FTU
Dragon Ball Z Uncensored
The only place on the World Wide Web where you can hang out with Chris Psaros-san, the coolest webmaster this side of Namek!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spermer cell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
           Author           Message
Matthew Outland
The sum of all the arguments Theldorrin makes for not having children.
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:33 pm)

Post     spermer cell

No matter how much I like to pretend otherwise, this series isnt really that fun. It tries WAY too hard to be realistic, and not even in ways that help gameplay. Like, a jap game designer, if he had to make a game realistic, would prioritize fun realism.

FOR EXAMPLE, the alarm systems are fucking gay. Its not as bad in Chaos theory, but metal gear solid made a more realistic alarm system simply by having people chase after you when alarms are signaled, and having anyone who is near you radiol ASAP but not if hes already in a firefight, but will sometimes try.

Its amazing how much better and smoothly MGS dealt with this concept of a spy who is probably going to screw up all the time.

Enemies never react anywhere as realistically in splinter cell games, despite that splinter cell was trying much harder. And they couldnt fix it across 3 fucking games, even though they tried.

ITs bullshit like this that makes splinter cell's "realism" pretty dumb and feel more like a shitty puzzle game with shitty gameplay than a techno-spy game. Loading times were gay. I give kudos to the concept though.
Rice
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:35 pm)

Post     Re: spermer cell

I agree. The games are so "realistic" they aren't fun.
Matthew Outland
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:39 pm)

True, but the point is the enemies dont react realistically IMO. Neither is the alarm system. for these 2 reasons alone, MGS already competes with splinter cell in realism even though it didnt even try to.

It kinda causes the game to contradict itself when its trying really fucking hard to be realistic and careful.

That, and a beginner at this game wouldnt really bypass anyone. Theyd just get the bad guys more carefully. That really makes you more of a careful comando than a super agent
Action Hank
Yes, I fart dicks. Dicks actually come out of my anus when I fart.
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:24 pm)

Why do you keep playing them, then?
Theldorrin
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:11 pm)

I'm not really a fan of 'realism' because most people's concept of realism is way off, and realism isn't really that fun. That's why people play games, after all.
Big Fagot
Alpha ape
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:13 pm)

If you want a game with great graphics and perfect realism, just stop caring if you live or die and then go out and start messing shit up.
Matthew Outland
(Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 pm)

SHUT UP ACE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Ball Z Uncensored Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: