FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTU Book Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 pm)

Post     Re: FTU Book Club

I think we should read The Koran next.
Mike Dunn
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 pm)

Let's read a book I already own but haven't read yet, like All the Pretty Horses! I'd be down for Kafka on the Shore, Murakami is the best contemporary Japanese writer I've read.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 pm)

I was going to recommend My Name is Red for the same reason. Its been sitting on my nightstand for three or four months.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 pm)

John Updike is dead.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:56 pm)

I'm working my way through the Quran, BF, its interesting and there are enough symbolism to interest MHH and Ace Kendo
L Ron Butterfly
I take pop music pretty seriously.
(Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 pm)

I haven't read this book or anything, but so far MADali's comments seem the most insightful.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sun May 17, 2009 8:20 pm)

Let's all join Good Reads. Apparently I'm the last to know about this because it's a Facebook application, but let's all sign up and become friends.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2310818
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 pm)

Did Ace Kendo die or what?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun May 17, 2009 8:54 pm)

He was in the chat today, so unless he's died since then, he's still breathing.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon May 18, 2009 12:32 am)

Fucking chatfaggot.
My Head Hurts 90
(Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 am)

People need to get on this goodread shit.
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 am)

Theldorrin and MHH reccomend Ayn Rand ad nauseum

My problem is, i could never ever bring myself to read anything by her, because I never agreed 100 percent with anything she ever said.

Thus, I think "why the fuck should i read Ayn Rand, when I can read a book by Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, or something who I know has said and will say some pretty brilliant things"

MHH will mock my logic, even though it really shows an order of priority. i know I should read this bitch before bashing her but for someone who hates Hegel and is not a conservative, thel really likes her
Theldorrin
(Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 am)

It's silly to only read things that you agree with.

Also, the Founding Fathers suck. Deal with it.
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am)

Last I recalled, CAnadian rebellions against the british were crushed mercilessly and easily

Too many Canadians in that battle!
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm)

Theldorrin, My Head Hurts 90 and Triple Life are my friends now.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:38 am)

I read this book, and I have to say I'm appalled at the unrepentant white supremacy of this book club. People from beautiful salsa-based cultures can use as much Spanish as they want, and besides, everybody knows third worlders are mystical. How many wypipo do you know who have websites that cast spells for you?

I was just glad I was able to track who the characters were, probably because there were only like twenty. So, reading back my own review and considering the credibility of the reviewer, I guess it blows.

I don't think anyone mentioned what an awesomely withering indictment of Dominican culture this is. Apparently all they ever think about is raping children!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: