FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Son Goku

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Spamdini
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 am)

Post     Son Goku

Is Son the family name of Goku or is his full first name Son Goku? There are some people who on their web site refer to Chichi as Son Chichi and all of them as the Son family. Personally though, I think that Son Goku is his full first name and that his whole family having Son in their name just stems from a family tradition. My reasoning is...

a) there are characters who have refered to him as Son Goku even when they're friends of his (eg: Roshi: Oho! Son Goku! How's it going?"). You wouldn't usually refer to someone by their first and last names if you're familiar with them.

b) No one else has a last name. Sure, there's Mr. Satan and Dr. Briefs, but there's no proof that either of these are actually family names. Neither one has been called by a first name and no one has ever said that Videl's last name is Satan or Bulma's last name is Briefs. That could just be their first names with Mr. and Dr. being put in front as a sign of respect.

c) Goku wouldn't necessarily follow the Japanese custom of having your family name first because he isn't Japanese. Japan doesn't exist in his world. This one's a bit of a stretch because Naruto doesn't take place in Japan and their do use the Japanese and Chinese custom of the surname first. However, the characters all have Japanese names. Dragonball characters have nonsense names based on puns. Therefore, you can't say that because Goku is Japanese, that was the intention of structuring his name that way.

Discuss
Ryoko's Biatch
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:28 am)

Post     Re: Son Goku

your a bitch
Username
Swimmin' in a Magnum
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 am)

I don't know what to say to Spamdini, but TL was funny.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
Stupid 30 fuckbag who likes DBZ
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 am)

Is this an actual post or is it COPYPASTA?
Servbot
Overrated faggot
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 am)

That post would have been much better if the Fresh Prince song was added at the end.
petahjonze69

(Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:33 am)

he isnt from earth he is a powerful saiyajin and the Son in front of his name is the symbol of respect towards his adopted father, you didnt know that?

gohan and goten have it also
Yogurtman
Odin
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:57 am)

Chris, you shouldn't have to ask that question.
Magic Juan
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:35 pm)

I thought Chris was trolling but now I'm not sure.
Stupid Fucking Faggot
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 pm)

DANCE, PUPPETS!!!!!!!!!
Magic Juan
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm)

*Puppets are dicks attached to attached to a scrotum and are dancing around in Chris' mouth*
Stupid Fucking Faggot
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:05 pm)

attached to attached to
Magic Juan
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:06 pm)

I won't even edit it!
Matthew Outland
The sum of all the arguments Theldorrin makes for not having children.
(Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:32 pm)

Other characters do hve last names other characters in gokus family

man, these discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: