FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:56 pm)

Post     Re: Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.

The finale of ATLA is pretty good action-wise. I wish Toph got to do more in that episode, but the fights between Ozai and Aang and between Azula and Zuko were pretty cool. The ending was a bit of a cop-out, though. LET'S SOLVE A MORAL ISSUE WITH MAGIC.
BigJoeMex
(Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:33 pm)

MAGIC FROM A LION-TURTLE, please! And yeah. I'd have preferred for Toph to be far more involved in the finale. She was easily my favorite character! Fuck Katara and Mai.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm)

Katara is so awful.
My Head Hurts 90
(Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 am)

I don't know if you guys watch Korra but it is very good, possibly even better than the original Avatar because the villains are more interesting, although they're dispatched in a relatively short amount of time.

I feel like the people that work out the fight scenes should just do them for every show because they're the only ones where it seems like people are actually fighting and moving.
BigJoeMex
(Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:47 pm)

Considering how slow I am to catch up, expect me to watch Korra sometime in 2018!

But seriously. I've heard great things about it, and the series is definitely well designed! The characters and the setting look amazing when you compare them to Last Airbender. The villain they beat in the season that just finished looked badass too, like some kind of monk version of MMA fighter Randy Couture.

THAT BEING SAID, a lot of friends tell me the weakest point of the series is Korra and her poor character development. Apparently she never stops being a stupid cunt and any improvements she makes are ignored as soon as a new season starts.

I know Aang wasn't the most interesting guy in the world, but at least there was a very clear zero-to-hero character arc he went through from the moment the series started.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm)

Korra is a lot better in season 3. She finally realizes there's more to being the Avatar than punching shit really hard and tries her best to help people. She's still kind of dumb, but it's not nearly as bad or as frustrating as before. Lin Beifong is the GOAT, tho.

Also, the season finale of book 3 is basically humanity's greatest accomplishment.
BigJoeMex
(Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:57 pm)

I see. Another pro of last season I heard is that the villains were an evil team instead of just one villain. And everyone seems to be agree Lin is an amazing character!

From what I've googled, Toph grew up to be a fukken hottie also.

I'm gonna check out the Avatar comics first tho. Because I am an awful nerd beyond help or redemption.
BigJoeMex
(Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:22 pm)

This week in Hajime no Ippo, the threat of Ippo getting punched into retardation is finally upon us!
Ryoko's Biatch
(Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 pm)

You'd think after 1000 chapters of getting punched a lot in the face, he would be at least a little retarded.
BigJoeMex
(Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:08 pm)

Not in anime world, TL! At least Morikawa is trying to re-introduce the real drama of sports injuries.

Remember that time Miyata and Ippo thought Takamura was going blind from one eye and it was all a MISUNDERSTANDING? Man. Fuck that. Joe Frazier fought his entire pro career legally blind in one eye and was still one of the greatest.

At least in the latest chapter Takamura asked coach Kamogawa not to be a bitch and remember he still has him, making it look like he's giving up on Ippo.

I honestly hope this isn't followed by another year of Ippo healing and then having wacky adventures, all while powering up! This shit needs some kind of TIME-SKIP so they can concentrate on him fighting unbelievable monster-men again.

This last fight was pretty cool tho, and easily Ippo's best since the Sawamura title defense. The guy he fought two fights prior to this was borderline-Baki levels of bullshit. At least Alfredo Gonzales' skills were actually grounded in reality!

EDIT: Kill La Kill's OVA is out! You can watch the RAW online right here. DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAY
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:46 pm)

I always thought that the whole Takamura's eye subplot was basically the author foreshadowing that he would have to retire due to a damaged eye, but he didn't want to pull that shit out of nowhere so he decided to make it the focus of two or three chapters so when it finally happens 3000 chapters later you could go "Oh, yeah, that did happen."

So IPPO LOST. That's pretty crazy. I kind of wish he lost to a more interesting opponent (he fought a guy who was a top notch super boxer who also has a secret bloodlust, like all new Ippo characters) but I guess the author realized Ippo was going to face Ricardo Martinez any month now at the rate he was going so he had to PUMP THE BRAKES a little.

It really felt like the author was going to resolve the series how I assumed it would resolve. Ippo and Miyata would face off for the opportunity to face Ricard Martinez for the title. Miyata would win, Ippo would retire as he got to finally drain his balls fighting Miyata, and Miyata would go off to get the title only to get his SHIT WRECKED like Date Eiji. So Miyata would pass the baton and Ippo would come out of RETIREMENT to beat Martinez.

Or Takamura wins all the weight classes above him so he starts shaving his bones so he can conquer the weight classes below. A one armed Takamura missing his spleen, gallbladder, and appendix would then kill Ricardo with a haymaker and be declared Eternal World Champion.
(Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:00 pm)

It was pretty important that Ippo lost to a guy that didn't have any dumb gimmicks like MONKEY ACROBATICS, MIND GAMES or LOOSE GLOVES. Fuck.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:10 pm)

Yes, I like Nonon. Her weird voice acting turns me on.

KILL LA KILL OVA: Hey! This felt somewhat unnecessary. I have a pulsing, veiny hard-on for all things Kill La Kill and nothing in this really got my penis pumped. It was basically the origin story of Satsuki's sassy new epilogue haircut (Which is fucking shitty and I hate it. Screw you Japan and your weird fascination with cutting gloriously lovely locks to highlight character development.). Flashback Military Ragyo was kind of a badass, though. That's the one time I'll say something positive about Ragyo.
kakarot52
(Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:56 pm)

Shut up you Gaywad.
(Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:09 am)

I'm afraid worthless human parasites with nothing to offer society have invalid opinions when it comes to judging the gaywadicity of their social betters. Please respond again when you no longer belong to the untouchable caste.
BigJoeMex
(Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 pm)

Seru is pretty spot on! It's pretty good for what it is, a Kill la Kill episode with a good amount of action. But other than that it's riding on some really late development/backstory for a character I don't think that many people cared about in the first place. The new scissor mode was insane. The BIGGEST HALLELUJAH TO DATE was also insane, but other than that I wasn't blown away or anything.

Honestly, I expected an episode devoted to explaining what happened to everyone after the finale! I thought we were getting that, seeing how the episode began. But nope! It was only a bridge between the end of the series and the credits sequence.
Utils
(Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:27 am)

Naruto (manga) got so fucking retarded.

I just want it to end already. Such an unsatisfying conclusion.
BigJoeMex
(Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:52 pm)

I've been skimming through the last couple chapters. Naruto is pretty much fighting God, only it's not nearly as cool as it sounds.
BigJoeMex
(Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:02 pm)

Oh hey. This week in Hajime no Ippo, Ippo gets up and wobbles around!
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 am)

It's almost like manga is shit because Japanese people are shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 75 of 89

Jump to: