FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suicide and Depression
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Clotho
Clotho's rational faculties are not estimated to be at optimal capacity for a sapient specimen
(Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 am)

Post     Re: Suicide and Depression

Oh...oh, that.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 am)

I really miss the lighter tone in the first half of the suicide and depression thread.
Richard Cristopolis
~~~SNAKE...NOW IT"S MY TURN TO PROTECT YOU~~~
(Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 pm)

That's ironic, man.
Magic Juan
(Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 am)

UM, I used to be extremely suicidal if I drank too much. There were times in university where I was drinking myself to blackout and I would wake up with a suicide note written and a knife near me and shit like that. One time I woke up against my bathroom door with a belt around my neck but it was not tied to the door handle. If I do not drink an extreme amount of alcohol this does not happen anymore! I guess these things seemed more like cries for help, but I distinctly remember how suicidal and nihilistic I felt when I'd get very, very, very drunk. I basically dealt with these feelings by drinking whiskey and chain smoking cigarettes every day for a summer and the desire to be in this state went away.

I guess I constantly think about how boring other people are and I wonder if getting married at 25, buying a house, and doing things that seem completely unfulfilling to me is the only way these dudes keep from suicide. Basically anything that I see people do that mirrors my parents lives or in line with the forward trudge to socially acceptable adulthood makes me feel depressed, but if I think about all the things that can be done that are NOT those things I feel happy and free. I do have friends though who it seems wholly appropriate that they settle down and I am ecstatic that they are living as they have chosen to live.

One of the better things about being older is that I am much more conscientious about taking care of myself and not being an alcoholic or degenerate. I was scared that I broke my brain a while ago because of MDMA use but it was more or less seasonal depression mixed with stress. I do feel like my brain lanners is completely different than when I was even 25 and that I take more time to maintain my physical and mental health. In university I basically assumed that I was forever broken and during my one year job hunt there didn't seem to be much that would excite me. The US economy is a nightmare, etc.

I will say that continuing to work in a corporate environment is as soul crushing and depressing as everyone makes it out to be and that I will have to maintain outside projects that will lead to an alternate work path. The corporate/capitalist aspect of how to exist so that you can make money for the shareholders makes you sociopathic and numb to the world after a while which is worse than death, IMHO
Magic Juan
(Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 am)

Fundamentally, I just want to sit around and suck on tits all day while listening to "Happy" on repeat.
Sporkism
It's funny that I have a job executing cats and dogs, considering that I AM A WHORE WHO FUCKS FOR MONEY
(Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:06 pm)

I've definitely wanted to actually die a lot of times!

I've figured out that if I keep myself constantly busy to the point of exhaustion/nervous breakdown, I don't have time to think about how much I'd rather be dead.

So far, so good!

@}-,-'- *~*~* Member of the FTU Elegant Tea Party Society *~*~* -'-,-{@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: