FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

William and Kate Plus Eight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 am)

Post     Re: William and Kate Plus Eight

What do you mean you don't get it?

You're one of THOSE GUYS who has to be an insufferabe dicklicker about having already seen every fucking possible link on the Internet.

Shit, you just did it today!

Last edited by Fagzilla on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 am)

I'm interested in seeing if you're right.

I don't think you are.

But what will probably happen is that it will hit one hundred thousand and I'll say that doesn't count and you'll say it does.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 am)

Where did I do it today?
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:14 am)

I guess it was four days ago.

http://www.ftusa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203700#203700

(Man, that seriously doesn't feel like four days ago, TIME FLIES LOL)
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:15 am)

That video was really good, though.
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am)

The one you linked, not the Christian rap, which was just uncomfortable and innately revolting (because of his delivery, not its content), which is why I don't think it will soar the heights. Watching some twink breathlessly try to talk in time with a Casio beat isn't exactly the new Friday.
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:19 am)

I can hear the mucus in his voice and it's legitimately grossing me out.

I originally typed "I can hear the music in his voice," which - haha!
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:23 am)

I wanted to give you a moment to fix that one.

You're welcome.
Fagzilla
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:27 am)

For a minute I thought that.... maybe I'd made it...

Lexy was lying in bed behind me when I FIGURED IT OUT and deleted the post, and she told me that I was already dead.
Fagzilla
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 am)

Posting back and forth with someone when they're actually AT THE BOARD is a nightmare.
Fagzilla
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:32 am)

Also, the view counter has been updated.

Check it out!

Wink

Hundred thousand shmousand!

I know the next viral bullshit thing when I see it.
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:40 am)

Those counts don't update in real time. Eight thousand people didn't view the video in the last half hour.

You need to estimate a peak. What I was saying is that this is going to come down to its final number being debatable on how indicative it is of its genuine popularity.
Fagzilla
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 pm)

Quote:
Those counts don't update in real time.

I know that, but that's not the point. The point is that, whatever interval they use, it's a matter of hours, and it went from 4K to 12K within "x" hours. Anything jumping by 8K in less than a day is a CONTENDER.

And now it's at 72K!

Quote:
the Christian rap, which was just uncomfortable and innately revolting (because of his delivery, not its content), which is why I don't think it will soar the heights.

Being (unintentionally) "uncomfortable" and "innately revolting" is part of the recipe. Are Numa Numa Guy and Dancing Baby revolting? Yes.

Quote:
Watching some twink breathlessly try to talk in time with a Casio beat isn't exactly the new Friday.

AU CONTRAIRE! You describe this videos characteristics as if they are liabilities, when in fact they are its very strengths. This is exactly what the people want.

I've spent the last several months CAREFULLY ANALYZING exactly what makes links popular and why.

And this baby has what it takes.

The benchmark of success will be 1 million views, or whenever the first remix, a cappella version, or dramatic reading is uploaded.
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm)

You should take a moment and reflect on how your desire to be an expert on Internet trends may inflate your perception of your actual expertise on said topic.

This goes back to the Friday thing where you completely underestimated the value of genuine appeal, however mired in irony it may be. Which is ironic, since you once pointed out how legitimately catchy is Bed Intruder.
Jason
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:01 pm)

It's pretty amazing that people are still commenting on Star Wars Kid to this day; comments which are indistinguishable from those that would have been made within the first week of the video's existence but for their pathetic anachronism.
Fagzilla
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 pm)

FYI: I know that I forgot the apostrophe in "this videos characteristics", but I don't want an edit mark.
Theldorrin
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:36 pm)

Wasn't Star Wars kid years old when Stephen Colbert made fun of him?

Memes are very annoying.
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:40 pm)

I still don't think they should be called memes.
Theldorrin
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:43 pm)

Yeah, they're really just jokes and references.
(Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:57 pm)

Chris, I guess this has been said a hundred different ways but your preoccupation with measuring other people's popularity (movie revenues, "share statistics", Youtube views) is all the way weird. Are you this much of a stat-head about sports, or trains, or corporate earnings, or anything objective, or is it strictly about determining which person is liked by the most other people? What is it about this particular indulgence in attachment to the material world that's so attractive to you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: