FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cock And Balls Are On In Ya: The Boyage Of The Ass Sprea
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:41 pm)

Post     The Cock And Balls Are On In Ya: The Boyage Of The Ass Sprea

der

(Fuck you character limit, now my fucking vision is ruined.)

Anyway, I'm gonna be up in that SHIT at midnight tonight.

I mean, maybe. Maybe Lexy won't feel like it!

I wonder if faggots are now bringing Red Vines and Mr. Pibb to these movies. Like, if that's become a tradition.
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:03 pm)

Post     Re: The Cock And Balls Are On In Ya: The Boyage Of The Ass S

Also, I think this might be showing in 3D, and ONLY in 3D, at our theater.

Doesn't that cost like a few bucks more?

Shit.
Fagzilla
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:03 pm)

I don't really have extra money to throw around on 3D!
Fagzilla
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:05 pm)

Especially since I have limited depth perception and pretty much can't see 90% of whatever it is I'm supposed to be seeing (eyes gay, don't ask)
Fagzilla
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm)

Oh no wait, one screen has 3D, the other has 2D.

I have a choice!

Fuck, maybe I'll go to the 3D one anyway. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to see it!

Now I kind of want to.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm)

shove it
Theldorrin
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 pm)

Why do you see so many movies, Christopher?
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 pm)

Not counting the times I get shanghaied into going to the movies for social reasons, I'll willingly go out and see things that are special.

Harry Potter is special, Narnia was important during my childhood, so it's special.

Something will come along about once a year that I feel like I should go to the theater for.

I guess there were two things this year (and within a month!), but whatever.
Fagzilla
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm)

I'm getting really tired of everyone insisting that these books are aggressively Christian allegories, and that there is some kind of fucking agenda behind them where CS Lewis is trying to shove Jesus's cock down your throat.

People have really latched onto this meme fucking hard and will not shut the fuck up about it. These goddamn books/movies have no more specifically "Christian" allegory, imagery, or themes than a shitload of other books/movies.

The annoying thing about it is that it's just thoughtlessly spouted and believed through social attrition. People harp on this mostly because everyone else is harping on it, to the point of critics giving the movies bad reviews strictly on that basis of them being "Christian propaganda." What? Where? Where's the propaganda?

I'm not going to take the time to ALDP-proof this post, I'll just cross my fingers.

Last edited by Fagzilla on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:48 pm)

You clearly haven't read the books, then, Troll.
Yogurtman
Odin
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm)

Since Narnia is a world of Talking Beasts, I thought He [Christ] would become a Talking Beast there, as He became a man here. I pictured Him becoming a lion there because (a) the lion is supposed to be the king of beasts; (b) Christ is called "The Lion of Judah" in the Bible; (c) I'd been having strange dreams about lions when I began writing the work. The whole series works out like this.

The Magician's Nephew tells the Creation and how evil entered Narnia.
The Lion etc the Crucifixion and Resurrection.
Prince Caspian restoration of the true religion after corruption.
The Horse and His Boy the calling and conversion of a heathen.
The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader" the spiritual life (especially in Reepicheep).
The Silver Chair the continuing war with the powers of darkness
The Last Battle the coming of the Antichrist (the Ape), the end of the world and the Last Judgement.[5]

--C.S. Lewis, 1961

But yeah, I'm sure there's nothing Christian in there.
Fagzilla
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm)

WHOAH, WAIT, BEFORE THIS GOES FURTHER, LET ME CLARIFY SOMETHING: I am TOTALLY aware that he was a Christian, and that he wrote them WITH THAT IN MIND, and that Aslan is a Christ figure.

What I'm saying is that the stories are not written in a way that you are beaten over the head with it as some sort of propaganda.

"Christlike figures" appear in many things, including Harry Potter, and Rowling specifically STATED that Harry was modeled after Christ at certain points in the story.

But nobody faults Harry Potter for being "Christian allegory."

Also, I haven't read The Last Battle since I was a child, but I think that particular book might indeed be very Christian.

The rest though, they just aren't. They're about fucking dwarves and witches and magic and shit. Just because you can liken them to elements of the Christian worldview, so what. You can do that with lots of things. They are no more Christian than (say) the Matrix is Christian. Goku fucking sacrifices himself for the world, goes to Heaven, gets judged, this doesn't make DBZ "Christian" (or Buddhist, or whatever).

You could argue that it was Lewis' INTENT to tie Narnia in with Christianity, and if you're going to go by intent, then okay, I can't argue with that.

But again, it's not pushy or preachy in a specifically, uniquely Christian way.

Plus CS Lewis is a little bit of a different kind of Christian. He went "kicking and screaming" (I'm paraphrasing) into that world, and he was never militant or propagandist about his religion.

Oh dear, here we go!
Rice
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 pm)

I remember reading all the books except for the Last Battle and not really thinking about it, and then we talked about how Christian-influenced they were in SUNDAY SCHOOL, and then when I tried to read it I couldn't because of how obvious all the parallels to Revelation were.

I only vaguely remember a lot of the books, but I think I only really enjoyed The Silver Chair and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Was the Prince Caspian movie any good? The guy who played him was so dreamy!
Rice
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 pm)

Also does the CG suck shit in these movies too? I remember seeing the first one and remarking on how fucking bad the special effects were at certain points.

I thought the witch lady was hot though, especially when she was feeding that kid Turkish Delight!!!
Theldorrin
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 pm)

Some of the books are more Christian than others. The Last Battle, for example.

Whereas the Magician's Nephew is much more universal (and also better).
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 pm)

Here's kind of a perfect representative example of what I'm talking about: at the end of Dawn Treader, Aslan says "you can find me in your world... but there I am known by a different name."

It would be one thing if he said, "there I am known by a different name... and that name is Jesus Christ," but he doesn't. It's open-ended. The reader can take that line to mean whatever he wants. Even if Lewis MEANS "Jesus Christ" he's not forcing that on you. Some people would say "OK, Jesus Christ." Others could say "Krishna." Whatever floats your boat, man!

The point is, he's not PUSHING anything.
Rice
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 pm)

krishna died for their sins
Theldorrin
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:11 pm)

Oh, Chris thinks that all religions are interchangeable.
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:39 pm)

Not interchangeable, but they often match up with some (very general) checklists.
Theldorrin
(Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 pm)

Yeah, like they all get a checkmark for being immoral.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: