FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

William and Kate Plus Eight
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Captain PUNisher
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 pm)

Post     William and Kate Plus Eight

I don't know if this is the right crowd to judge this, but is the U.S. media assuming that people are way more interested in the royal wedding than they are, or are they right and I just think that people would be less interested than they actually are?

Also, I don't care about the wedding but I am going to be interested when they start having children. I'm pretty sure the rule of secession in England is still that it goes to the oldest male child, and so if they have a daughter and then a son, the son would still be the next in line for the throne. BUT I figure that if that scenario DID happen, that it would get them to change the rule, because I don't think people would stand for that now, and the only reason it is still a rule is because there has not been a need to challenge it.
Plus me and Katherine have a bet on what they would name their first child if it were a girl, I think it would be Elizabeth and she thinks it will be Diana.
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm)

Post     Re: William and Kate Plus Eight

No, the media is cutting back coverage because they overestimated the level of interest in it.

Incidentally, the succession thing was mentioned very recently, and Stephen Harper made an official comment that Canadians don't care about that (absolutely true), but then he also said that it should be a boy because he's a misogynist.

Also, I wouldn't expect it to be either of those names. I would think Mary, Anne or Victoria. I guess not Anne because that may be a little to close to home.
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm)

I think everybody exaggerates their lack of interest in this event (even though it does involve interesting trivia since it involves royalty doing something) because nobody wants to think that the media attention given to it is remotely appropriate to how people should feel about it. Also liberal young people are somewhat incapable of processing the fact that people exist who Tivo Entertainment Tonight and have home subscriptions to People Magazine. Obviously it's corny and stupid, but is it that hard to expect?
Theldorrin
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:25 pm)

The coverage here is literally insane, ALDP. A front or second page article every day is overboard.

The only actual noteworthy news was about Harper's misogyny.
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm)

God I hate Harper.

Have the elections happened yet? I watch the English leader's debate, but then I stopped paying attention.

Oh yeah, Victoria was my second choice.

Also, hopefully this child will be in a interracial relationship when they are an adult, because it'd be cool to have a monarch of colour.
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm)

I'm hoping for a union between the House of Windsor and the Japanese Imperial family. Japan is basically the Great Britain of Asia, after all.

The elections are May 2, but I already voted (NDP).
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:12 pm)

*Canada abandons the monarchy sketch from Kids in the Hall*
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm)

It makes me sad how poorly Kids in the Hall has aged over the years.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:11 pm)

Royalty is over. The UK will be under artificial leadership before William has time to die.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 pm)

I think its time Canada becomes independant from UK's monarchy.
Potatoes
(Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm)

I'm looking forward to Sharia Law being enacted in the UK before William has time to die.
Captain PUNisher
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 am)

Holy shit.
Apparently there is a poll that says that 28% of decided voters support the NDP while only 23.7% support the Liberals! And the Conservatives have 33.7%.
This is exciting. A coalition government could be very possible now. I want Jack Layton to be prime minister so bad.

I figured you voted NDP, Theldorrin, but it's good to have that confirmed.
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 am)

I don't actually have a party line if I look at my voting history, since it's been NDP a few times, Green a few times, and at least one time it was Liberal.
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:04 am)

Wait, who's getting married?
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 am)

The USA of gonna marry Canada and make Canada cook us food and do our laundry and service our penises.
Captain PUNisher
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 pm)

Oh, me either. But we only have two viable parties and the Democratic Party sucks. I tend to vote third party for president since Washington isn't going to elect a Republican, the Democrat isn't going to need my vote.
I'd probably be NDP or Green in Canada though, and if I lived in B.C. I'd go for a third party like maybe the Work Less Party.
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm)

Elizabeth May is leading in her riding, so hopefully the Green party will end up with at least one seat.

The undemocratic media consortium used the lack of seats as justification for her not being in the leaders debate, so hopefully they'll be able to shove that in their faces next election (because they've now established having one seat is sufficient for being in it).
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:53 pm)

You know Elizabeth May is great because I like her even though she's religious.
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 pm)

Wow. That does say a lot about her.
(Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 pm)

Can someone else be a pantheist with me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: