FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cuts off dik and shoves up own ass( very awsome news)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Supah Ted
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:44 am)

Post     Cuts off dik and shoves up own ass( very awsome news)

Johnson Talks HBO's Preacher

Mark Steven Johnson, who has just signed a deal with HBO to adapt the popular Vertigo comic Preacher into an hourlong series, told SCI FI Wire that he plans to turn each issue of the comic into a single episode, which will be as close to the original source material as possible. "I gave [HBO] the comics, and I said, 'Every issue is an hour,'" Johnson said at a preview of his upcoming film Ghost Rider in Hollywood, Calif., on Nov. 30. "And it's exactly the book. ... I had my meeting yesterday, and [Preacher creator] Garth Ennis is on the phone, and we're all in the room, and Garth is like, 'You don't have to be so beholden to the comic.' And I'm like, 'No, no, no. It's got to be like the comic.' So that's what's so brilliant about it. It's just like, HBO, who else would do it but them? Nobody. ... HBO is just like, 'Bring it on.'"

Johnson is no stranger to comic-book adaptations, having written and directed Daredevil and Ghost Rider, both based on Marvel comics characters. In the case of Preacher, however, he felt that a feature film would not do the story justice. "Well, Preacher is 70-something issues," he said. "There was going to be a movie made of Preacher a while ago, and I read the script, and it broke my heart. Because I'm like, 'Oh, it's not a two-hour movie. Preacher's six years—six dedicated years of the most incredible stuff you've ever seen in your whole life. So I always thought HBO was the only way to do that."

Preacher centers on a Texas holy man named Jesse Custer, who is possessed by a supernatural entity that is half angel and half demon. Given immense powers, Jesse sets out on a journey to find God—who has fled from heaven—and hold him accountable for his actions.

"He can do whatever he wants with that power," Johnson said. "And instead he says, 'You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to find God. And I'm going to make him pay. I want God to answer for everything he's done to people.' I think that's really honorable. ... God gets scared, and he leaves heaven because Jesse's so powerful. Jesse says, 'You know what? I'm going to find God. And I don't care how long it takes. And I want to make God give an answer to everybody and say why you've deserted your people.' It's honorable."

Although the deal was just finalized this week, Johnson said he isn't wasting any time getting to work on the script. "I had my meeting yesterday, so I've go to get writing. ... Right now. Literally, when I get home."
Magic Juan
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 am)

Post     Re: Cuts off dik and shoves up own ass( very awsome news)

God is gay
Supah Ted
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:52 am)

Thats what the series is about.

Also, it is the most manly comique ever created.
Servbot
Overrated faggot
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:53 am)

I hear HBO is bringing back the Spawn the animated series. HBO will always be one of my favorite channels for adult entertainment.
Supah Ted
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:55 am)

HBO rules.

I enjoy shows about violence and gaysex a whole lot.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:58 am)

I'll bet you do.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:00 am)

Song of ICE AND FIRE is way better than this shit!
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:01 am)

Agreed
Theldorrin
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 am)

They should make a computer version of the board game, so that we could all play!
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:04 pm)

Maybe you should!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: