't have a top 10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: