FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Games.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 157, 158, 159  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 pm)

Post     Re: Computer Games.

I typically go by how much I enjoy their personality because I'm a true gentleman. I don't care if Takumi will always be ace super god in this game, fuck that bitchy shitlord. I would have stuck with Peri and Severa but they kept getting brutalized by everything.

I'm going to wait a bit to promote just to see what sort of rewards March brings. I know I got pumped when I saw Sanaki on the SIBLING BONDS banner and somehow her god damn sibling wasn't included.
Seika
(Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm)

Stats matter because a team with higher total stats will get a higher arena rank, which means more feathers for promoting. It's a stupid system, but that's how it is. I'd use Kagero a lot more if her stat total wasn't so terrible.

Takumi sucks. It's possible I only think that because A.I. Takumi sucks, though.
Seru
(Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 pm)

Any character that can attack at range AND up close can get fucked. Ryoma and Hector are also bullshit.
Seru
(Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 am)

So I just scrounged and saved up enough orbs to pull four characters. All my remaining lunatic difficulty orbs (Basically the last four chapter 9 missions), all the March missions, ALL THAT SHIT.

I pulled a Wrys, Donnel, Oboro and Arthur. All dupes, obviously. So I guess I'm done with this shit until Micaih shows up.
Richard Cristopolis
~~~SNAKE...NOW IT"S MY TURN TO PROTECT YOU~~~
(Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:49 pm)

videogames are fucking stupid
Seika
(Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 am)

I wouldn't even bother with colorless orbs, there's only like two good colorless units. All healers are trash.

Upgraded Sharena to five-star yesterday to prepare for the upcoming Voting Gauntlet.
Seru
(Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 am)

I've already got a five star Lucina so I don't need to do that. She carried me through the entire game already so she can do a little extra work.
Seika
(Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 am)

Well this has been a ridiculous shit-stomping.

Zelda: BotW

more like GotY

Exploring vast stretches of forests and cliffs dotted with enemy camps and crumbling ruins is cool. When Miyamoto talked about his inspiration for creating the original Zelda, I think this is the kind of experience he envisioned but couldn't really convey properly in an 8-bit game.

Would be nice if my metal swords didn't keep snapping after a dozen or so uses, though.
Seru
(Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:47 pm)

I didn't realize you could just use whoever you want. I've been tearing it up with my five star Nino the whole time. It's also kind of a smart event because it lets you preview characters you don't have. Takumi is still a bitch.

And yeah, I was going to make a Breath of the Wild post but I wanted to get in a little deeper. I skipped work on Monday to play it so that should be pretty deep. It's great! I love when some unexplained phenomenon happens and you just have to accept it.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am)

Breath Of The Wild is good, but it has actual voice acting, and it's agonizing.
Seru
(Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:23 pm)

Oh yeah, it's wretched. I wouldn't mind if all the ancillary characters were trash but they had to nail Zelda. Boy did they not nail Zelda. I don't know what accent that voice actress is doing but it definitely isn't British. And if Ganondorf actually shows up and he sounds anything like the English VA for Akuma I'm going to kill myself.

It's also really terrifying at times. The only dungeon I've done so far is the Zora dungeon (And only because you need to finish that to get rid of the rain. Also, fuck rain.) and you get a pretty powerful auto revive. The catch is whenever it finishes charging the sexy fish lady that gifted you with it says, "MIPHA'S GRACE IS READY." This ususally happens when I'm scaling a mountain with no music playing and it freaks me the fuck out every single time it happens.

That said, 11/10.
Seru
(Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:24 pm)

It also doesn't help that the Japanese voice acting is top tier by comparison. I want that anguished Zelda wail in Japanese so badly.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:58 pm)

Zelda sounds like Zoidberg's girlfriend who can't smell on Futurama.

I do worry though that when it comes time to make the next game somebody's going to suggest scrapping the voice acting and everyone else will remind them that they sold 87 bajillion copies of BOTW and to get to work on the Amazon Echo port.
Seru
(Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:53 pm)

Daenerys/Sarah Connor can pull off her wimpy British accent because she actually is British. Not this lady. I don't remember the king speaking like that so it's an even odder choice.

And to be fair the voice acting is barely there. Most of it is contained in optional memories that are a pain in the ass to find. And the only reward is cut scenes with bad voice acting.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 am)

It's very good but my main problem with it right now is that it's a stealth-heavy game with tons of menus and nestled among the menu interfaces is a whistle button that I have yet to use intentionally.

Also, for some reason whistling scares away bugs.
Seru
(Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 pm)

Stealth heavy? Unless you're talking about guardians or lynels then you don't really have to stealth that much. I just recently got to a pure stealth section (My first in two weeks.) and I hated every second of it because stealth is for huge cowards. Link was also dressed like a luchadore which made it even sadder.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:31 pm)

My wife has been playing new Zelda so while I was on airplanes or in bed recovering from ball surgery I played both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Pretty good games! They feel like the most Zelda-y Zelda games with some really obnoxious RNG elements thrown in but, aside from that, I really enjoyed them. Choosing to keep the soundtracks between the two games 80% identical was a terrible idea, though.

I played Seasons second because I read it was the action heavier title and that there was no real benefit to all the upgraded items you get from linking the games in the puzzle heavy Ages. But the Master Sword and the Red Ring (which gives you double sword damage) meant I could beat every boss in about 4 hits. Not even Ganon was a worthy challenge during my convalescence.
(Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:22 pm)

I also enjoyed playing those sixteen years ago.
Seru
(Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:49 pm)

Fuck man, I came in here to check when I started playing Zelda assuming it would be two to three weeks at the most. It was a full month. Great game! Here are some closing thoughts.

It's an 11/10 game, don't let anybody tell you differently. I did everything except the Korok seeds and some side quests because I don't need any more inventory space and side quests usually don't net you much. I'm not going to mention anything specific because discovery is what the game is all about. My only other minor quibble is the amount of enemy types. Maybe put in a couple more next time? Once you master murdering Lynels everything else becomes a joke.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 am)

I think after playing Yakuza 0 for 60 hours it's finally clicking with me. I'm mostly just running around the city, hugging buildings until the "LOOK" icon pops up telling I can buy a business, then running back to my office to collect my investment payouts so I can go back out to buy more businesses but this is the real meat of the game.

Also, I enjoy how distinctively Japanese the game is in that all the other property owners are called things like "Leisure King", "Pleasure King", "Electronics King" and that you can acquire more of their territory by beating them in karaoke or betting on slutty MMA. And when they are pushed into a corner they just jump you and after crushing their skulls in with a bicycle they give in and join your real estate team. Just like one of my Japanese animes!

But that's on hold for Persona 5 which is very pretty and fun but Jesus Christ I feel like I'm still in the tutorial 4 hours in. They keep telling me about all the neat shit I can do but I can't actually do any of it yet until I get off the on-rails portion of the game.

Also, I got the King of Fighters XIV DLC for Vanessa and Yamazaki but the online is still pretty bad and I'm somewhat awful at the game.
Page 158 of 159

Jump to: