FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TAXI DRIVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Tue May 19, 2015 1:10 pm)

Post     TAXI DRIVER

Yes, this movie had it's moments. But it's a piece of shit.

It starts off well; Robert DeNiro plays some moron ex-marine who wants to work 90 hours a week in bad neighborhoods for some reason. He does this by becoming a Taxi Driver.

He disdains the neighborhoods he works in; the people screwing in his cab, all the druggies, pimps, hookers and so on he has to work with. Like Serpico; it's almost as if we get a take on decadent northern urban life in the 70s. And like Serpico; this movie has not held up well.

Robert Deniro gets crazier as the movie goes along; and this only serves to make him seem less interesting and more adolescent as the movie goes along. Talking about how he wants to do dangerous thing. OMG!!!!

I have no idea why talking to a mirror; the classic line "You talkin' to me?" is so badass, to the point where I'd sooner quote Mass Effect and be proud of it; and this overrated ass of a movie has given me a higher opinion of Mass Effects writing than I had earlier.

He then falls in love with some girl but can't date her because her Pa is the senator. OK great.

He then tries to assasinate her father for that reason and fails. He makes himself inconspicous by getting a stupid haircut that makes him look like a radical. Ok.

He is somehow offended by a Pimp who is not particularly abusive or anything like that. He shoots him, gets shot, gets shot in the neck among other places; and instead of getting instantly knocked about by a shot to the jugular, he manages to continue his shooting rampage shooting pimps and Johns and whatnot.

And it ends with him in a Coma; I guess that's supposed to be ambiguous or stupid or something,

This movie sucks. Its Serpico with taxis and vigalanteisn instead of cops and corruption. Robert De Niro is a better lead but his character just isn't that interesting; it actually gets less interesting as the crazier he gets, the more he seems like a douchebag rather than an interesting eccentric.

The movie is not brilliantly paced; it's more 70s-ish. I'm surprised I got as much of the movie as I did because it's a snooze-fest.

4/10
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: