FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Defective
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Magic Juan
(Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 pm)

Post     Re: True Defective

They died in Carcosa and the hospital scene was the Lovecraftian plane.
Mike Dunn
(Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:43 pm)

Kind of annoying that they structured the premiere the way they did. 58 minutes of character introductions and table setting with no plot. They should have found the body in the middle of the episode.

It's going to be really disappointing when they reveal that the guy who Vince Vaughn told Colin Farrell raped his wife turns out to be some completely unrelated dude who Vince needed merked for mob reasons, because that was literally Sawyer's storyline on Lost. And it will especially be Sawyer's storyline if the actual rapist turns out to be Rachel McAdams's hippy dad.

I think they've set the table nicely and I'm looking forward to watching this story play out, but that premiere was kinda crap.

Last edited by Mike Dunn on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:59 pm)

What a shitty thread title!
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm)

I think I am going to save my judgement on this season until at least three or four episodes in. There are just too many characters this time around---it has a Short Cuts meets Chinatown/L.A. Confidential vibe.

I'd like to say, though, that the city manager's missing eyes was a nice touch of the macabre in otherwise boilerplate L.A. Mystery fodder. It would be awesome if they do end up going with the original plan of exploring "the secret occult history of the United States transportation system," but I'm pretty certain Pizzolatto has distanced himself from that description.

In other TV news, Hannibal is cancelled at the end of this season, and it needs to be picked up by Amazon or Netflix or someone, fast.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:49 am)

I've been wondering how Hannibal manages to stay on the air, considering how completely and defiantly inscrutable they've made its plot and characters. It seemed like mainstream audiences would have given up completely.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 am)

Somehow, despite how amazing the show looks, the budget is really small and there were a lot of European partners to offset costs. I think NBC paid something like $175K per episode, which is so ridiculously cheap. But yeah, it makes no sense that it was ever on network television.

The subject matter, violence, pacing, composition, serialized surreal/dreamy plot, and dense (and often somewhat pretentious) dialogue is definitely for a niche audience. I can't believe they gave it a second season, let alone three.

This is a show where the censors complained there was too much butt crack on a pile of corpses, so the show resolved the issue by covering the cracks with blood.

It is also a show, that like Blood Meridian, makes shockingly violent and terrible acts beautiful and poetic. God damn how the food is presented. God damn how they shoved the whole procedural they promised NBC down their throat and just did what they wanted (though the second half of this season is supposed to be Red Dragon). And Hannibal, himself, is just such a great character and Mads makes him his own Lucifer.

This was probably the most beautiful and frightening television show ever made, and there's a great chance that it'll continue. Netflix wants it, but Amazon has first rights to pick it up because of their distribution contract (but also has the ability to kill it completely if it wants to).
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:01 pm)

The scene in episode 2 with the heart/corpse/stag creature was so ridiculously horrifying.
(Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 pm)

Post     Season One: A Play

mccougnahey: laifh is pointless we're awl jus gunna diah

*returns to old school that is now an obvious hideout after meeting obvious lawnmower murderer* will we ever crack this case

harrelson: prostitution is wrong that girl is too young

feminist pimp: why's it only wrong if a woman does it hmmmm? *white women clap*

*requisite HBO fuck scene*

flawless faultless wife: I hate you for vague dumb reasons that I'll never actually explain plz pity me

*requisite HBO scene where someone says nigger*

black cops: we suspect you're insane and murdered people but go ahead and do what you want man

*requisite HBO scene in a gay club*

mccougnahey: I'm a master of guns, kung fu and pseudo-philosophy cause these things are very popular on reddit oh shit a fat inbred hick with a hammer

mccougnahey: whah can't I just diah

harrelson: friends 4 ever
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 am)

*slow clap*
Bladtman
(Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:59 am)

We need to be united Andre.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:55 am)

I miss you, bro.
Bladtman
(Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:24 pm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: