FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:26 pm)

Post     Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:31 pm)

Post     Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I'll play this game.
(Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:29 am)

I'll post in this thread.
Vinny
(Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:03 pm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

Farewell, Kojima-kun ...
(Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:07 am)

So I made a custom playlist for Phantom Pain like these dorks did, since you can import your own music. Most of the ones in that thread are just OK. They're trying to keep it closer to the early '80s, I guess. I just went with anything pre-1984, so mine kicks ass, musically and thematically.

1. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
2. The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
3. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
4. Phil Ochs - I Ain't Marching Anymore
5. The Doors - People Are Strange
6. Ike and Tina Turner - Son of a Preacher Man
7. The Pogues - Streams of Whiskey
8. Tom Waits - Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets to the Wind in Copenhagen)
9. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
10. Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice It's All Right
11. Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
12. The Carpenters - Rainy Days and Mondays
13. Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions - People Get Ready
14. Jefferson Airplane - Lather
15. The Kinks - Shangri-La
16. Cat Stevens - Moonshadow
17. Billy Bragg - The Man in the Iron Mask
18. The Pogues - Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go
19. The Clash - Death or Glory
20. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. The Carpenters - Top of the World
Ryoko's Biatch
(Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 pm)

Cynthia Harrel - Snake Eater
Vinny
(Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 am)

With all the Bowie references I expect Ziggy Stardust face camo.
(Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:23 pm)

Wow was the game THIS shit that this thread is the most interesting thing to be said about it!?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:06 pm)

Everyone is too busy playing it to discuss it!
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 pm)

It's $75 in Canada and I refuse to pay that much. Also, I'd rather play Splatoon.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:24 am)

Maybe I'll get Splatoon after I finish TPP.
Vinny
(Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm)

There is a Best Buy deal where you can get 20% off Splatoon/Smash/MK8 if you buy Mario Maker. Plus, another 20% if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked (which you should if you buy new games).

Anyway, MGSV is probably the most fun I've had with the series with 3 (which, is to say I like it better than 4 and GZ but still). DD is so goddamned great and I can make my base hot pink.
(Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:50 pm)

I'm surprised that people find Mario Maker so compelling. Fuck you, Nintendo, you make the Mario levels yourselves. I've played through enough ROM hacks in my day. They're usually garbage. I don't need that garbage on a global scale.

Splatoon is a really great online game for isolationists. You can't really communicate with people beyond saying BOOYAH and C'MON. I rarely know the names of the people I'm playing with because around 9 p.m. the servers are completely full of Japanese players and that's the earliest I get on to play (Unless there's a SPLATFEST.). And they filter in new people so often that playing with the same players for more than a few games never happens. The only drawback is the unbridled rage that possesses me when I play ranked. I put my fist through the wall twice on Sunday. I need to fix that wall.

The ending of Metal Gear Solid V sounds lame.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:32 pm)

I guess I want this archived:

(10:05:55 PM) SansJason: A major, the most major, plot thread is left unresolved in the game itself, and on the second disc of the PS4, maybe that's a collector's edition thing, you can watch a video of it in an unfinished state.
(10:06:06 PM) SansJason: Which I just did on YouTube.
(10:06:14 PM) SansJason: Video of the mission which resolves it, I mean.
(10:06:59 PM) SansJason: The game's ending as included is essentially a protracted epilogue.
(10:07:48 PM) SansJason: I just think the story suffered so hideously for the mission structure, in a way Peace Walker didn't for the same reason somehow.
(10:08:32 PM) SansJason: It does not feel like one narrative arc, it feels like a merry-go-round of vignettes in which characters are introduced, brushed aside, brought back, written off, without any kind of sustained momentum.
(10:10:22 PM) SansJason: I wanted to absolutely love the feeling of a nice, long Metal Gear where I was taking my time to live on my base, but instead the base feels shallow and the story suffers by being spread excruciatingly thin, with half of its most crucial moments being forced onto cassette tapes.
(10:11:30 PM) SansJason: It completely flies in the face of previous Metal Gears which told a sustained linear story that built as you played. Traditional, yes, but not a disaster.
(10:16:45 PM) SansJason: Gameplay-wise, there are so many various optional tasks which fight against the excellent core mechanics of the game (which had me enamored) that it's a nightmare. The multiplayer system not only fails as a translation of the same skill set or a transparent mechanic, it gives me a horrible feeling about videogames themselves when, like everything in this game, I have to compare it to previous games in the series and think how ridiculous it is that at any (potentially emotionally charged or meticulously stealthy) moment I'm liable to hear a buzzer sound telling me my resources are being robbed. And speaking of resources, they trickle in at such a ludicrous pace that it's again a completely indictment of where games have gone that I'm actually going to farm or wait in a Metal Gear game rather than devote my time to playing with skill or creativity to unlock everything.
(10:17:56 PM) SansJason: And there's a special place in the Hell that is this game for Quiet, who becomes its emotional centerpiece by its conclusion, particularly due to the lack of the real ending.
(10:19:30 PM) SansJason: So Quiet's front and center during the game's most saccharine, orchestral moments of pathos, and you're just watching her tits jiggle around in front of the camera.
(10:19:35 PM) SansJason: There's nothing you can do.
(10:19:43 PM) SansJason: A minute later, there's her ass in a thong
(10:22:13 PM) SansJason: I don't care if you're not a feminist and you think sexual objectification of women is the fakest problem on the planet, there is such an magnitude of difference between Meryl being self-aware about Snake checking out her ass, or Sniper Wolf, EVA, The Boss having their shirts unzipped during their most dramatic moments, and Quiet literally wearing nothing but black underwear and torn fishnets, with her tits bouncing around.
(10:22:55 PM) SansJason: All the previous sexist revelry of these games is so fucking categorically dissimilar from Quiet.
(10:24:03 PM) SansJason: All the action cutscenes of Sniper Wolf and EVA and The Boss involve them being clothed and expertly handling a rifle, or a motorcycle, or unarmed combat, respectively.
(10:24:46 PM) SansJason: With Quiet you are literally watching her zip around with magic powers with gratuitous ass shots like it was a Bayonetta game,.
(10:25:25 PM) SansJason: Which is another point, that they never actually bother to point out that Quiet can vanish into thin air, or make her skin change, or anything.
(10:25:41 PM) SansJason: Like, I'm not complaining about Quiet having magic powers, everyone has magic powers.
(10:26:14 PM) SansJason: But when Vamp takes a bullet to the head and comes back to life or runs on water, all the other characters actually find it noteworthy.
(10:27:01 PM) SansJason: Nobody ever thought it Quiet's powers were even a little intriguing, we were just left to assume it had something to do with [SPOILERS] and don't fucking question it.
(10:27:43 PM) SansJason: And it was just the most paper thin fucking character to ever appear in the games and disgusting to look at or attempt to reason.
(10:29:16 PM) SansJason: I'm just absolutely fucking depressed that that's it. That was Metal Gear Solid V, that compromised, misguided, over the hill, meddled and molested unnecessary game.
(10:29:35 PM) SansJason: I want to stop playing videogames forever.
Seru
(Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 am)

But the Beauty and the Beast Unit is still cool, right?
Seru
(Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 am)

Laughing Octopus is so hot.
Jason
(Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:17 am)

The Beauty and the Beasts are great because (get this), they introduce them at the start of the game, and then you have conclusive boss fights with all of them by the end of the game! What a novel fucking concept!
Seru
(Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 am)

Doesn't Quiet try to kill you at the beginning of the game and get horribly burned which is why she has to wear that perfectly acceptable outfit? And then you fight her in a conclusive sniper battle? I think you just made a case for Quiet being the best Metal Gear character of all time. Sorry, Dirty Duck, you're the eternal number two.
Jason
(Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 pm)

That does not justify her outfit or abilities and her boss fight is just OK. The End's was better.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:15 am)

I like the slide whistle noise that Quiet's super powers make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: