FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu
           Author           Message
ALDP
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 pm)

Post     Re: Japanese Animation Faggots Unite.

No, this is really awful, even to somebody who's never been adopted and doesn't know anybody who was adopted or who adopted anybody.
Seru
Custom titles are for heroes, like me.
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 pm)

I'm glad everybody but Roy is on the same page about this.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm)

Seru, I need to apologize to you. I lost interest in ANIME in general in about 2006, so when you demanded that everyone watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I pretty much just ignored you. Until now.

Jesus Christ, this is the greatest thing ever.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 pm)

I like how the show takes its own motto seriously, and constantly blows past the impossible in creating over the top battles until it just can't possibly be surpassed. Hey, did you enjoy watching some fucker get punched so hard he FLEW OUT OF SPACE-TIME? Then maybe you'll enjoy watching the hero fight THE FUCKING MOON. Or, galaxies being used as shurikens! OR THE BIG BANG BEING THROWN AT SOMEONE, WHO CATCHES IT, THEN CONVERTS IT AND HIMSELF INTO PURE ENERGY WHICH HE USES TO FORM THE ULTIMATE DRILL.

I realized today that I've been waiting for the final battle in this show for at least ten years. One of my most disappointing moments in anime viewing was about halfway through The End of Evangelion, right after the mass-produced Evas murder the shit out of Asuka, and Shinji comes rising up in Unit 01 screaming like a fucking maniac and sprouting giant angel wings made of energy. I really thought I was about to see the greatest giant robot asswhipping of all time...and then the second half of the movie was people sitting in empty movie theaters and Hideaki Anno shitting on my face. Gurenn Lagann had the introspective scenes, too...and then Simon said FUCK THAT and gave me the battle I had been waiting for.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 pm)

The final battles are so insane and great, it's easy to forget how much fun it was when Kamina was reacting to every single person and situation in the same way that Yakuza A reacts to Onion Dad at the beginning of Gantz. It's basically three shows in one!

- Kamina, Simon, and Yoko have wacky adventures
- Gurrenn brigade battling to topple the Helix King
- Post time-skip war against Anti-Spirals

And they're all good!
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm)

Pre time-skip Yoko is probably the hottest anime bitch of all time! Not that she ISN'T hot post time-skip, I just don't care for her space outfit (although Kittan's reaction to it was great).

Also, the teacher episode....Jesus Christ.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 pm)

The quality of this show demands that I make at least ten posts in a row about it.

I just gained a new appreciation for DBZU-tan!
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm)

So going back to Seru and Andre's discussion a couple weeks ago about how Simon never boned anyone: You can't rule out the possibility that right after he killed the Anti-Spiral, he created a separate universe in which time didn't apply, banged Nia for a week straight, and then flew back and rejoined everyone without them realizing he ever left.

I mean, I'm not saying he definitely did that! I'm just saying that at that particular moment, there certainly isn't anything that Simon COULDN'T have done.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 pm)

Yoko probably did die a virgin though.

So sad.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm)

I really need to figure out a way to solve all my problems by believing in myself and shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?", because it seems pretty damn effective!

Seriously though, this is a very inspiring program.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 pm)

I want to rank all the "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"'s, but there are so many that I know I'll forget some. I'm going to have to rewatch the show and take notes.

Simon and Viral shouting it as they rise up into space to fight the moon was probably the one I enjoyed the most at the time, although the final "TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?" needs to be considered as well.
Seru
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 pm)

You should watch the movies. I think the final battle lasts for about a half hour or so. And it totally has a Yoko robot shooting tit missiles.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm)

Kamina is basically a pure representation of everything FTU ever supported as being "manly". Even things like his eyelashes or the shitty Hawaiian shirt the alternate universe version of him wears are details Vinny clearly would have added.

And then, somehow, Simon is even MORE over the top and badass.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 pm)

I'm looking forward to it!
Seru
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm)

The only thing the movies did wrong (AND THIS IS EXTREMELY EGREGIOUS!) is skip over the Lord Genome fight. They try to compensate by having the DAI-GURREN BRIGADE fight all four DIVINE GENERALS at once as the finale but that just doesn't work. I want an angry lunatic with a flaming head and spiral chest hair smacking the shit out of child and I want it with 20 extra minutes of new animation!
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm)

The flaming head was a nice touch.
Servbot
Overrated faggot
(Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:42 pm)

These past few posts make me so happy. I introduced the show to some people at work and now I need to rewatch it.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 pm)

I still hate Nia so fucking much.
Seru
(Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm)

What, you wouldn't fight the entire your way across the entire galaxy to save a flower-eyed Mary Sue afflicted with some sort of developmental disorder?
Magic Juan
(Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 am)

This is a heartwarming series of posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Uncensored Daizenshuu All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 52 of 89

Jump to: