FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'S PARTAy time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> DBZxOne Piece Fan Fiction
           Author           Message
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 am)

Post     'S PARTAy time

Part 2: Fate (continued)

Chapter X: Recaps, explanations, no actual hard stuff

People started playing Gunz again so I have no need to plant the seed with that stupid Gunz arc that sucked. Here's what happened so far in the last part that's actually canon:

Nick and Al returned to Roulette's city of Divot. Depending on which path you took in the awesome choose your own adventure chapters, the three of them fought one of two elemental vampires and may have met a boy named Tab. Then a FIGURE FROM THE PAST appeared ...

I want to go over the characters that matter since my writing is too shitty to cement anything in anyone's mind without a cheat chapter like this.

Nick Sparta: A man with magic powers of science. Former employee of the mysterious Conner Foundation. Lost his memory following what was apparently some kind of brain surgery at the Foundation headquarters.

Al Sparta: Nick's estranged twin brother. His existence was hidden from Nick until recently. Nick retrieved him from a hidden bunker under the defunct Vanadium Devil prison in Post-America. Also has magic science powers.

Roulette: Magic science powers again. With the strength to survive in Post-America, he made his own city and keeps his people well protected. Sparta believe he is the strongest man in the country.

Tab: Some cunt kid who wants to be strong.

Carlos Castellan: A Cuban who's willing to risk his life to keep Sparta from being captured by the Conner Foundation. Died helping the brothers escape.

Doctor Diaz: A round, proper man who knows Nick well. Chief surgeon for Conner.

Beta Force: A squadron of four warriors who seem to be in Conner's employ. All named after B movies (Get it? Beta?), they are SWAT, Top Gun, Sniper, and Commando. Each one of them has no right arm.

General Sinijj Kasparov: Also apparently working for, or with, Conner. A former Soviet general with terrifying strength. He seems to show up wherever Beta Force goes. He typically shows no emotion, but also has a monstrous side.

CONFUSING PHYSICS SHIT
This might be narcissistic but I don't care, I have to explain it right or I'll die!

Nick's powers: I think this is pretty straightforward. Basically, he makes invisible surfaces of any size or shape that can push against things. If he makes two walls attached in a wedge, it's like a knife; if he makes a curved wall around himself, it's like a force field; etc. Because his nerves produce the field, he can spread the force of an attack out across his entire body; you punch him in the face, but he feels it as a feather across every inch of his skin from his scalp to his feet.

Al's powers: This is probably pretty hard to understand. He controls gravity, i.e. the invisible curvature of space. He can make Earth's gravity appear stronger or weaker, or even reversed, but that's just part of it. He can mold space into all sorts of shapes, creating a gravitational cage around an enemy or crushing his heart inside his chest or whatever.

He has two moves, the Frame Drag and the Gravity Bomb, which are kind of similar. The Gravity Bomb is a sacrifice attack like Nick's Rockin' A Hard Place, whereas the Frame Drag isn't as powerful but doesn't kill him to use it. The Frame Drag uses spinning motion: It stirs up space like an eggbeater, including the space inside your body, causing internal injuries while you orbit around him. The Gravity Bomb just blasts everything around him inward and outward repeatedly, like a succession of bombs going off in front and behind if you're caught in it.

Roulette's powers: I really explained this badly. Physics has all sorts of conservation laws saying this or that can never be created or destroyed. For example, you can never make a new proton (+) without also making an electron (-). There are also conservation laws concerning momentum, which is why when you hit a home run, the ball impacts the bat, which impacts your hands, which impacts your skeleton, which ultimately causes your shoes to push off against the ground in certain ways, transferring the momentum into the good old Earth.

Roulette's power is the ability to break that conservation of momentum for a short time. He could take a punch in the face and not get pushed back, and use that time to hit you back; however, a moment later, he'd still be knocked back by the punch. He borrows momentum. He can also borrow mass, as in his Sledgehammer punch where his fist weighs more at the moment of impact.

Next chapter: Actual shit happening!
Spamdini
(Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:58 pm)

Post     Re: 'S PARTAy time

I read all your promos, but this was helpful in clearing up stuff that was confusing or that I had forgotten.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:50 am)

Chapter 10: Reunion

A: B: C: D:
No matter what you chose at the end of chapters 8 and 9, the following happens.

The last of Arsenic’s vampires collapse. Their nanomachines tied their fate to his; with the leader dead, their hearts stop en masse.

Before Nick can move, Kasparov’s left hand fires out and wraps around his throat. The joints in his neck pop as his feet leave the ground. His body thrashes and dangles like the tentacles of an octopus. Yet even as his body focuses on the matter at hand, some part of his mind synthesizes his observations into an idea.

I’ve never seen Roulette like this. His body language speaks of intimidation – no, of terror! There’s no doubt about it … Roulette knows this general!

Though Nick’s body weight pulls at Kasparov’s fully extended arm, he hoists him without effort, as a normal person would hold a bag of flour. The general twists his head and points his dead eyes at Roulette, who looks on, paralyzed, while Nicolas thrashes.

Then, Kasparov’s head suddenly pitches to the side, as though dodging something. He slowly pivots his head back to look at Nick. The tableau continues, with Kasparov statuesque and Nick desperate. Then, at last, a cut in the general’s cheek opens and begins to bleed.

“What?” thinks Roulette.

Nick’s bulbous, bloodshot eyes narrow, and his swollen, strawberry red lips pull back over bared teeth. In an instant, Kasparov withdraws his hand. The general’s meaty left arm snakes back with unreal speed and crosses his right, a defensive formation protecting the head and upper body. Nick, having not yet hit the ground, gasps for air.

“FUCK!” he screams! Kasparov’s military uniform suddenly explodes into a storm of beige patches! Invisible blades rush past him, slashing his clothing and skin! Even his cap is knocked off, revealing a short, manly cut of thick grey hair. The shreds of the general’s coat fall to the ground as his skin spews blood from myriad small cuts.

Nick’s feet hit the hard dirt and his legs crumple. He nearly collapses, but from an impossible angle an invisible force lifts him back up. He breathes hard and rubs his neck. At his feet, the skin of his brother’s throat slowly turns red.

Kasparov peeks over his guard at Nick, then lowers his arms and stands erect. “Shit,” says Nick hoarsely. “Did you come all the way here for me?”

Muscles. The general’s body is wrapped in beefy armor. His wrists are thicker than Nick’s shoulders! But it’s more than that: even underneath his muscles, the structure of his skeleton must be absurd. His shoulders are so far apart that just using his arms must be like operating a crane. His ribcage must be large enough for Nick to crawl inside. The width of his hips seems to lend great strength, but makes speed impossible. Without his super powerful leg muscles, he probably wouldn’t even be able to run, much less achieve his unbelievable agility in battle. His skeleton … is it a birth defect? wonders Nick. Or … But either way, one thing is certain. In its natural state, this man was born with a useless body, but when combined with his incredible muscles, he’s a true monster!

Kasparov turns once again and glares at Roulette with passionless eyes. Roulette tries to stand firm, but his temerity is unmistakable. “He’s here for more than that,” he proclaims. Kasparov’s head tips up slightly, a rather sparse gesture of appreciation for the understanding they share.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 am)

Chapter 11: Psychology

“Roulette,” says Nick, butting in. “Can you fight?”

Roulette blinks, swallows, and starts bouncing stiffly on his toes. “Yeah,” he replies, trying to convince himself.

Nick charges in! He throws a punch and a kick which the general blocks with both arms. He fires an invisible blow into Kasparov’s open stomach, but it sinks in with a thud, dissipated by his armor of muscles.

“Roulette! Now!”

Roulette, standing behind the general, works up the courage to throw a punch. However, he freezes when Kasparov’s head turns to look at him! Just from Kasparov’s glance, Roulette jumps back in terror! Seeing the way the wind is blowing, Nick also jumps back, barely early enough to avoid the general’s lightning fast claw aimed once again for his throat.

“You didn’t attack!” chides Nick.

“I – I couldn’t!” stammers Roulette.

“You had an opening!”

“It’s … he’s too fast!”

It’s plainly obvious to Nick that Roulette is of no use in his current state. Nick’s eyes shift to the lower left as he formulates a plan. Then he looks straight at the hulking general.

“So you two know each other?” he asks, ambling about and idly glancing at the ground. “I think you do,” he continues. He reaches down and picks up something. “Does that mean … Roulette is involved with the Conner Foundation as well?”

Roulette exhales sharply, as if hit in the stomach.

“Ah, there we are,” says Nick, picking up a second object. He turns away from Roulette and Kasparov, and examines the two objects. “Yes, these look right.”

He spins around. “Alright! Roulette! You’re going to fight! Do you know why?” He throws one of the objects over Kasparov’s head into Roulette’s hand. Roulette looks at the object sitting in his palm.

It’s a twig.

“Bite it with your front teeth,” says Nick, demonstrating with his own twig. Both sticks have tiny branches jutting out in all directions, and Nick has to pull back his lips to avoid getting poked. Roulette does the same. Nick pulls out his twig to speak.

“You’re going to fight,” he continues, “because we have to beat this guy! And I don’t just mean to keep him from hurting us. We have to PUNISH him for coming to YOUR city!”

He opens his mouth widely and bellows as he speaks.

“We’ll beat him until he can’t move! And then we’ll KILL him!” Nick slaps his chest. “DEATH is the only punishment for endangering the city of Divot!”

Nick’s eyes are wild, even mad.

“And when he’s dead we’ll go to CUBA and BURN THE FUCKING CONNER FOUNDATION!” He slams his chest with his fist. “We’ll KILL EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM for DARING TO INTRUDE ON OUR EXISTENCE!”

Nick replaces the twig between his teeth and slaps his chest repeatedly with both palms. “RUUUUUAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!” he screams through gritted teeth. Roulette’s eyes convey shock at this side of Nick he’s never seen.

Nick rushes in head on! Rather than attacking low, he leaps into the air and comes in from above! Kasparov easily parries his kick. Nick’s foolishness has left him open! Kasparov attacks!

Before his fist can reach him, Nick explodes! Rockin’ A Hard Place! Kasparov and Nick are both blown back as though by a bomb! Al Sparta shoots to his feet as the general lands on his heels and skids to a stop! For the first time, a rivulet of blood trickles from Kasparov’s mouth! Al sprints toward him at full tilt!

Watching Sparta’s battle, Roulette is filled with emotion. “He actually damaged him! Kasparov can be harmed!” A new wave of boldness sweeps across him! “Yes! We’re going to beat him! We’re going to KILL him!”

Al Sparta flies toward his enemy spinning like a drill! Schizo Crusher! It’s not fast enough, and Kasparov clutches his ankle! Al is swung around like a whip! He’s going to throw him!

KABOOOOM

Al is released … but not hard enough to do any damage. He spins to a halt while hovering in midair, then drops to his feet. He looks at Kasparov and sees Roulette’s fist pressed against his chin! It was a Sledgehammer punch! Roulette exhales insanely through his teeth, glaring up with furious eyes. His clenched jaw snaps the twig between his teeth. Al grins and dashes back in.

Roulette jumps back to avoid a hook. Kasparov whiffs air, but comes back with a downward fist designed to crush him into the ground! Roulette jumps back again, but in an instant he can see it’s not going to be fast enough. “His speed just isn’t fair … no one in the world can chain together attacks this quickly …” The fist comes down on him as he moves away in slow motion!

But the fist collides with the ground! Roulette somehow finds himself a safe distance away! As the earth beneath him quakes from the blow, he charges back in! He rears up for a Sledgehammer punch but Kasparov is already backing away!

The increased mass of Roulette’s knuckles crushes the general’s cheek. Kasparov’s meaty neck even gives slightly, allowing his head to be pushed back the mildest amount. The punch connected, despite the general’s speed! Kasparov, confused, looks at Alessandro.

His open palm is outstretched.

Roulette follows with a roundhouse kick to the face that also connects! The general at last manages to stand up and throws a front kick with unbelievable speed … but it feels like there’s a rubber band connecting his foot to his hip, slowing it down! Roulette kicks at his knee! Kasparov tries to move back but the kick makes contact! Kasparov fires a left jab at his head, then, correctly predicting where he’ll dodge, throws a right straight exactly there! Roulette finds himself crouched low as the general’s punch passes overhead! He fires a rising uppercut to the chin that connects!

Al stays just outside the range of combat, manipulating the fight. When Kasparov attacks, he introduces a spacetime bulge between them, making the region harder to cross; when Roulette attacks, he forms a depression, making it impossible to escape. General Kasparov is too fast for either of us … but not fast enough for both of us!

Kasparov takes hits over and over again. Al moves forward and back to keep them far enough away that he’s not in danger of taking a surprise hit, but close enough that they’re both within his 30 foot range. Roulette scores hit after hit but the giant never seems to tire. Al finds that Kasparov seems to block his view of the fight a lot; when Al moves to a better position, Kasparov shifts to show him his back once again. Am I imagining things? The general fires an elbow that falls short of its mark; Roulette hits him in the gut with a right hook.

Suddenly, Nick finds his back against Divot’s outer wall! I’ve been … steered here? Kasparov launches a huge haymaker at Roulette! Al pushes those two apart, but because Kasparov’s back is toward him, he’s also pulling the general toward himself! Kasparov whirls around in mid-punch and rides the wave of gravity straight at him!

He … used my own power against me!

Kasparov closes in, filling Al’s entire field of vision! With his back against the wall, there’s nowhere to run!

“Fuck.”

Kasparov’s fist presses Al’s skull against the wall, blasting the bricks apart. Al’s head is buried in a newly formed hole in the solid stone. When Kasparov removes his hand, Al slumps to the ground face down as though a corpse.

Roulette grimaces. “It’s hopeless.”

“Don’t say that …” Despite his condition, Al Sparta speaks. “I worked hard to make you unafraid to fight.” He coughs and continues. “Did you know … that smiles … can make you happy?”

Roulette and Kasparov both puzzle over this statement.

“Everyone knows you smile when you’re happy, but it’s also true that smiling causes that emotion. Similarly … frowning can make you unhappy. Making a face associated with an emotion summons that emotion! It’s an adaptation useful for fostering cohesiveness and … unity among groups of people. I’m happy, I smile, you smile back, and you’re happy.

“That twig … forced you to pull back your lips and bare your teeth. The very act of making an aggressive face reduced your fear.”

Roulette is conflicted over being manipulated so easily.

“I also had to speak aggressively and confidently to influence your emotions. I even had to use Rockin’ A Hard Place to give you hope. It was a gamble, but …”

Nick stands up, fully healed from before. “… It paid off!”
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:04 pm)

Chapter 12: Failing to contain the gore fountain

Hidden atop nearby Ominous Observation Peak, six eyes look down on the battle outside the city of Divot. Two of the eyes belong to a horse.

“Those hated forces went so far as to send even him …”

“This must be an important mission for them.”

“Yes. They know that those three are doomed as long as that man is their opponent.”

Silence.

“What will you do?”

“Thank you for all your help, general,” says one of the conversants, and trots down the mountain.

The other man rears up on his crystal horse, casting a kaleidoscope of prismatic light onto the crags below.

“Roulette … we’re going to win!”

Nick Sparta’s face is already bruised and swollen from the blow taken by Al. Even as blood oozes from his nose, his countenance is bold and excited. General Sinijj Kasparov stands before both of them, looking muscular and gay and strong. Behind him is the ruined wall of Divot, and the collapsed body of Al Sparta.

Kasparov’s brain assesses the situation and decides on a course of action. Rather than waiting for anyone else to attack, he turns, raises his leg, and aims downward at Al.

Nick and Roulette both dash forward to stop him! Kasparov’s boot cuts the air toward Al’s neck, but something knocks him back! Nick presses forward with his hand outstretched! Undaunted, the general lifts his leg again and prepares to stomp the unconscious Sparta brother! Nick jumps and slides across the dirt to save his brother! Just as Kasparov’s boot is about to murder Al, he’s knocked back again! Roulette hits him with a flying Sledgehammer kick from above! As Kasparov teeters, Roulette passes over him while Nick passes under, snagging his brother from harm’s way!

What happens next could have happened just as easily to Nick. Roulette spins immediately and adopts a fighting stance against the Soviet, wise enough to know not to show his back to such an opponent for an instant longer than necessary. However, it’s not nearly enough. Kasparov grabs Roulette’s arm with his left hand. His mammoth fist nearly wraps up the entire forearm. Using only his thumb, he applies pressure first to one bone, then the other, snapping both easily, as one might, with considerably more effort, snap a wooden chopstick.

Roulette screams and paws at the general’s constricting fingers. Without wasting a second, Kasparov’s hand moves from Roulette’s hand to his throat.

Nick watches as the monster turns around to face him. He gently sets his brother down. Nick stands up to face the beast, but it happens faster than his eyes can resolve. Kasparov traverses twenty yards with what might as well be an instantaneous movement. Nick’s neck is ensnared in the crotch of the general’s right arm. Nick languishes pathetically in his chokehold. With two of his three enemies in his grasp, Kasparov looks down at Al, and, with some satisfaction, presses his foot down firmly on his throat.

Nick takes reactive measures quickly. He raises both palms to Kasparov’s face. The general stares at them. Then, blood explodes from his neck! Two electromagnetic blades jab into Kasparov’s throat, right at the corners of his chin, where his blood vessels are!

But the blades can’t pierce! Kasparov flexes his neck, activating an impenetrable armor! Nick’s blades cut the skin and nothing more!

There’s no alternative, concludes Nick. At this range I can only hope I don’t kill my friends at the same time.

From every square inch of Nick’s skin, a wave front of electromagnetic energy rushes out! Rockin’ A Hard Place blasts in every direction like the shockwave of a grenade! Nick’s internal organs are crushed and jostled by his own nerves as they fuel the violent outward pulse.

But Kasparov doesn’t die.

The general’s bare arm is bloody and his skin cracked from the force of the blow, but his hold is unbreakable. Nick Sparta dangles, suffering equally from Kasparov’s might and from his own attack.

Kasparov stands with all three of his enemies completely defeated, a grim image of brutal victory. However, something happens.

Without time to think, the general jumps back, releasing all three of our heroes from his grasp. A portion of the outer wall of Divot behind him collapses inward, hit by an explosive force. Then, a sharp BANG, a sound like a large capacitor being discharged.

Kasparov surveys the area but sees no one. However, his ears detect someone running straight at him.

He jumps back once again, this time from the sound made by invisible feet. Something glints in front of him – like polished metal that appeared out of nowhere and then vanished.

He knows this trick.

Kasparov lunges toward where the glint came from. It appears again and nicks his hand. The general lunges with his other hand but is once again repelled by the momentary shine, suffering a shallow cut to his wrist. Kasparov throws punches, chops and slaps, always repulsed by a sudden streak of light, always retracting without getting too close. His hands and wrists are repeatedly sliced by some invisible razor.

At last, he steps back. Where there was once no one, there now stands a man – no, a ninja. His height and weight are unimposing; his full-body armor is another story. From head to toe he’s covered in irregular patches of white, blue and brown. In his hand is a katana; its polished blade reflects the Sun’s light. Kasparov’s hands and arms are completely covered in his own blood. The ninja and the Russian face each other down.

“You’re smart,” says the ninja. “You knew that the nanoswarm would be unable to keep up if I were forced to move too fast for too long, and would eventually blow away.”

Kasparov says nothing.

“So you can see me,” says the ninja, raising his sword. “What now?”

The general pauses for a moment, then turns and sprints away.

“Hm,” puzzles the ninja. He inserts the blade of his sword into a scabbard at his waist. Strangely, the scabbard is only deep enough to accept the bottom few inches of the sword. However, he rams the sword in sharply, all the way up to the hilt. Neither the sword nor the sheath is damaged as a three foot blade is forced into a three inch pocket.

The ninja reaches down and lifts Al Sparta onto his shoulder. He then helps Nick to his feet, still convulsing.

“Who are you?” demands Nick through a locked jaw.

Some moments earlier, a laptop computer is used to view satellite photos of the area. The view screen zooms in on the city of Divot, and a command is entered.

“There, that should do it,” says the female user. The ponytailed blonde then shuts the machine, lays her head back on her left hand in repose as she stretches across the back seat of the truck, and closes her eyes. The girl is Sniper.

The Humvee starts and pulls away, driven by Commando.

Divot explodes.

Many miles overhead, a man-made satellite orbits over the former United States. Silently, a small motor releases a chunk of metal with a very low velocity. Slowly, it begins to fall. A few seconds later, the satellite releases another metal rod, then another.

The rods pick up speed. As they pass through thicker and thicker layers of atmosphere, and gain more and more kinetic energy, they begin to burn. Finally, they pass through the clouds and their target becomes visible. One after another, every few seconds, they slam into Divot, discharging as much energy as a large bomb. Each and every rod has more than enough energy to destroy the building it hits.

Nick watches, dumbfounded. Roulette pulls himself to his feet and watches his city burn. A man stands on the roof of his house, waving his hands and calling to his leader for help. A metal rod obliterates him and turns his home into a crater.

A boy comes tumbling over the city wall.

“Tab!”

Roulette runs and embraces the young boy. They both turn and watch another rod hit the city. The city doctor’s office implodes.

Tab moves to run back and save whom he can, but Roulette stops him. Then Roulette moves to do the same, but the ninja’s hand on his wrist stops him as well. The city is gone.

Nick looks at the ninja, who returns his stare. The ninja then turns and points at the city. As he points, another rod slams into the chapel, destroying it. As the building collapses, the stone wall of the mountain behind it is revealed.

There is an emblem carved into the mountain.

Nick sees the symbol, and his brain dissolves.

The ninja leads them all away from the ruined city – the defeated brothers, the humiliated guardian, and the confused child. Not a word is spoken.

“Where are we going?” demands Roulette, breaking the silence.

“We have to find the strongest,” says the ninja. “These two sought the wrong man, though it seems it was meant to be that way.”

Someone stronger than Roulette is in this country? “Who?”

“His name is Poseidon.”

Roulette’s ears perk up. He recognizes the name, but that man is dead, and reminiscing right now is the furthest thing from his mind.

They march on. The ninja turns to Nick. “You asked my identity earlier.” The faceplate on his suit becomes transparent (he’s the ninja from MGS if you didn’t already assume that). The ninja is Carlos Castellan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> DBZxOne Piece Fan Fiction All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: