FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 pm)

Post     Re: Sports Thread

Albert Einstein was not a great athlete, but he was a brilliant scientist.
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 pm)

The Saints utterly pulverized Farve.
YES
Ask me about nation, culture, religion, gender, sexuality, and identity in general being anachronisms from a more vulgar and primitive past.
(Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 pm)

A Northeasterner of brutal animal
BigJoeMex
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:54 am)

Was Adrian Peterson that idiot who swatted someone's hand as he was recovering a fumble?

Someone from his OWN TEAM?
BigJoeMex
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 am)

If it makes you feel better, Yogurtman, those "booth reviews" they did were pretty controversial and could have gone either way. I'm talking about that insane high jump where the ball got headbutted.

The winning field goal was still ridiculous.
Bladtman
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 pm)

AP had 3 TDs and 100+ yards, people are trying to pin this on him but he technically didn't lose any of those fumbles so you can't lay the blame on him.

Good ole' Farve finally showed his true self on that last play though.

I really was hoping Farve would be too messed up to play after those hits and Tavaris would make his triumphant return leading the team to the SB
Ryoko's Biatch
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm)

Well, even though that first fumble was credited to Favre, they both fucked that one up. Still, I wouldn't blame Adrian Peterson, Favre fucked up way more than he did. Since he threw only 7 interceptions this season, everyone forgot that he's a guy who throws interceptions. Plus two other guys had fumbles.

You have to credit the Saints because they were really doing a great job of stripping the ball. None of the fumbles were flukes or entirely the result of having a bad grip.
Bladtman
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm)

Exactly, but most fat armchair quarterback fans can never see that the defense trains vigorously to strip the football and assume that these players who have played this game their entire lives and practice damn near everyday have "butter fingers"
Fagzilla
Got lost in another dimension for a couple months. But seriously, we will actually update the site within the next couple of days. http://www.bandzwiki.com/
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:30 pm)

Butt Faggay
Yogurtman
Odin
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:58 pm)

It's kind of ridiculous to argue about who to blame for the Vikings defeat. I mean, there were six fumbles, two picks, a legendarily stupid penalty knocking them out of game-winning field goal range, and the offensive line basically allowed Favre to be murdered. There's plenty of blame to go around!

Generally speaking I agree with you about crediting the defense for forcing fumbles, but it gets frustrating when Peterson is basically the best back in the NFL in all aspects except that he also leads the league in fumbles (by a back anyway, I'm sure some QB has more).
L Ron Butterfly
I take pop music pretty seriously.
(Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 pm)

I don't know how the Saints pulled this one off considering their offense basically collapsed in the fourth quarter.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 am)

Yeah, the Vikings losing was definitely a team effort, at least on the offensive side. Between the first quarter and overtime, the Saints were only able to score because of a couple big plays and great field position. They barely made it into field goal range in OT with the help of a pass interference call.

So, Yogurtman, which hurt the soul of Minnesotans more, the pick or the penalty?
Yogurtman
Odin
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 am)

The penalty is definitely worse, at least to me, because they wouldn't have even passed if they hadn't lost that five yards. But I think more people are blaming Favre, because it's hard to blame a nebulous "12th man" when you don't even know who it is.
BigJoeMex
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:14 am)

This thread is awesome and makes me wish I followed the NFL a bit more.
L Ron Butterfly
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 pm)

I read an article suggesting that Brett Favre threw that interception on their last possession in the fourth quarter when they were already in field goal range because he has an uncontrollable ego and wouldn't have been satisfied simply winning the game without ending on some brilliant Brett Favre super pass.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm)

Oh, I didn't know the Vikings' kicker could reliably kick 60 yard field goals.

Whoever wrote that is a fucking idiot.
L Ron Butterfly
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm)

Running the ball would have been a much safer bet!

And the Saints won the game with a pretty out-there field goal from a kicker who had blown much easier kicks in the regular season.

Also, the writer used other examples of crucial Brett Favre interceptions in the closing minutes of playoffs games to show a pattern of behavior.
Ryoko's Biatch
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm)

Yeah, it would have been safer to hand the ball to a guy who already had 3 fumbles in the game. Besides, running the ball isn't guaranteed to get you 5+ yards. If the back gets tackled at the line of scrimmage, you gain nothing. A successful pass is more likely to get the yardage they needed.

And, yeah, a 40 yard field goal isn't exactly a lay-up, but it's not an impossible dream of a kick.

I have no doubt that Brett Favre has an ego, but a passing play in that situation absolutely made sense. The only thing questionable about it was that he made such an unnecessarily difficult pass. He should have just thrown it away.
Bladtman
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm)

After that penalty he pretty much had no choice but to throw it. The problem was the throw itself was a horrible decision, he had an open man on the sideline which could have lead to an easy 10-15 yard gain at least and he also could have just ran it with the space he had for about 5 yards. Instead he rushed it and threw a pass at the worst possible angle

As much fun as it is to shit on Favre there were a bunch of reasons why they lost the game so the what-if game is pointless. Shit you might as well blame the Viking player at the coin toss for not knowing that tails never fails
L Ron Butterfly
(Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:17 pm)

There was no chance of Favre running it because the Saints had already destroyed what was left of his decrepit, withering body.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 4 of 34

Jump to: