FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bee Gees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
ALDP
(Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:42 pm)

Post     Bee Gees

Wow, what an incredible group! They're gonna be my #1 most listened to group on last.fm by 2017, I'm predicting, but who knows, "Everybody's got plans until they get hit" - Barry Gibb.

And, wow! Could he hit!

He hit 'em out of the park, that is!

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then Barry Gibb's pen was mightier than an actual gun.

Following women, watching them from the dark, crying in the dark, crying in the rain, begging women not to hurt him, begging them not to LIE, Barry and Co. knew what it was like to fall in love with a women, and what it's STILL like, even as the group and its core fanbase dies off and gets forgotten about.

"Like Tom Waits if his music were actually good," the Bee Gees have two distinct periods in their career. "Like the Bible if it wasn't all just made up," the Bee Gees discography is split down the middle with a lot more in the first part, has at least three gods, all real, and that's not even counting all the albums I haven't heard yet.

As different from each other as Terminator is from Terminator 2, the periods might be called "The Beatles period" and "The Disco/R&B Period," with both periods individually being BETTER than Terminator 2 and Terminator put together, and combined being better than The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Sopranos, LOST, Dr. Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, The Simpsons, and Family Guy (separately).

Three brothers. Perfect brothers. A perfect equilateral triangle. A pie chart with three sections, Barry, Robin, Maurice. Barry wrote all the songs I guess and sings on most of them, next comes Robin whose voice sounds different from Barry's (in a good way), and finally there's MY favorite, Maurice, whose voice is a little worse than his brothers' voices (in a good way). If you look on wikipedia it says that Maurice played the most instruments, more instruments than any of the songs have, so I'm guessing one of his other jobs was writing the liner notes. Blue Weaver joins the group in 1975 at the age of a new dawn, does blood brothers with each of the brothers in turn, and drives a ceremonial dagger into the heart of young Riley Gibb, a blood ritual that spawns such megahits as Jive Talkin', You Should Be Dancing, Love So Right, How Deep Is Your Love, Stayin' Alove, Night Lover, Too Much Loven, Love, and Love You Inside Out, until finally Riley's much-speculated-about "second heart" stops working in whatever year Man in the Middle came out. Blue makes the triangle into a square and his trademark synthesizers are the standouts on hits like Nights On Broadway and Jive Talkin'.
ALDP
(Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:43 pm)

Post     Re: Bee Gees

Guess which sentence marked my decision to post this on Tumblr too.
ALDP
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 am)

Bee Gees - Holiday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmRdE3WBgE

This song is really sad and weird. I challenge anybody reading this to make a better song.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:18 am)

I'm going to do it just to see the look on your face.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:23 am)

ALDP, do you want to start a FTU Music Club?

I was thinking of a format like this:

Every club member recommends an album. Club members have to listen to all the albums in the one month allocated and at the end of the month, write about it and give it a rating. If club members don't listen & write a review on each album, then they get kicked out of the group.

Preferrably, the albums that they recommend should not be something we all have listened to or generally is very well known

What do you think?
kakarot52
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:29 am)

i recommmend the soundtrak to macrsss7 or something.

Anyway, why is everyne from the northeast or Canada a male feminist? I mean, I'm fine with liberality and all; but does it really turn you in to a male feminist? I mean, if I were a well educated new englander, would that make me a male feminist like hangly man?

Or is the level of indoctrination in new england even more blatant? Ace Kendo, maybe you can explain the femininom if male feminism to me
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:58 am)

You wouldn't be allowed in the club, you faggot.
GimpMask
My daddy ate my eyes.
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:56 am)

The bee gees made a song about mah ol' town?
kakarot52
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:33 pm)

Do I have molest my cousisns and fantasize of banging little boys in the ass to not qualify as a faggot?

Or just belong to a religion that guarantees my country will be even more slavish and misogynist than a spic country?

Or belong to a culture that was defeated by a nation of Psarosian faggots on multiple occasions? Or became a third world nation because it didn't know how to properly irrigate it's own fucking soil?

Fucking loser. Go back to your MP3s
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:31 pm)

I.....only listen to MP3s......
ALDP
(Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:39 pm)

Sure, MADali! Maybe if the club actually thrives, we (you) can turn it into a website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: