FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Professional Wrestling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:00 pm)

Post     Re: Professional Wrestling

What you were proposing definitely did sound too good.

My Network subscription is expired!
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:53 pm)

> be WWE
> bring back Brock Lesnar
> wat do
> book him against Cena 3x in a row

ayy lmao
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:55 pm)

Is that really what's happening? All I heard is that the next feuds will be Orton and Rollins, then Wyatt and Ambrose.
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:52 pm)

Yes. Cena and Ambrose were feuding over who gets to face Rollins in the Cell. Ambrose won the Contract-On-A-Pole Match (not joking), so as a consolation prize the Authority booked Cena in a NUMBER ONE CONTENDER match (because that makes fucking sense) against Orton, in the Cell, which he won last night with an AA off the top rope into a table.

He then no sold the HIAC and casually strolled up the entrance ramp after taking 2 RKOs and going through a table.

I don't think I've ever hated Cena Booking this much, and I've hated Cena Booking a lot!
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm)

Also the Ambrose/Rollins match ended with a sp00ky Sister Abigail gh0st h0l0gram sp00king Ambrose too much to finish curbstomping Rollins into cinder blocks.

I actually liked it! But a lot of people are mad.
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:59 pm)

The matches were all pretty good, but the finish to Cena/Orton match #201 left a terrible taste in my mouth that I couldn't get out.

Other notes:

* Ziggler and Cesaro had a 2/3 Falls match that actually only had two falls! Made Ziggler look really strong and was a refreshing finish. Lots of smarks continuing to complain about Cesaro being buried.

* The Bellas wrestled a better match than AJ and Paige. AJ seems to be phoning it in these days.

* Mizdow is probably my second favorite guy on the roster behind Ambrose right now. He's actually making me enjoy Miz matches for the first time in my life!

* Rusev actually got a halfway decent match out of the Big Show, and I'm feeling him despite his storyline making me literally wince in mental anguish (HE SUPERKICKED A MARINE!!!!)
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm)

* Cena/Orton was surprisingly the best worked match of the night by a longshot. Shame they couldn't let RKO get the W.
Mike Dunn
(Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:03 pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXDu76rfe8
kakarot52
(Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:46 am)

Oh look wrestling. Aren't we classy
(Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:21 am)

That was a great Raw.
Jason
(Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 am)

Oh look wrestling. Aren't we classy
Mike Dunn
(Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm)

Truthfully I've never watched this Ladder Match. I'll check it out when I have a moment after work.

My personal favorite that I've seen is HBK vs Razor Ramon, but truth be told there are a ton of ladder matches that I've never gotten around to watching. I've definitely watched a lot more TLC matches, since they're basically identical in structure to regular ladder matches, except for the added bonus of tables and chairs being involved. And the best TLC match is indisputably TLC 2 from Wrestlemania X7.
Jason
(Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:55 pm)

The best ladder match ever happened at some indie show somewhere, you dubbie scum.
Jason
(Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:20 am)

Sasha vs. Charlotte was so good.
Mike Dunn
(Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:42 am)

Ziggler vs Harper was a classic ladder match.

The rest of the PPV was dogshit.
Jason
(Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm)

I'll resurrect this thread because NJPW voluntarily put Ospreay vs. Ricochet up on YouTube (the recent KUSHIDA vs. O'Reilly match is also great, but it's playing Whack-A-Mole with takedowns on Vimeo and shit).

Critics calling it a gymnastics display and a spotfest, and sometimes I think super lauded high-flying matches can be accused of that (the 2006 ROH MOTY with the Dragon Gate guys comes to mind), but this match had as much psychology as any you'll find nowadays and I thought it was astonishing. Even if some spots seemed choreographed, I thought they made sense to the story, the wrestlers' personalities were always front and center, and it's not like even pure mat-based wrestling (which I love, don't get me wrong) doesn't have its choreographed spots (usually involving implausible submissions) - whereas everything Ospreay and Ricochet did seemed like a genuine athletic contest, in spite of spots that came off visually like ballet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: