FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTU Music Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:31 am)

Post     Re: FTU Music Club

Debbie Deb?

Debbie Deb.

Homo.
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:36 am)

Also, ban your ignorant cock.

Do it.

For love.

Homo fag.
Mike Dunn
(Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 am)

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

I've never seen a pair of lips on a human that look more like a labia. Lana Del Rey's got a straight up pussy on her face.

Born To Die's production follows a pretty straightforward formula. Big, epic, James Bond theme-esque string arrangements with a sprinkling of modern hip-pop production flourishes, like the "hey!" samples and "If I Ruled The World" aping piano melody in "Diet Mountain Dew". I give her credit for the well defined aesthetic. She manages to set herself apart from her contemporaries by embracing the tropes of 1960s vocal pop.

That being said, I hate this album. I hate Lana Del Rey's stupid voice. Vocal pop is structured such that the vocals are meant to take the forefront, but what good is the aesthetic when every line is delivered flat and devoid of emotion, by a singer with a miniscule vocal range and a gratingly bland timbre. The only time I hear anything from her other than pronounced disinterest is when she does a goofy little baby voice, and I can't tell if she's trying to be sexy or humorous.

I also hate Lana Del Rey's stupid lyrics. Every line is heavily caked in melodrama, even as the subject matter is mundane as all fuck. Literally every song is some variation of, "Oh, I love this man so much. There's nothing I care about more than loving this man. But golly, I'm just so bored and restless." This woman has nothing to talk about, she can't sing, and all she's got going for her are her looks, her privileged background, and her admittedly lush production. Fuck this shit.

1.5/5
Magic Juan
(Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 am)

Ultraviolence is one of the best albums I've ever heard!
Magic Juan
(Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:10 am)

Um, uh, look at the nerds!
My Head Hurts 90
(Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:55 pm)

Family - Music in a Doll's House

Hey, a progressive rock album that doesn't have a five minute song or lyrics about dragons and shit! This could be a good thing.

Turn out, it's not that good of a thing. A lot of tracks here could benefit from spending a bit of time to settle down and establish something that sounds like a song before transitioning into a kazoo orchestra. This statement probably seems ridiculous considering the album I just recommended, but this album is a god damn mess. Just what exactly am I supposed to make of warbled space screams combined with swords-and-sorcery adventure music?

Lead singer Robert Chapman has a natural coarseness that kind of reminds me of Cat Stevens, but unfortunately his voice is tethered to a bleating, Nixian vibrato and a desire to sound like a merman. The tracks are arranged with a similar disregard for the listener as they fade in, out, and jarringly start again. I appreciate Chapman's boldness and experimentation, but the pace he sets makes it tough to listen to the results of his work.

I have the exact opposite reaction to this album as Madali's last one. Whereas forays into blues and traditional rock highlighted Mohsen Namjoo's awkwardness trying to sound completely Western, they give Family a way to coherence while still noodling around, and it works (they also use their horns more, which I always like). "Old Songs for New Songs" and "Hey Mr. Policeman" show that this band can, in fact, have a beat. I could listen to the jam at the end of "Old Songs" for at least another 5 minutes because of the bass line alone.

It's a shame that the album isn't more conservative because I like those songs a lot, and Chapman isn't a half-bad lyricist. Sure, "Voyage" and "The Breeze" are definitely prog bullshit but that was before anyone knew what that was. The satirical surrealism of "Never Like This" shows that there's more to this freak out than high school philosophy or talking about Sphinxes, but Family doesn't have the patience to figure out what that is.

Recommend?
No.

Favorite Tracks:
"Old Songs for New Songs", "Hey Mr. Policeman", "Never Like This", "Me and My Friend"
Mike Dunn
(Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:28 am)

So are we still doing this? I know ALDP is "on hiatus" (doin drugz 4eva) and Madali is busy child rearing, but we haven't heard from TL or Trevor in nearly 2 months either.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:53 pm)

Harass me in the chat, it might help.
My Head Hurts 90
(Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 pm)

I just did it for completion's sake. I don't mind continuing this, but I'm not interested in convincing other people to do so every album.
kakarot52
(Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:47 pm)

I think 50s music is better than 60s music and anyone who disagress is a hippy
(Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 am)

So what's up guys?
kakarot52
(Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:04 pm)

How come you know absolutely nothing of your history? Like, do you like popsicles better or something?

There's this guy called Cyrus maybe you've heard of him you can look him up here:

http://www.iranicaonline.org/
(Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:18 pm)

I am now listening to this

https://blameshifters.bandcamp.com/releases
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:46 pm)

They were better when they were CBH.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:52 am)

So I took a break from listening to a bunch of shitty Iranian rock and was wondering what to listen to.

I heard of Phil Ochs from Stephen King's novel, Hearts in Atlantis. Phil Ochs was an anti-war singer folk singer from the 60s. Phil didn't seem to bullshit around, all of his songs are protest songs, and he killed himself in 1976, so he didn't go through a disco or electronic drum phase in the 80s.

I listened to his first two albums, "All the News That's Fit to Sing" and "I Ain't Marching Anymore", but the only good song was, "I Aint Marching Anymore",

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv1KEF8Uw2k
Mike Dunn
(Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:54 pm)

Guys let's bring back the music club pls.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 pm)

Is this a trick to get us to listen to your band?
My Head Hurts 90
(Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 am)

Let's do it, Mike. Me and you against the world!
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:02 am)

I actually went back and read some of the old music club threads, which I skipped the first time around.

I should have skipped them the second time around too!!!
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:56 am)

Guys, I'm really interested in doing this again. Specially now that it is the end of 2018, we can have some sort of 2018 nominated albums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: