FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:13 am)

Post     Re: Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.

Does anyone here read One Piece still? I guess the only person that did was Andre and Ace.

Anyway, I skimmed through like a 100 chapters just to get to the fight with my favorite character, Donquixote Doflamingo. Pretty grate.

Now that he's imprisoned or dead or whatever my new favorite character is the light speed admiral. I hope he gets a fight soon!
(Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:22 pm)

Yeah, I still read One Piece.

I should probably re-read the Doflamingo fight, stuff like that always reads better all at once than one week at a time.
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:04 am)

I thought the Doflamingo fight was kind of underwhelming. Doflamingo is probably my favorite character but his fight was just Luffy pissing around until he used his unstoppable gear fourth. Then he had to wait out the cool down to use it again and finish him off. On a related note I got One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (One Piece Dynasty Warriors) Which was pretty great but they slapped on the Doflamingo arc when obviously they had no idea what would actually happen since the game was already in production. Thus it was incredibly lame but I guess I can't blame them for wanting to finish the game with something other than the fishman fight which was incredibly lame and pointless in the series as well.
Vinny
(Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:41 am)

Jojo Part 4 anime confirmed. More news in November.
(Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:25 pm)

*Yoshikage Kira laughing spreads his wings*
Vinny
(Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:22 am)

I'm curious if they're going to cut down on the episodes. They didn't with Part 3 (in fact, they added filler) but it will be kind of odd to spend two full episodes on the gastrointestinal devastation of authentic Italian cuisine. Especially as that arc ends with "Oh, nothing bad was happening, after all!"

Regardless, I hope not.
(Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 pm)

Those are the most important episode in part 4.
Vinny
(Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:08 pm)

One Punch Man: Apparently this was some webseries about a guy who decided to devote himself to doing 100 sit-ups, push-ups, and squats a day and became strongest being in the universe. So the vast majority of the fights end with him destroying his opponent in one punch. It's kind of like Kinnikuman in that there's all these weird superheroes and villains that randomly show up (I like the high school delinquent with the pompadour and baseball bat) and fight.

The original manga had shitty-ish art but the guy who did Eyeshield 21 offered to draw it really fantastic art for Jump so you get really dumb stories in really amazing detail.

ALSO, I just started the anime which is the best form of this series (at least a few episodes in). The budget is incredibly high.

Here's a random fight scene.

The series is on Hulu. You can probably find it on Youtube, too.
(Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:11 am)

PART 4 TEASER
(Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 pm)

What a beautiful Duwang.
Vinny
(Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 am)

I've been reading essentially every permutation of Mahjong/gambling manga the Akagi author has made over the past month. It's kind of weird how the whole thing started with Ten, a mahjong manga about two unremarkable guys, and as soon as Akagi is introduced he takes over that manga as every other character jerks their dicks to how great he is and he immediately gets his own manga.

That said, I really liked the way Ten ended. I was very surprised to see how emotional the "death of Akagi Shigeru" was handled considering the character is the classic archetype of emotionless, expressionless, super genius prick. That last arc where Akagi Shigeru reveals he has Alzheimer's an decides to host a living funeral before killing himself was surprisingly well written. I kind of expected him to just rattle off platitudes about how his life wasn't worth living at his full mental capacity (which he did) but how he actually had a few regrets over how being an emotionally distant asshole had left him lonely in his life. It wasn't amazing writing but it was more than I expected from the author that has had Akagi fighting Dracula in a blood mahjong match for literally 200+ chapters/over a decade in real life in Akagi's own manga.

I've also picked up Hero which seems just to be a shonen repackaging of Kaiji. Instead of a shitty, thirty year old loser gambler that gets tangled up with an evil corporation ran by an ancient, sadistic man Hero stars a genius, teenage winner gambler that gets tangled up with an evil gambling corporation by an ancient, sadistic man. I kind of wish all these manga where set in the same universe as they might as well be. You can open any page of any of the dozens of series this guy wrote and you'll likely see a close up of a bunch of mahjong tiles or guys in black suits, black gloves, and black sunglasses looking on in the background.

Out of all these series I'd say Kaiji is the best. It's not about mahjong (aside from an entire arc where he plays it because the author fukkin' can't enough of mahjong), the hero is more likeable than invincible asshole Akagi or any of the other dicks he's created, and it's pretty grounded in reality (aside from the existence of this mega corporation that can kill with impunity and tortures the poor for the rich's amusement). Now that I think about, Ten's stakes of "if we lose this mahjong tournament the East side of Japan will have to play West Mahjong rules in our Mahjong clubs!" seem pretty low compared to death or being sent to a subterranean work camp.

Anyway, great series! It's refreshing to read manga about guys in their 30s or 40s set in a mostly realistic, modern day setting. And 90% of the characters in these series are old, ugly dudes. It's really great when the best mahjong players are like 70, fat, and bald instead of beautiful, menacing teenangers.
(Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:46 pm)

You should read Legend Of The Strongest Man Kurosawa, I actually think it's his best manga. No Yakuza assholes in suits though, but the saga of a fat old construction worker who wants people to like him is just endlessly fascinating to me.

And I don't know how he managed to do it, but there isn't a single mahjong match in the story (!)
Vinny
(Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm)

I did actually read a good chunk of that but got distracted. It's very good.

I'm sure there will be mahjong in a sequel, eventually. I feel like I should know mahjong now after reading 500+ chapters about it but all I really know is 1) when you say ron everyone loses their shit 2) the best players cheat and switch out tiles surreptitiously and 3) other players know you cheated but almost always let it slide unless you're a minor character.
(Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:04 am)

Does anyone have any good manga recommendations? I'll also accept fictional suggestions from Jason like he did over in the podcast thread.
(Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:56 pm)

The only new manga I've read lately is One Punch Man, but you've probably already heard of it. It's pretty mainstream.
Vinny
(Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:53 pm)

I think I mentioned it on this very page, so you're right.
(Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:00 pm)

Like I would remember a post from a month and a half ago.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 am)

Theldorrin's too dead to make his standard complaint, so I'll do it for him. One Punch Man is actually very vulnerable to being thrown off of Earth. Thank god he landed on the Moon in that one scene I'm spoiling or he'd be fucking dead!
SuperPsaturn
SuperPSaturn
(Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:15 pm)

That's true now that I think about it. The likelihood of him actually colliding with the moon coincidentally when Boros launched him off the planet is probably insanely small.
Seika
(Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:40 am)

Anime!

Evangelion 3.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333517

everyone is a giant fucking retard except apparently Gendo

5/10

how many times are they going to reboot this story before they get it right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 81 of 89

Jump to: