FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berserk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 am)

Post     Re: Berserk

When are they going to make a shitty American live-action version of Berserk?
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 am)

Shitty American live action Monster is coming soon to HBO!
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:56 am)

Has it really been 14 months since the last chapter of Berserk?
Mike Dunn
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:24 pm)

Are you sure about that PHM? I'm pretty sure it's stuck in development hell and has not been greenlit.
PokemonHentaiMaster
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:24 pm)

That's true, it's not a sure thing yet. It was originally supposed to be a movie like 5 years ago from the History of Violence guy.
Vinny
[00:10] How can you get an erect dick into your own ass?
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 pm)

It would definitely work better as a TV series. I imagine they'll probably take some liberties, however. I just hope that doesn't mean excluding a certain German with a second personality that is a murdering superhero.
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 pm)

They'd have to change a certain part where somebody dresses up like somebody else.

I mean, they could just say to hell with it and still do it, but I don't think people would buy it, you know what I mean?!
Vinny
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 pm)

I don't remember Monster too well but I could see HBO passing on this because the origin of the plot's evil is basically a fucked up school just like True Detective.
(Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm)

It would be pretty cool if everyone spoke German on the show.

But they'll probably make the show take place in America and Dr. Tenma will be the whitest motherfucker alive.
Vinny
(Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 am)

Yeah, I imagine it will take place in America which will take away some of its charm.

The main character being Japanese really isn't important, however. Since it was for Japanese audiences originally Dr. Tenma being a Japanese doctor in Germany was just a reverse The Last Samurai. The only time it factored into the plot is that apparently Germany has no non-whites so the only Asian in Germany was an accused murderer.

I don't know how they'd fix that if the story was set in America if they bothered to fix it at all.
(Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 pm)

Yeah, I guess that's true. I just think it would be interesting for an American show that isn't based on history to take place somewhere besides America.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:05 am)

Uhhh, what about the exotic land of Westeros?
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 am)

Never heard of it.
johnbuisthegreat
www.soldierofcock.com
(Mon May 26, 2014 9:31 am)

New issue, still filler for story no action with promise of more this summer...
Action Hank
(Mon May 26, 2014 2:32 pm)

Does Berserk sell really well? I'm interested in knowing how Miura can get away with releasing so little all the time. Does Young Animal not care? Does he have some awesome contract (or inversely, some shitty contract). Is he rolling in residuals from anime and videogame sales? Or is Japan just such a completely different fucking place where you can survive as a comic book artist/writer (with a team) while only publishing like twice a year?
Vinny
(Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm)

Didn't like three or four Berserk movies get released into theaters over the past few years?

Berserk also does fairly well over here, I think, as it even being released here must be an indicator of some kind of success.
(Mon May 26, 2014 2:51 pm)

I wonder if the increased success is actually more responsible for the lack of content. Like, since he sells, his publishers aren't as pushy or have less sway over him (like R.R. Martin).

Then again, you have stuff like Naruto which is pumped out at a remarkable rate, has lost quality over the years (maybe I'm wrong about that, since I stopped following it years ago). Of course, Naruto is a children's cartoon while Berserk is not.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon May 26, 2014 3:50 pm)

Yeah, Berserk is the best selling title in Young Animal.

I think a lot of the latitude comes from the fact that his work schedule was making him physically ill for a long time. You don't want your biggest investment dying before he can finish his magnum opus. It's the same reason why One Piece takes more breaks than most Jump manga.
Action Hank
(Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 pm)

Felt like rereading the whole manga again. Holy shit, are the unofficial fan-translations awful (up to volume 18 at the moment). Makes me almost not want to read it. Seriously, how did I ever think that the Bank of the Hawk translation team was good? They're just terrible. Yeah, its nice that they let me read something that otherwise would be a bunch of scribbles, but come on. Terrible. The more recent stuff by Evil_Genius is astonishingly superior.

Anyone read the official Dark Horse translation? Is it good?
Ryoko's Biatch
(Sat May 31, 2014 9:28 pm)

The Dark Horse translations are mostly good, but they make a few puzzling translations, some of which are what Young Animal told them to use. For example, Skull Knight is referred to as "Knight of Skeleton" because Japanese people think that's cooler, I guess. Overall it's good, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: