FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Websites that aren't popular anymore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Magic Juan
(Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 pm)

Post     Re: Websites that aren't popular anymore

Rick, you have the 411 on my dick
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm)

I'm reading some Seanbaby right now, the Man Comics to be exact, and I had forgotten how fucking funny this son of a bitch is.

He hasn't merely "still got it," he's more powerful than ever.

Now HERE'S a guy who didn't just happen to come along and start ranting on the Internet before everybody else had a chance to (I LIKE Maddox by the way, but come on, anybody can do Maddox).

I cannot name a person on the Internet, no matter how e-famous, who is in the same league as this hilarious, handsome, devastatingly perceptive, talented PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT WHO I WISH WAS DEAD.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm)

Erik Wolpaw.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm)

too much funnnn
Jason
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 pm)

In fact, the only reason I even know it’s a television program is because I read a poem about it in the last issue of American Letters and Commentary.
Jason
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm)

He's keeping it real still to this day.
Jason
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:42 pm)

Also, Jon Allen.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm)

Writing is kind of dead, I've realized.

Sarcastic, acerbic, witty writing, that is. Where, like, the text is the star and people read it for pleasure.

Tens of thousands of people spent the last 10 years learning and perfecting the INTERNET HOUSE STYLE and now it's just a bunch of elite Super Saiyan beasts pounding out the latest entry of their blog that nobody reads because being good at writing doesn't mean anything now.

Not "everyone", and of course I'm not suggesting that there isn't more subliterate mongoloid shit than ever, but you know what I mean. Good writing is so ubiquitous now that it's no longer prized. What was excellent prose in, say, the 90s, is now mediocre, indistinct, and forgettable.

I'll often go to Google and type in some abstract thing (philosophical principles or highly-specific emotional states are the best for this) and some blog will pop up and I'll read it and be like "oh, great, another perfect, insightful, well-crafted post by a writer and thinker who has clearly honed his skills over many years, with zero comments, on a blog I'll never read again."

It's just like every fucking thing else over the last decade that has become nightmarishly difficult to even be considered competent in (poker, graphic design, video game design, whatever) since the bar keeps being fucking raised by skilled cocksucking, obsessive assholes who can't be beaten.

It's such bullshit when people say "EVERYBODY'S GETTING DUMBER." No. They're not. In fact, the dumb people are no more or less dumb, and the smart people just get better and better.

Everyone all fucking sophisticated and thoughtful and shit!
Fagzilla
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 pm)

Look at that.

"Okay, pink background (and let's LENS FLARE that bitch!), the Dragon Ball Z logo, red box over it with a white "UNCENSORED" in Cargo font, drop shadow, drop shadow, YEAH! Awesome!"

And fuckers ate it up. YOU fuckers. Like it was good. Like it was not a laughable crudity.
Fagzilla
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 pm)

You didn't just get by with that in 1998, you thrived.
Theldorrin
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 pm)

It used to be so tedious to use photoshop and do desktop publishing, because computers were so slow.

You could change an image to a monotone and it'd take 10 minutes to process.
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm)

You really are a repugnant individual. I count myself among the most caustic and pessimistic individuals this planet has ever produced and even I find your negativity disheartening. Chin up, grandpa.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 pm)

Also, graphic design is pretty simple. Completing something with any expedience is the impressive part.
Fagzilla
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 pm)

naw way man, nobody more cynical than me
Jason
(Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm)

I want to make a post mocking what Clint did also. I was thinking about saying something about Daria being my idol, but I couldn't think of any other really self-flattering hallmarks of cynicism to go along with that.

Whatever, Chris had it covered.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:42 am)

Wait a minute, Erik Wolpaw wrote Portal? How did I not know this?

I would have to review a list of every site ever made to be sure, but I think Old Man Murray is still the funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet.
Jason
(Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 am)

He wrote Psychonauts before getting to Valve. He's also had a very noticeable hand in the promotional writing for Team Fortress 2 (along with Jay Pinkerton). Chet's there as well. He works more with Left 4 Dead, although this distinction may be conjecture on my part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: