FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Austin, Texas is not a music capital (proof Morgan is a tard

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp.
           Author           Message
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:56 am)

Post     Austin, Texas is not a music capital (proof Morgan is a tard

Nam one famous band that came out of Austin, that the average person has listened to.

Ok, Ghostland Observatory, whatever. Fucking Denton did better than that (Norah Jones), FUCKING LUBBOCK DID BETTER THAN THIS (Buddy Holly)
as has just about every major city in the south.

Name one famous Opera house. Not important? Fine, but just about every music capital from Trendy Seattle to gothic Buddhapest has one.

6th street is a piece of shit; I've been there you havent. It is a piss poor imitation of bourbon street, but I guess only I have been there.

This alone should be enough to tell you that the Austin scene is second rate at best. Morgan is a cheesy woman

Like I said, one COULD make a list of overrated cities, but they would all be in Texas or Florida
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 am)

Post     Re: Austin, Texas is not a music capital (proof Morgan is a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LsIRNhRXIk&feature=related

Trunks slices Freezer

(haha, now isnt THAT a funny pun!)
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:49 am)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_music_scene#Musical_acts
YES
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 am)

Yeah, that bullshit is all the rage

Don't name exceptions that prove rules, dork, NONE of these are truly notable.

Did YOU listen to any of these bands, even though you are more in to this sorta thing than I am?

No, you're probably just going to say having their own articles suffice, ignoring what should be your own better judgement
YES
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:24 am)

I am an AUstin discontent

LA discontents, of which there are plenty (LA is far more culturally influential and cosmopolitan than Austin) must hate all of humanity

But I guess Florida discontents have it worst of all. SOme people actually think Florida is nice!

I guess I should learn to respect other peoples opinions, but theyre so fucking unforgiveable!

People may have intellect, perspective and experience that differ from my own, but the above is evidence that the world is filled with knaves and retards
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm)

Willie Nelson?
YES
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:11 pm)

Willie Nelson made his career out of Nashville and whatnot

People who happen to own a house in Austin don't count. Otherwise that would make a Florida retirrment community the music capital.

So no, Kriss Kross is not from Austin their from Seattle

Angela Jolie is not from Austin either, Ace. She does own a house by the lake though

However, *Fucking Conecticut* at least has Michael Bolton, Paul Simon, 50 Cent.

Not to mention fine opera houses and one of the oldest orchestras, neither of which Austin can lay claim to.

Hell, Austin hasn't produced a single notable musician (fuck the observatory) on par with Buddy Holly and Norah Jones, who come from *fucking Lubbock* and *fucking Denton*
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:43 pm)

Why do you even give a fuck?
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:17 pm)

The first two posts of this thread are hilarious.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:18 pm)

Also, instead of tard, let's all start saying trig.

Come on guys, we're the generation that made MILF a real word!
YES
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:55 am)

Everyone needs a healthy reminder that Connecticut is more culturally advanced than Texas every once in a while
YES
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:51 am)

Butthole Surfers are from San Antonio

Stevie Ray Vaughn is from Dallas

Edie Brickell is from Dallas

Norah Jones is from Denton

Buddy Holly is from Lubbock

Chris Witley from Houston

ZZ top is from Houston

Pantera is from Arlington

Waylon Jennings was from Littlefield

Janis Joplin came out of Beaumont

Willie Nelson was born in Abbot (but made his career out of Nashville, not Austin)

Scott Joplin was from Texarkana

And fucking AUSTIN is the musical capital of Texas, even though it doesn't even have a fine opera house? There are NO Austin musicians that can match this list of ANY OTHER CITY IN TEXAS

Piece of shit

Dont believe everything you hear, I guess

Last edited by YES on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
YES
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:11 am)

Triple Life, I guess false advertising pisses me off sometimes. New Orleans may have been a shithole, but it deserved its cultural merit. Austin doesnt

Eric Johson and Ghostland Observatory are the only REMOTELY NOTABLE musicians from Austin. In other words, Austin only outperforms cities smaller than itself, but of course some small towns have outperformed Austin.

There is only one genuine conter-argument, a list of Austin Grammy winners:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/news/01/grammy2001.htm

OH WAIT, these guys aren't even from Austin.

That's what you get for citing an official Austin webpage! Fucking taking credit for other towns musicians.

that city is fucking unforgiveable
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 pm)

i hope MILF is in the dictionary soon
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 pm)

it is quite horrible how people find that an acceptable word
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:18 pm)

Whatever, trig!
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:25 pm)

You're just trying to turn trig into a homonym because it excites your nerdy glasses to hear the common man utter math terms.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:33 pm)

I just think it's funny that Sarah Palin has a son named Trig who can't do math and will soon have one named Track who can't walk.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 pm)

Sarah Palin: The Most Interesting Person In The World
YES
(Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:18 am)

LEts look at Miami (YES FUCKING FLORIDA)

One, it has a grand opera house. LIKE ANY PLACE THAT CLAIMS TO HAVE ANY MUSIC SHOULD

Now for bands far more noteable than fucking *ghostland obersvatory* (who here actually listens to that band?

1. KC and the Sunshine Band ( "That's the Way (I Like It)", "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty", "I'm Your Boogie Man", "Keep It Comin' Love", "Get Down Tonight", "Give It Up" "Please Don't Go".)

They (among others) are from Miami, which is smaller than Austin

A REAL FUCKING BAND WITH A REAL FUCKING SONGS THAT EVERY MAJOR CITY BUT AUSTIN HAS)

2. Marilyn MAnson is from Fort Lauderdale. Yup, some shithole town in Florida has produced one more truly noteable musician than Austin has.

AUSTIN IS CULTURALLY INFERIOR TO FLORIDA. FUCK THAT CITY SO FUCKING HARD

MORGAN YOU ARE FUCKING UNFORGIVEABLE. And that fucking bitch actually thinks I like her
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Capsule Corp. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: