FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you the funny one in your social circle?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics

FUNNY?
Yes.
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:54 pm)

Post     Are you the funny one in your social circle?

Alternatively, just a funny guy. You know what I mean.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:59 pm)

Post     Re: Are you the funny one in your social circle?

I am very curious as to how most of Fagtown acts in terms of public comedy.

Considering that it is arguable that Fagtown's core is humor more so than anything else (a comedy troupe).

What's even more bizarre is that there are people like me and Magic Juan who are the funny guys in meatspace but, for lack of a better term, the more serious guys here (not that Magic Juan is serious, but whatever).

Frankly, I have never in my life been in a social situation (maybe I should say a non-sexualized situation) where getting a laugh from the person I'm talking to with every sentence wasn't my first priority.

Do people actually live their lives unlike that? I mean, I guess they must, but it seems like it would make conversation so dull. Then again, that's probably why everyone else seem to enjoy their friends, have lots of them and not immediately polarize every other person they meet.

Or something.

I bring this up because today was one of those completely on fire days in class where I had everyone LOLing and shit, and it makes me wonder.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
Stupid 30 fuckbag who likes DBZ
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:03 am)

I feel like killing myself.
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:06 am)

I'm the funniest person in my group, but all of my friends are basically retarded, so it's not hard to witty riposte them constantly.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:16 am)

I think that I'm an amusing individual.
Jason
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:18 am)

None of us do.
Supah Ted
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:19 am)

I do.
Jason
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:22 am)

I'll almost be disappointed and concerned if this poll only gets Yes votes.
Nickass
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:25 am)

My friends are pretty funny (intentionally and otherwise), but I am actually considered the funniest one. In many other social situations throughout life that has also been true (in school, at work, etc.).

I guess I am like Jason in that I think entertaining people and keeping the mood light and fun is one of the things I'm best at, to the point where people wonder what the problem is whenever I'm not making continual comedy slam-dunks. Of course, I'm sure our motives are different (being a sick, manipulative queer vs. lifting the spirits of humanity).

I realize how strange that all sounds (even to me) within the context of FTU. I wouldn't be much surprised if I had never made someone here LOL (let me know if I'm wrong, anybody), and I've often wondered why. You can't be the general on every battlefield, I suppose.
Magic Juan
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:26 am)

I guess I don't come across as very funny over the internet, but I am pretty funny in real life. The thing is, over time I've mellowed out. In High School, everything I said was meant to get a laugh. I've kind of outgrown that phase now, so I'm pretty much very guarded with my humor at times, though I am pretty much either constantly bitter or just faking my way through conversations with people I don't want to talk to.

In high school I was voted most likely to be a comedian, and I could see why, but I honestly don't care as much about being funny anymore to complete strangers who I don't really care for like I used to. Around friends, I have a couple very funny friends, but we all compliment each other and stuff so it is hard to say that one of is funnier.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:29 am)

I'M HILARIOUS.
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:30 am)

I think everyone at this board has made me laugh at least once.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 am)

So social circle, am I the funny one?
Seru
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:36 am)

Like I even have to ask.
Seru
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:37 am)

Anyway, my best material always comes at the expense of others.

So even when I'm the funny one, I'm also the loathed and despised one.

But it's usually just one person, so fuck them.
Jason
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:38 am)

I promise you that my intentions are pure in seeking laughter. I mean, sure, maybe I want to impress some girl by making her and others laugh (who doesn't) but the INSTINCTUAL factor of my desire to punctuate all of my sentences with a laugh track is true and feels so basic to me that it could have nothing to do with being manipulative (unless of course I am a hollow human being who lives ONLY to manipulate those around him).

The other thing I'm wondering is that there have been a few times, when I am with my other funny guy friends and we are ROCKIN' and ROLLIN' together and I just think to myself "Man, isn't he lucky to know me? Someone who can keep up with him?" Do other people get that? That feeling of knowing you have a natural comedic chemistry with your friend?

I'm with Magic Juan about high school (I was just voted funniest or best sense of humor or something) and in the past few years I've only gotten more curmudgeonly (which I guess Fagtown can attest to). The other day these people had to drag me and my friend (they are closer to him) over to sit with them during a meal and I made no attempt to express anything other than "Fuck this, I don't want to eat with you people," but it was still funny. I think.

Actually, that situation is complicated.
Derek Payne
huhhhh *puke* huhhhhhuh come on mike save the game *puke*
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am)

In general my friends are all usually people who joke pretty regularly and have good senses of humor. I would argue I'm funnier than most of them, and I have a reputation for being especially clevar during bad movie viewing experiences, but yeah I don't hang out with faggots who can't tell or take a joke. That's just fucking painful.

Also, calling yourself funny like I've done here is pretty fucking gay, but I'm still doing it to answer this question.
Jason
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 am)

I suppose humor really is the core of Fagtown (this is not a startling revelation). MPP was obviously a comedy site, so there's the SOURCE, maybe. I guess it's just never said because obviously saying that you're ABOUT comedy means you're an unfunny shithead who runs Sans Pants. But it'd be impossible to remain here without being a funny person, there's really no other substance that runs through our conversations consistently, besides hatred.

Of course, Yogurtman is a very interesting person in this whole ordeal, as in no way do I picture him being the funny guy (even despite the fact that I think he makes some pretty great jokes and shit here [you might even call him a more polished, discreet Seru]), but if it turns out that he is, well, then that's that.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 am)

I really don't understand why people don't call Jason gay more often.

It's like, lay off Ace for a while! Look at THIS guy!
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 am)

I wonder if Theldorrin's meatspace acquaintances get his sense of humor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: