FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psaturn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 am)

Post     Re: Psaturn

No, MADali is absolutely correct about the first thing. The race was not close at all and any legitimate analysts (Nate Silver, prediction markets, etc.) had Obama as the strong favorite to win. The media does an awful job of actually reporting on elections.

US democracy isn't nearly as shitty as the UK's though.
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am)

The media took the Romney camp at their word when they said New Hampshire, Michigan, and Pennsylvania were still in play. "Sounds like we got a real ball game!" **the media** said.
Theldorrin
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am)

Romney was beating Obama when the places that were counted were almost exclusively in the South.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm)

So are you saying that the swing states weren't actually swing states?

Uncertainty is kind of the definition there. Otherwise it wouldn't be swing.

I'm not gonna trust some bitch-ass analysts anymore than I'm gonna trust the sensationalizing-ass media!

It WAS exciting and close if you didn't trust anyone's predictions.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:53 pm)

Oh, wait a minute... you're the dork who does statistics!

No wonder!

Last edited by Fagzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm)

Oh, you mean the swing states Obama swept? Yeah, I don't call that close. Another hint might be in Romney conceding before, like, midnight. You trust your gut because you're a typical lower class conservative American non-voter.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm)

I'm not going to pretend that I was anywhere in-the-know on the election.

I'm just saying that, as a layman, who was barely paying attention to this because I'm busy working on my own predictions for an event that I actually DO know and care about (THE KONG OFF 2!!!!), everything I encountered led me to the impression that the race was close. Or at the very least, not a landslide. I guess I was just a victim of propaganda. w/e.

The point is, it's not like dumbass MADali knew any better. If he was right, it was just by coincidence. And I think we can all agree on that.

Sorry I don't follow your precious Nate Silver! Legitimate analyst? More like le-Jew-timate anal-ist!

Last edited by Fagzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm)

Congrats on not even being conversant enough in current events to succeed at being scornful and dismissive of them
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm)

Can you scan all the entries in your diary from 1992 and 1996 where you wonder if anybody notices the two parties are exactly the same?
Theldorrin
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm)

I'm going to have to start punishing you for mentioning Donkey Kong garbage, Chris.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 pm)

That's HOW you succeed!
Fagzilla
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm)

Jesus Christ.

Every single post, fucked.
Captain PUNisher
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:05 pm)

If you weren't paying much attention, it stands to reason that your perception of things would not be accurate.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:07 pm)

ALDP: Congrats on not even being conversant enough in current events to succeed at being scornful and dismissive of them

Fagzilla: That's HOW you succeed!
Fagzilla
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:07 pm)

I should just go into Photoshop and create idealized versions of every thread I participate in.
ALDP
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm)

No, that isn't how you succeed, especially if you are the sort of person who can't keep his big stupid mouth shut and can't even reliably identify times when he SHOULD keep his big stupid mouth shut. You don't need facts when you can steer clear of situations that butt up against facts, but you personally GOTTA HAVE A THEORY about everything, which means you gotta be wrong about everything other than the odd broken-clock-twice-a-day situation.
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:04 pm)

I dislike how you're treating Nate Silver like some obscure name known only to political enthusiasts when this is the third election that he's very publically pwned.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain PUNisher
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 pm)

I've been a fan of his since 2008 when he had a near perfect prediction. I was impressed that he even correctly predicted that one of Nebraska's electoral votes, a state that splits it's votes, was going to go for Obama.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm)

If only you paid more attention to all my invisible unmade posts, and all those times that I DID keep my mouth shut.

Now those are some numbers that have been improving!
Jason
At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk, I thought the older women would like me if I did.
(Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm)

I can genuinely appreciate that.
Last edited by God on Fri Apr 05, 33 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: