FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watchmen(fuck each other)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:25 pm)

Post     Watchmen(fuck each other)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnyR10CIDW8

I'm very excited about this movie.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:33 pm)

Post     Re: Watchmen(fuck each other)

PERFECT
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 pm)

This movie will be absolute fucking garbage and Zack Snyder is a retarded, shitheaded fucking COCK.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:37 pm)

That sure isn't what the early reviews are saying!
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 pm)

The Times gave it a good review, and they always smear superhero flicks right out of the gate. The stuff I've seen so far and the reviews I've read say it's so accurate, and they're releasing Tales of the Black Freighter and Under the Hood on DVD.

Jason, why do you feel that way?
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:49 pm)

How could you possibly list the DVD release of Tales of the Black Freighter as a good thing?

To me, that says it all. You take an intrinsic part of the comic, strip everything from it but its COOLNESS and then distribute it in a way that has absolutely fucking NOTHING to do with how it was meant to tie into the story thematically.

Of course reviewers like it, it's a COOL, STYLISH ACTION MOVIE. But that's not fucking Watchmen. Watchmen is meant to be an ugly story, not SLOW MOTION GRIT-FEST.
Jason
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm)

This pretty much condenses my point and also serves to validate it due to the fact that it was written by someone other than me, despite being about the video game.
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:58 pm)

Well! That certainly is a very valid point.

Are you at least going to see it before you go suck Alan Moore's dick and tell him how right he always was?
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:00 pm)

I think you're overreacting, Jason, especially about the Watchmen game. That really has nothing to do with the movie.

The immense amount of slow-motion is excessive, but I haven't seen the movie so I can't say if it actually works or not. If this gets generally good reviews, I'll go see it although I'm imagining it won't really compare to the book.
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:09 pm)

I'll definitely see it as soon as I can do so without paying for it.

Anyway, I didn't mention the game, Vinny, it's just the subject of what I linked. It doesn't even need to be said that the game will be complete trash.

Look, the movie is going to be nauseatingly shallow. If you go to movies to just turn your brain off and look at wicked special effects, you'll think it's great. I don't, I watch movies for a stimulating, intelligent plot, and I think Watchmen is an intelligent enough story to deserve better than Zack fucking Snyder.
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 pm)

The script was spot on and they used the graphic novel as the visual reference, so I'm pretty sure the only part I'll have a problem with will be the ending. Seeing as how they removed giant space squid.
FancyMichael
A lonely fellow who couldn't bag a CHICKEN!
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:23 pm)

I highly doubt that the script is spot on!
Jason
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:24 pm)

Are you sure you read the right script? It was David Hayter that changed the ending.
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm)

I'm sure it was changed a little since the version I read, but I had the one they used rigtht before filming started. The ending was the only thing changed at that point.
Jason
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm)

Well, I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, I just now saw that the video you linked is the one I watched earlier today.

I was going to say, how could you think that sounds good? Rorschach is just doing MINDLESS GROWLING. From an acting standpoint, he's not actually giving anything any depth. It's just shallow, superficial eye candy.
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 pm)

You don't think he'd sound like he was trying to be intimidating a little too hard? Even in the book he was a tiny dude.
Jason
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 pm)

You can make that argument, but:

1. It's his own journal.
2. Motivation doesn't excuse poor quality, no matter what. That is an ARTISTIC RULE.
3. This was chosen as a trailer, so it's on Zack fucking Snyder to make it a palatable selection. It implies he sees nothing wrong with showing people this and only this.
MisfitMan
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm)

So, what, when it's VO he should be voiced by Michael Clark Duncan? And there's very little artistic value to what Rorshach does. He's insane.
Jason
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm)

Quote:
And there's very little artistic value to what Rorshach does. He's insane.

And this is why you and I will no longer discuss movies together.

Also, because your new PP is atrocious and you should be banned for it.
Potatoes
(Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm)

This movie looks pretty good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: