FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psaturn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
Magic Juan
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 pm)

Post     Re: Psaturn

Guys, there's a fucking post somewhere in FTU from 2004 before Obama got elected where I called it. I am a fucking psychic extra hard.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 pm)

The bottom line here is that one could do a lot worse than retreating to a skeptical position and saying "I'll just assume that this is going to be close" in the face of their own admitted ignorance.

I mean, is that worse than saying "that guy looks smart. And he predicted it last time. I'm going with that guy! There's no fucking way Romney will win!"

You're also forgetting the positive effect of making people believe that it's going to be close, which incentivizes participation.

Fuckin' scumbag media, they got a bunch of people to go vote!

Last edited by Fagzilla on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm)

You aren't retreating to a skeptical position, you're talking out your ass and showing yourself to be an ignorant blowhard for the trillionth time. YOU are 8bit Orgy in this situation. YOU are the guy who doesn't know any Democrats in Florida and has therefore decided that Florida doesn't have any Democrats. You are a loathsome ignorant cracker and it is only by the grace of coming of age in Northern California that you default to a vacuous libertarianism instead of vacuous conservatism. Seriously, the only thing missing in your life is conservative pundits telling you what you want to hear (AKA the stupid bullshit you came up with yourself as an ignorant old white guy). Hur hur, I'm gonna vote Republican ironically! *isn't registered to vote*
ALDP
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm)

I'm not going to bother finding synonyms for ignorant because there is no way you will understand even the rough contours of What You Don't Know so there's no point in trying to be eloquent about it. You are slime.
Theldorrin
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm)

I guess whenever two sides disagree, they're equally likely to be right, regardless of any factual evidence supporting one of the sides.
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm)

The reason the US has abysmal voter participation is that the news media isn't unanimous in misrepresenting the odds of candidates in elections.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm)

Of the things I might have expected to be called in this discussion, "ignorant" was up there, and "slime" no surprise, but "cracker?"

Not cracker.
ALDP
(Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 pm)

Yeah, why don't you shut the fuck up?
Fagzilla
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am)

This all emerges from my writing style, I think.

These messes I'm always getting into!

And, ultimately, the meta-mess.

The polished carefulness of it, and other things, makes me sound more pompous or shitty or whatever than I should. My writing-voice is very confident and forceful. This is good when addressing the masses with a stirring, persuasive editorial, but not so good here.

I'm sure when Whitney Houston sang in the shower, it sounded pretty arrogant, if you know what I mean.

I'll have to develop this theory more fully.
Fagzilla
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 am)

That said, you were still a HUGE bitch, and you reacted the same ridiculous way you always do when someone clicks one of your hot buttons.
ALDP
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:19 am)

Chris, I don't know why you're taking this retrospective tone about what you did in the last 24 hours, but you should really apologize before we lock you in with Gimp Mask.
ALDP
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 am)

Chris, if your assumptions about this election were compared to those of various groups, you would come closest to the people who watched Fox News. This is not an exaggeration or just an attempt to be inflammatory. Regardless of whether or not you *believe* that you have beliefs, you stated several and they were all wrong. You are a middle aged white American man who trusts his gut. Again, not an exaggeration. This probably isn't the way you think about yourself, and it's honestly sad how little self-awareness you have to show for thinking about nothing but yourself.
ALDP
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 am)

Why don't you actually respond to anything I said?
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 am)

You're a literally insane person and unbearable to read, Chris.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am)

A surprisingly small amount of Whitney Houston's songs were about how her voice was so easily misinterpreted on account of the profundity of her octaves.
My Head Hurts 90
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm)

I was a little skeptical too, mostly because of the crazy difference in the national polls (until I left for vacation mid-October), plus I overestimated America's racism. My friend sent me a Maddow article a couple weeks before that cited Silver and Cohn about poll wackiness, but I still didn't feel great.

Maybe it's just because the 2000 election is ingrained in my memory, but basically I am never confident on Election day.
My Head Hurts 90
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 pm)

Also Al-Jazeera was trying to rile me up because Saudi Arabia loves John Cena (this is true).
Jason
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm)

That's because Saudi Arabia dreams of valiant, handsome marines coming to save them from the oppression and terror of Islam and not knowing basic thugonomics.
ALDP
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 pm)

I think every Democrat was nervous before the votes were in, but there's a leap between that emotion and actually believing that the election was up in the air. Chris literally said the election was close because Obama didn't have a lead until the swing states all started coming in for him.
MADali
Basically, someone like me is the friend who is watching from afar and shaking one's head.
(Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 pm)

I just realized that Chris disagreed with what I said that with his defensive posts, actually said exactly the thing I was saying all along, that people who don't know much about politics think elections are closed because the media tells them it is to garner interest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: