FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How well do the bookers write your characters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> DBZxOne Piece Fan Fiction
           Author           Message
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:08 pm)

Post     How well do the bookers write your characters?

This is the thread to let off some steam, Bennets, about how the bookers fuck up what you create. They have the task of striking a balance between keeping things exciting - meaning occasionally killing and maiming wrestlers - and not having every match end in both combatants having their souls eaten by zombies and their bodies partially fused with steam shovels.

I've been pretty happy and even impressed, for my part. In some cases it actually seems like they're picking up on things I meant to say in my promos but forgot. And they seem to try admirably when I give them nothing to work with, like when Goldman won the world title because Arschloch didn't promo.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:11 pm)

Post     Re: How well do the bookers write your characters?

This thread is also about how winners are chosen. I still think the great Jon's idea about doing weighted random rolls would be DANGEROUSLY EXCITING. Imagine if your 10-0 world champion had an outside chance of being beaten and KILLED in his opponent's debut match!
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:15 pm)

The three PPVs I wasn't a booker I thought Handsomus was done exactly how he should have been, but he was a pretty simple character so I guess it wasn't that hard.

The other bookers did an decent job with Kuroda Saito despite how difficult I'm sure he was to write.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:20 pm)

I blame every fuck up on the creator of the character for sucking at promos.

Or Vinny for not understanding the promos.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:00 pm)

I generally just see the inconsistencies.

Like Lunar Plexus suddenly becoming invunerable or the announcers claiming he wiped out a bunch of towns single handed (It was just one!).

Which I'll certainly incorporate now that there's a precedent, but still!

Also, the dialogue in his first match was completely out of character.

Arschloch was tits, though.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:06 pm)

I realized that I wrote Lunar Plexus as nearly invulnerable and instantly remembered the scene in that one promo where he was shot by that one Cardinal guy. I just figure he has a high pain threshold so it takes longer for his wounds to bother him.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:08 pm)

Sometimes I get an idea for a character and just ignore other shit and write them the way I want. Like when Seru said his guy was supposed to be the Juggernaut type, I just make him Juggernaut + Goldberg.

Or the Jack Daniels REBORN stuff. He was basically super strong like every other wrestler and I thought that was boring so I made him super fast.

In fact, what REALLY affects how I wrote your character is how similar you are to other characters. THERE'S LOTS OF MANGA NICHES, after all.
Seru
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:15 pm)

Bone Musket.

Cardinal fucking Bone Musket!

His bones are guns!
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:18 pm)

Does he regrow his bones?
Seru
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 pm)

eet's a secret
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:53 pm)

Sometimes my promos are too long and complex, and bookers probably just glance over them anyway. Jack Daniels was either awesome or shit on. But I didn't even like him, which is why he was constantly changing. Probably should have had him killed off.

Lex was treated very well.

Besides a few minor things, the ILLUSIONIST has been handled very well, which is why I keep him going.
Magic Juan
(Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:38 am)

duhhhhhhhhhh
Captain PUNisher
(Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 am)

Everytime Vinny wrote for Hard'Rok I thought it was great and dead on, and he gave him great lines to say, which is something I couldn't do.
The other bookers did good things with him too, but they were probably inspired by Vinny.

Of course, although not by writing a match, Spamdini is really responsable for what Hard'Rok became.
(Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 pm)

I was?
Captain PUNisher
(Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:49 am)

Your offhand comment about chairs.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: