FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Games.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Seika
(Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 am)

Post     Re: Computer Games.

Yeah, Persona 5

I've only just finished the first dungeon because I have no time for anything enjoyable anymore but pretty cool. I like how they actually put effort into the dungeon design this time around rather than have it be a bunch of randomly generated rooms and hallways. And there's puzzles! They pretty much consist of looking around with your magic eyesight and finding the thing you need to examine to open the door, but hey, that's still more than the other Personas had.

Demon negotiation is back and way better than in other SMT games; once you knock all the enemies down, you can either make an All-Out Attack or negotiate, but if you've ever had one of the monsters as a Persona, they'll just skip negotiations and help you. That's nice.

One thing that pissed me off is that it's impossible to complete a dungeon in one day. Once you reach the final room, you HAVE to leave and come back later in order to face the boss. Thanks for telling me that AFTER I already spent my SP-restoring items to prepare for the boss fight, Morgana. You asshole.

What's with the awful name pronunciations in the dub? Sa-KAH-mo-to? Ta-Comic-y? Then Random Girl does a better job of pronouncing Ann's surname than the main characters, so it's not even consistent! Come on, Atlus USA. You're better than this.

Igor's new voice is garbage. I know the guy who played him in Japan died but that doesn't mean he needs to be ruined for the rest of the world.

I'm hoping I'll have the option to fuck the doctor. Or maybe Homeroom Teacher-chan. Ann's not really doing it for me. Maybe I've just gotten too old to fantasize about banging anime high-schoolers.

Ten slash ten.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Mon May 01, 2017 3:19 am)

I'm just glad the enemies are demons now and not random amorphous blob monsters with Roman numerals on their faces. The boss designs haven't exactly blown me away but I've only finished the second dungeon. The first boss just looked like something from Catherine.

I also got fucked over by the calling card. I got all the way to the end and knew the boss was coming so I left the Palace before going to the treasure room. If I hadn't been adamant about rotating saves I would have been mildly upset.

I always thought Igor's voice sucked so that doesn't matter to me.

The second the doctor popped on the screen I knew which social link was getting maxed first. Go team Tae. The homeroom teacher social link gets really weird really fast. I like it. Ann is just the usual attractive model trope for this game so she's kind of boring. We already had dismal monster Yukari. Rise was a thousand times better than both so it's hardly a fair contest.

I love the game a lot but the whole Persona premise is starting to wear thin for me. The plot also isn't hooking me because it's basically "Man, shitty adults are the worst! We need to stop them with the power of friendship!" Man, fuck you game. I'm a shitty adult now so that's not much of a selling point. I really hope that's subverted.
Seru
(Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 pm)

Apparently Vinny is a huge bloated retard and his hands no longer work because of stage seven diabetes so I transcribed his thoughts on the game for him.

"I think you can romance any female confidant regardless of their age. (Editor's note: Vinny is well known for loving underage girls and husk-like grandmas. The drier their vaginas the better.)

Well, I'm probably on the very last section of the game. I really like Persona 5 and I've been playing it for 4-6 hour stretches but I have a list of issues with it that are a mile long. And since this is the first Persona game I've put a decent amount of time into I'm sure my complaints are just quirks everyone accepts. (Editor's note: Persona is perfect forever. Fuck you.)

You get railroaded into shit so often and it never lets up. For a game that's all about time management it's frustrating trying to juggle hanging out with everyone so their friendship can make you a more efficient killer when, out of nowhere, you can lose the ability to make choices for weeks at a time. I understand life is random but some days are spent entirely on a cutscene where you watch the news. I'm mostly frustrated that I almost maxed out all confidants but missed it by a few. (Editor's note: Morgana is a cunt. Well said.)

Also, goddamn is this game (sic) and there's NG+ exclusive shit, too? Again, I really liked it but I can't see myself playing it again. Especially when every basic action has your party chiming in about it. The last palace has you unlocking dozens of doors and every time it generates a conversation between two teammates about how unlocking a goddamn door means we can go through that door later instead of going around. (Editor's note: Did you just spoil aspects of the last dungeon? What a maroon.)

I liked one of the bosses (sic) was basically Senator Armstrong. That was great. (Editor's note: Who?)

I also love hot dicks." (Editor's note: Boy does he!)

-The Vinny Mac 2017
Seru
(Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 pm)

Derek Payne and Jason also play the game a lot but I guess we'll never get their opinion!
Seika
(Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 am)

Yeah the time management thing can be pretty shitty. I'm working on the second story arc now, I keep getting forced to spend all my time looking into the villain because they're so evil and all and I'm just like "Come on dudes, I have this DVD I need to watch and return before it's late." It's already late because I've had zero chances to go to the store, and I just know Morgana is going to make some snide fucking remark about how I should have kept better track of when it was due when I go to pay the late fee.
Seru
(Tue May 02, 2017 7:06 pm)

I think it's only annoying if you've played the previous Persona games and you could do pretty much whatever you liked. The theme of the game is supposed to be freedom so they want you to feel annoyed by the constraints placed on you. As the game goes on things become less constrained but it still suffers as a result. Great idea from a story telling point of view, terrible from a game play perspective.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Mon May 22, 2017 4:53 am)

The store waives your first late fee which is good because mine was like a billion goddamned yen.
(Wed May 24, 2017 2:21 am)

They waive all your late fees. I've never taken anything back on time and the clerk always gets distracted by another customer and lets you off. The last DVD I returned was 68 days late so I'm confident that's the case.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed May 24, 2017 9:19 pm)

What the fuck you guys.
Seru
(Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 pm)

While I was at work today I was thinking about how you were going to make a snarky response to this no context discussion. Thank you for living up to my expectations.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 pm)

That's funny because while I was at work I was thinking about me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159
Page 159 of 159

Jump to: