FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American animation vs. Japanese.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Norio Wakamoto Corner
           Author           Message
kakarot52
(Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:25 pm)

Post     American animation vs. Japanese.

Even though I don't really watch anime any more; and probably like more American shows (Simpsons x men etc) I still think anime is better because:

A: American cartoons are overly sterilized for censoring and marketing purposes

B: Even an overrated anime has some sort of aesthetic merit or an comparativel unique theme; in contrast and overrated American cartoon is simply a pile of shit.

C: There are some american cartoons that had perhaps underrated writing and animation aroun 1990-1996 (such as X men or animaniacs) but:

D: Anime may be overrated; but it's overrated for a reason. The Japanese know how to do simple things to make any show watchable (such as intertwining the episodes or not oversanitizing). If these simple techniques can't be used in american animation; then that doesn't reflect well on american animation.

E: Hannah barbarah is an overrated pile of shit (although I liked two stupid dogs).
(Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:02 am)

Post     Re: American animation vs. Japanese.

Anyway, it wasn't so much South Park or Family Guy that made me think American animation was equal or better than the JApanese; it was actually Xmen

But even Xmen wasnt any better written show than say, Gundam Wing, so I will have to revert to the postiion of a 16 year old otaku and claim that anime is at least as good
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: