FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTU Music Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Fri May 08, 2015 11:49 pm)

Post     Re: FTU Music Club

ACtually, if anyone has a whole schtick of Arabian, Indian and Persian music to work with; it's MADali. I would appreciate further reccomendationssss
(Sun May 10, 2015 2:33 am)

I guess I'm joining FTUMC.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sun May 10, 2015 9:02 am)

Guys, I'm sorry, I've been a bit bogged down. I had the baby, and then left to Dubai for a company conference, and I've been looking for a new place to move to.

However, I've been listening to the albums, so when I get the chance, I'll try to review them together. You guys should continue reviewing and not wait for me.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu May 14, 2015 10:24 pm)

Unacceptable. Consider this club disbanded.
Seru
(Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 pm)

Ha ha, disbanded. Like those things you guys apparently like. Well, see you later.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 am)

Have you ever recorded a five star album? Dis band did. That's my review of whatever we're currently listening to.
Mike Dunn
(Sat May 16, 2015 4:25 am)

Sorry guys, I've been in Europe. Right now I'm in Prague eating $1.20 goulash with a $1.30 whore at a drum and bass rave so I've been too busy to do the reviews. I'll be back on the 27th and will do a mega review of Brett's, TL's and my record.
ALDP
(Sat May 16, 2015 9:56 pm)

I'm gonna post my review for Brett's album next weekend. All my writing juices have been going into Facebook posts and drafts of my suicide note but I'll make time this week.
Seru
(Sun May 17, 2015 3:14 am)

I can't wait until this becomes the FTU Excuses Club. Then you'll see my true power.
My Head Hurts 90
(Sun May 17, 2015 6:44 am)

I'll do Dunn's album sometime next week.
ALDP
(Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm)

Just don't fuck with the program and post it before anybody has reviewed yours. Wait until at least one person has reviewed yours.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sun May 24, 2015 4:20 am)

I'm going to do a review of my life. Shitty. 0/5. Not Recommended.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun May 24, 2015 4:04 pm)

It's your own fault, really.
Magic Juan
(Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 am)

Blame yourself, or God.
Magic Juan
(Mon May 25, 2015 7:50 am)

MADali got whacked cuz he's weak.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Mon May 25, 2015 1:22 pm)

MADali's all "let's make a music club where we can chill and indulge ourselves and share our thoughts and CULL THE UNFIT" and now look who can't hack it.

Whatta boob!
Mike Dunn
(Wed May 27, 2015 8:59 am)

I'm back from Europe. I'll write a review of Brett's album today 'cause You'll Cowards Don't Even Write Reviews
Mike Dunn
(Wed May 27, 2015 9:01 am)

ALDP decided it's more important to write a million Facebook status updates a day that only me, Stefan and TL even look at than it is to promptly deliver reviews of his bros' favorite albums.

ALDP, why don't more of your FB friends show love to your statuses? Is your FB friendbase too pleb to appreciate your hardcore references?
Mike Dunn
(Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 am)

Man Man - Rabbit Habits

Brett's first pick was megashit, and I didn't have high hopes for Man Man after seeing their picture on wikipedia, but I'm glad I withheld judgment because this album fuckin' slays.

Man Man takes a layered, eclectic multi-instrumental approach, and over the course of Rabbit Habits' 13 tracks they employ bells, xylophones, massive brass sections and all other manner of noisemaking. This gives the album a full sound, and leaves the listener excited to see where the songs will take them next. Every song is teeming with a sweaty, swaggering Bourbon Street energy, whether on a jitterbugging freakout like "The Ballad of Butterbeans" or a drunken oompa stomp like "Big Trouble".

Occasionally the band will push things too far and veer into cheese territory, like the goofy robot talk in "El Azteca", but overall I found myself impressed with their restraint. For a bunch of dudes wearing headbands and dorky matching outfits the songwriting on display here is pretty mature.

The album hits its emotional peak with the penultimate track "Poor Jackie", an 8 minute ballad about a beautiful woman who prays that someone will murder her. As the song peaks and crescendos, a refrain is repeated, "There ain't no god here/As far as I can see/Your God of hope and light never did nothing straight by me." The lyricism is powerful, and I think the juxtaposition of Man Man's boozy revelry and energy with their dark, depressing lyrics is really great and thought provoking. Because what point is there in listening to music this engrossing and cathartic if not to try to forget that life is a nightmare? I like when a band reminds you of the dark realities of life even when providing an escape from them.

So hey, great pick Brett. Good stuff right here, my dude.

4/5
ALDP
(Thu May 28, 2015 9:50 pm)

I basically picture there being 10 people on my friend list who aren't from FTU and don't have me Unfollowed. Most of those 10 are blocked by a filter called "Moms" even though not all of the women are my mom, but I only use that filter when I'm getting really out there or talking about sex and drugs. I'm gonna revise my Shakespeare post and replace the punchline with something PG like "*farts querulously*" so I can make my moms proud with my iambic pentameter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: